ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Eddie Murphy back in "Beverly Hills Cop 4"
Deberg_1990 09:49 AM 05-29-2008
Rocky and Rambo returned, John McClane and Indy came back as well. Looks like Axel Foley is finally coming back!!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Since we were all clamoring for a sequel after Beverly Hills Cop 3. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:15 PM 05-29-2008
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
That was a good movie, and what a hell of an alternate ending

The rest were mindless action, but i loved it
Does that have the alternate ending where Troutman kills him?

I know that's how the book ended, but I didn't realize they actually filmed it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:22 PM 05-29-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
Does that have the alternate ending where Troutman kills him?

I know that's how the book ended, but I didn't realize they actually filmed it.
Yep, Rambo gives him the gun and then as troutman wants to back off he grabs the gun and pushes the trigger while still in Troutmans hands
[Reply]
Frazod 07:29 PM 05-29-2008
Yep, Rambo gives him the gun and then as troutman wants to back off he grabs the gun and pushes the trigger while still in Troutmans hands
Cool.

Right now, they have for sale a 3-pack of the original movies in blu-ray, and a 4-pack of all of them in regular DVD, which doesn't make any sense. As soon as the 4-pack hits blu-ray, I'll buy it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:33 PM 05-29-2008
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Rambo, well, there never really was a good rambo, so I'll agree.

Not true at all. First Blood is still very good. There is actually very little killing and its fairly realistic. Great, gritty down to earth action film.

The others were mindless action of course, but still fun.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:38 PM 05-29-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Not true at all. First Blood is still very good. There is actually very little killing and its fairly realistic. Great, gritty down to earth action film.

The others were mindless action of course, but still fun.
Agreed. All were entertaining, but First Blood was the best.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:06 PM 05-29-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
Cool.

Right now, they have for sale a 3-pack of the original movies in blu-ray, and a 4-pack of all of them in regular DVD, which doesn't make any sense. As soon as the 4-pack hits blu-ray, I'll buy it.
May as well get the 3 pack off amazon and rambo 4....the 3 pack is decently priced and rambo is $22
[Reply]
Frazod 09:20 PM 05-29-2008
May as well get the 3 pack off amazon and rambo 4....the 3 pack is decently priced and rambo is $22
I can wait.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:22 PM 05-29-2008
I hear they're calling it "Beverly Hills Cop 4: We can't come up with a new franchise and we need a paycheck so we're going to mail this in".
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:12 AM 05-30-2008
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I hear they're calling it "Beverly Hills Cop 4: We can't come up with a new franchise and we need a paycheck so we're going to mail this in".
As long as it's better than that Metro POS he did a few years back...:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:00 AM 05-30-2008
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
As long as it's better than that Metro POS he did a few years back...:-)
I actually like that movie. It was a return to the R rated old Murphy that I enjoyed from my youth. Unfortunately, since that bombed, i think he made the decision to go strictly PG or PG-13.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:06 AM 05-30-2008
I actually enjoyed Pluto Nash - it certainly wasn't great or anything, but I don't understand why it got blasted the way it did.

Never saw Metro.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:17 AM 05-30-2008
The Golden Child was the best.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:55 PM 05-30-2008
I barely remember Metro, except that it seemed to me he was trying really hard to get back to the Beverly Hills Cop thing without actually doing it. Also, his side-kick was not as funny as he could have been...

...I dunno, I remember really being pissed that I wasted 2 hours on Metro...
[Reply]
kc rush 01:28 PM 05-30-2008
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
The Golden Child was the best.
I-I-I-I Want the knife.

I love that movie.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:05 PM 05-03-2014
Apparently, this is on the fastback again, with Bruckheimer producing. I don't see how this can be any good? Eddie Murphy has completely lost it.

http://www.thewrap.com/paramount-set...ie-march-2016/

Paramount is getting serious about bringing Axel Foley back to theaters, setting “Beverly Hills Cop” for release on March 25, 2016.

Eddie Murphy will reprise his star-making role as a Detroit cop, and the latest sequel will find him returning to the Motor City.

Also read: ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Gets Pass From CBS; Producers Consider Other Outlets

Brett Ratner will direct the film from a script by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec.

Jerry Bruckheimer will produce “Beverly Hills Cop,” as he has been part of the franchise since the first film in 1984.

Also read: ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Pilot: Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold to Reunite

“Beverly Hills Cop” will open against WB's sci-fi adventure movie “Geostorm” starring Gerard Butler.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up