ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Coach Spags ranked 3rd-best DC
Megatron96 12:01 PM 05-26-2024
That’s 3rd-best all-time. Nice to see him finally getting the recognition he so richly deserves.

https://apple.news/AgTvd33GQR8-mmJhZ9zPI5w
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:06 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
His spying won Brady's first 3 rings not the other way around.
Fixed
[Reply]
Basileus777 03:22 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Doesn’t he have like 5 rings now? He is without question one of the best decisions Andy and this franchise made ever.
4, he one got 1 with the Giants, 3 with KC.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:00 PM 05-26-2024
When I read the thread title, I thought “who are the 2 above him in the nfl?” Not realizing it was an “all time” type of list.

Kudos, Spags.

You’ll be top dog in no time.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:09 PM 05-26-2024
He’s the only coordinator in history to win a ring with 2 different franchises. That’s mind blowing to me.
[Reply]
Chieftain 05:38 PM 05-26-2024
Spags is just as responsible for the 3 SBs as Andy is. He made salad out of some chickenshit defenses and has mostly been clutch in the postseason. It's a real blessing to have him coach exactly in this history defining era for the franchise.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:44 PM 05-26-2024

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:46 PM 05-26-2024
His hiring before the 2019 season distressed me. I wanted the Raiders to snag him.

He knows his business unlike other current DC.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:04 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
His hiring before the 2019 season distressed me. I wanted the Raiders to snag him.

He knows his business unlike other current DC.

I have to admit, I was concerned at the time he was hired. I knew only that he'd been the DC for NYG when they beat Brady and the Pats the first time, but really didn't know anything else about him.

Then I found that article in which they ranked him among the top-10 DCs in the league before he stepped away for that season and felt a little better about it. Actually, I think they ranked him 10th, lol.

But when I saw what he was able to do with Breeland and Chav, and how he challenged Tyrann to be the Swiss Army knife of the secondary, how he aggressively called press/man coverages when almost every DC had defaulted to some kind of covr-2/-3 zone or whatever passive BS scheme everyone is still running, and finally how he brought all those exotic blitz schemes, that's when my gut told me Spags was the answer to winning a SB in my lifetime.

I could ramble on almost endlessly about how great I think Spags is (I know I've already done it in the past, lol), how he's the best DC the Chiefs have ever had, blahblahblah, but I'll just say thank God for Andy having the vision and guts to hire Steven Spagnuolo. :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:26 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
One of the most important moves in Chiefs history
Truly. With how much the defense believes and loves to play for Spags, it's like we have 2 HC's, Andy and Spags. It's brutally unfair to the rest of the league that we have the best GM, best HC, best QB, AND best DC on our team.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:39 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Truly. With how much the defense believes and loves to play for Spags, it's like we have 2 HC's, Andy and Spags. It's brutally unfair to the rest of the league that we have the best GM, best HC, best QB, AND best DC on our team.
Plus the best TE and K.

Just an embarrassment of riches.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:41 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Plus the best TE and K.

Just an embarrassment of riches.
And defensive tackle. And center. And cornerback.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:47 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'll give you that first superbowl.

After that it was all Tom Brady. Brady always made plays when he needed to.

When Belichick's d gave up 400 total yards to Jake Delhomme and company in Superbowl 38 Brady put up just enough to win.
Can’t credit Brady for his sixth ring either as Bill’s defense stymied a high powered Rams offense that scored 54 on KC earlier in the year. Like Belechick or hate him but that was a defensive masterpiece and that defense won that SB.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:54 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Spags is just as responsible for the 3 SBs as Andy is. He made salad out of some chickenshit defenses and has mostly been clutch in the postseason. It's a real blessing to have him coach exactly in this history defining era for the franchise.
Couldn't have said it better! You are so spot on!
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 12:41 AM 05-27-2024
And Dave Merritt has to be up there as the top secondary coach. It doesn't seem to matter what round they're drafted in, they tend to be successful under this coaching staff.
[Reply]
Bump 12:45 AM 05-27-2024
Well he is number 1 in my book!

If there ever is a case for a defensive coordinator to be in the hall of fame, he's it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up