ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Considering take a vacation up north
Mecca 11:43 AM 05-17-2024
The wife and I are strongly considering heading up to the Wyoming/Montana area, who's been and what is there to do?

This is also kind of a scouting trip as this is an area that's on the list of where we may eventually move.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:43 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper:
You might have to get into contact with Crave Johnsons girlfriend, she seems to be the authority on Belize
I've heard that, but I'd prefer to get opinions from people who actually exist...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:44 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you stay by the ocean Belize will feel fine, if you get inland it feels like ****ing death, like if you go see the Mayan ruins you will feel like someone poured water in all of your orifices from sweat.
We're staying at a resort on the coast. There is a one day trek to the Mayan ruins we will go on, so I'm ready for some serious humidity but I can't wait to see them.

I was in Guatemala a few years back and while humid, it didn't seem to awfully hot. We were there in July too, but I think it's milder at that time or something.

Belize inland I'm sure will be quite similar to Guatemala.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:45 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not to derail the thread too much, but for you Belizers, where did you stay and what did you do? My wife and I like to take a "get out of the cold" vacation over MLK weekend, and Belize is on my radar for this year.
I saw it on a cruise so I didn't stay there...be very careful though because there are some very very poor areas that can be dangerous.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
We're staying at a resort on the coast. There is a one day trek to the Mayan ruins we will go on, so I'm ready for some serious humidity but I can't wait to see them.

I was in Guatemala a few years back and while humid, it didn't seem to awfully hot. We were there in July too, but I think it's milder at that time or something.

Belize inland I'm sure will be quite similar to Guatemala.
I took a hike in Mexico from Playa Del Carmen out to Tulem to see those ruins...it felt fucking terrible until we got by the ocean.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:46 PM 05-17-2024
I saw it on a cruise so I didn't stay there...be very careful though because there are some very very poor areas that can be dangerous.
Yeah, that's the case for most of Latin America. Our friends always like to stay on Caye Caulker, but they tell me even finding a TV is a challenge there, and I've got an annual ritual of watching the Chiefs win a playoff game while on vacation...
[Reply]
burt 12:48 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I get that. (fucked up and went to Florida last summer...holy shit...) but I don't think it'll be too bad.

One of these years we're gonna get to the Northwest. Looks beautiful for sure.
I thought I was the only idiot that did that! The heat index was 107! Even the water was hot…
[Reply]
Mecca 12:49 PM 05-17-2024
I've also gone to Florida and that heat blows balls.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:49 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Grand Tetons are amazing
That is one of the places we've looked at...that and Glacier.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:52 PM 05-17-2024
That is one of the places we've looked at...that and Glacier.
If you do Teton, you have to do Yellowstone - they're only a couple of hours apart. There's just so much variety at Yellowstone, you could spend a week there.

The only downside is that it's often stupidly crowded.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:53 PM 05-17-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If you do Teton, you have to do Yellowstone - they're only a couple of hours apart. There's just so much variety at Yellowstone, you could spend a week there.

The only downside is that it's often stupidly crowded.
I figured, I'd like to go places where there are less people honestly. Strongly considering moving to a place with less people at some point.
[Reply]
scho63 12:57 PM 05-17-2024
Lewdog went to school in Montana I think or lived there
[Reply]
Otter 12:59 PM 05-17-2024
If you like the outdoors, swinging a fly rod, field dressing a mammal (not endorsing humans) or just hiking for exercise and the view you really can't go wrong with Cook City, MT.

Just don't try and keep up with Bwana and his crazy kin on 4 wheelers without making sure your life & health insurance is squared away.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:00 PM 05-17-2024
If in Wyoming you got to hit up Devils Tower. We were up there a 2 years ago. We stayed at a campground in Sundance Wyoming and took our motorcycle on jeep trails to Devils Tower. Each time we went to the west side of the mountains we got a unique view of Devils Tower.
Just a fantastic day of riding with a happy ending of hiking around the tower. We ended the day at a small reservoir to go swimming. Unfortunately we didn't have bathing suits so we swam naked.
[Reply]
Spott 01:01 PM 05-17-2024
Montana is definitely amazing, especially during the warmer months. I stayed near Whitefish which is in northwest Montana near a ski resort. All the hiking/mountain biking you could imagine, plenty of fishing spots including Flathead Lake, and within a couple of hours from Glacier National park. I was there two weeks and never got bored.
[Reply]
JimNasium 01:02 PM 05-17-2024
Did a driving tour out West several years ago. Be advised that there is nothing that’s close together. Every day was at least a six hour drive. Would do it again, it was beautiful, but wish we would have made our agenda more realistic.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up