< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Driving for Uber/Lyft
Jewish Rabbi 01:20 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I do door dash delivery as a side hustle. Make 15-20hr
Bill have you ever delivered Jack in the Box to a hot guy and sucked him off
[Reply]
sedated 11:29 AM 07-20-2021
Based on my Uber usage, it seems like it will be more profitable these days because Ubers are f-ing expensive now. I tried to go from Westport area to Waldo a couple weeks ago and the cheapest was $49. Downtown to midtown (a grand total of 10 blocks) cost $22 last weekend. I haven't gotten an estimate for under $15 in a few months and I'm just going to places nearby.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:58 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Based on my Uber usage, it seems like it will be more profitable these days because Ubers are f-ing expensive now. I tried to go from Westport area to Waldo a couple weeks ago and the cheapest was $49. Downtown to midtown (a grand total of 10 blocks) cost $22 last weekend. I haven't gotten an estimate for under $15 in a few months and I'm just going to places nearby.
:-)

Wow. What does that compare to a cab?
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:06 PM 07-20-2021
I've always found Uber to be far worse at jacking up their prices when they're busy, versus Lyft.... haven't used either in a while though, so they might both be that way now.

IIRC, there's even been shenanigans before that's basically collusion, where drivers stay unavailable until prices go up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:08 PM 07-20-2021
Should have used Lyft it's cheaper and doesnt charge more during peak times
[Reply]
sedated 01:10 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Should have used Lyft it's cheaper and doesnt charge more during peak times
Lyft is dead to me unless there is no other option. Over a long stretch they were almost as expensive but had 20-30 minute waits to get picked up. Then I waited 40 minutes for one (finishing a drop off nearby), and the f'er cancelled the trip when they were only a few blocks away.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:33 AM 07-20-2021
I drive for Grub Hub and Door Dash as a side job working maybe 5-8 hours per week and it's usually around $25-30 per hour. Never wanted random strangers in my car so Uber was never for me.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 11:48 AM 07-20-2021
good on you for cleaning up that Debt !
[Reply]
stumppy 11:59 AM 07-20-2021
I'd last long enough to cuss out every dumb, slow, stupid, ignorant, mf'n, non driving,sob who crossed my path on the first ride.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:04 PM 07-20-2021
In my area, some drivers have created their own business doing ride shares. I guess to get around having to share money with Uber or Lift.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:50 PM 07-20-2021
Only do it if you can get a reliable, pleasant-to-be-in beater with good gas mileage.

Follow the advice posted above regarding insurance and look up driver safety tips when you're a for-hire driver.

Get a stack of business cards listing your name as it appears on the app, your vehicle /description, and a phone number you'd like to be contacted at with the window of time you prefer to drive for-hire in a day.

Use both Uber and Lyft for a while, screening riders with the highest ratings. If they're not toolbags / buttfucking morons, give them your card and say you'll accept a cheaper ride for cash / direct venmo than what Uber/Lyft charges them if they text you ahead / beginning of your time window. Make it clear that this will apply to surge prices too.

Profit.
[Reply]
Reroka 01:35 PM 07-20-2021
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate .

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Only do it if you can get a reliable, pleasant-to-be-in beater with good gas mileage.

Follow the advice posted above regarding insurance and look up driver safety tips when you're a for-hire driver.

Get a stack of business cards listing your name as it appears on the app, your vehicle /description, and a phone number you'd like to be contacted at with the window of time you prefer to drive for-hire in a day.

Use both Uber and Lyft for a while, screening riders with the highest ratings. If they're not toolbags / butt****ing morons, give them your card and say you'll accept a cheaper ride for cash / direct venmo than what Uber/Lyft charges them if they text you ahead / beginning of your time window. Make it clear that this will apply to surge prices too.

Profit.

[Reply]
Jenson71 07:44 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Reroka:
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate .
I had a relative drive for Uber. He got in a car accident with a passenger and it was his fault. I was under the impression that his own insurance would have to be involved, but I was told by this relative that Uber's insurer took over entirely.

I would assume there's a minimal amount of coverage you need to maintain. If you're driving around with $20k or $25k liability, it might not be sufficient for Uber's requirements and you may have to up it.

I have no idea, but it's something to look into if you haven't already.

My relative liked driving for Uber. He also did Lyft as well. If I recall, he may have preferred Lyft, but I can't remember why.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:39 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Reroka:
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate.
I doubt it..but its a 2011 Hyundai so no big deal.
[Reply]
Spott 01:20 PM 07-20-2021
I use the heck out of the service and have found Lyft to be a little more reliable and cheaper than Uber. Driving for them would be a different story. I’ve heard a few of them tell me that they’ve been doing very well because of the rental car shortage in a lot of areas. One even told me he was making 2-3 trips to Miami (from Orlando) a week because customers were booking rides from city to city. I can’t imagine taking an Uber for 200 miles, but apparently people are doing it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up