Smokehouse 5 4.39%
My Mom's house 5 4.39%
Gaz's house 3 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>KC Bbq Tour
Boise_Chief 11:03 AM 12-05-2023
It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:55 AM 12-05-2023
Poll falls short because it ignores the intricacies of arguing over KC BBQ. There can be no single overall "Best BBQ."
True KCBBQ enthusiasts elevate this question to next-level arguing via sub-categories specific to a particular cut.*

Q39: Burnt Ends
Q39: Chicken
Joe's: Brisket
Char Bar: vegan pulled pork jackfruit sando. Also Wings.
Jack Stack: Ribs
Jack Stack: Sides

I would even offer up Gram & Dunn Pig Wings appetizer is the bomb.

Gates gets zero votes in my personal scale. Ugh. Worst experience. Pour some vinegar on a stack of grease fat, there you go.

*My votes are based on 2017, the last time I lived there.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:56 AM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
You're missing Wolfpack
I never saw if you posted your thoughts after your visit. Where did you go and what did you think?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:59 AM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
I know it will be a generic response but i like:

Joe's
Q39
Jack Stack

But you can't go wrong with any of the famous ones i feel like, they're all good.
that's exactly where I land in this poll.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:00 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Fiorella's and Jack Stack are the same thing.

Edit: And if possible, I'd like to register a negative vote for Gates.
concur
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:10 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Jackstack is sooo overrated
When I visit family in KC, I swing by Jacks and get a quart of their pork and beans to go... But yeah, otherwise I go someplace else.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:23 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I never saw if you posted your thoughts after your visit. Where did you go and what did you think?
I thought both Chef J and Wolfepack were superb

I won't create a bunch of hyperbole from one visit but both were top end BBQ experiences. Just from a brisket standpoint, I thought both equaled the quality I've found in Texas (which is the only thing they're good that matters)

On the flipside, I also stopped by Jack Stack and their beef ribs were not up to par
[Reply]
Woogieman 12:24 PM 12-05-2023
The best single brisket sandwich I've had is from LCs and I had a side of sweet tater fries to boot that were top notch. Comfortably better than anything I've had from Oklahoma Joe's.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:34 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I thought both Chef J and Wolfepack were superb

I won't create a bunch of hyperbole from one visit but both were top end BBQ experiences. Just from a brisket standpoint, I thought both equaled the quality I've found in Texas (which is the only thing they're good that matters)

On the flipside, I also stopped by Jack Stack and their beef ribs were not up to par
Great to hear!
[Reply]
George Liquor 12:35 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
that's exactly where I land in this poll.
I only put Joe's on top because it was the most recent bbq restaurant I've eaten at.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 01:01 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Poll falls short because it ignores the intricacies of arguing over KC BBQ. There can be no single overall "Best BBQ."
True KCBBQ enthusiasts elevate this question to next-level arguing via sub-categories specific to a particular cut.*

Gates gets zero votes in my personal scale. Ugh. Worst experience. Pour some vinegar on a stack of grease fat, there you go.

Tha ks Tiny E this is what ultimately I'm looking for to skim the cream off the top of individual restaurants and try to get the best sampling from however many places we can hit.
[Reply]
Monty 01:17 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:

Well done, thank you for clarifying. To add to this, the Brisket Poutine at Q39 was amazing and should be mentioned.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:23 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Details?
Gates isn't Joe's, but it's always been decent. And it is open till 10 on Friday (see the other thread).
The last time I ate at Gates, my brisket sandwich was like chewing on shoe leather. That was 10+ years ago, and maybe I just caught them on a bad day, but there are far too many great BBQ options to risk getting the same quality shit that I did that day.
[Reply]
neech 01:26 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've still yet to try Slap's. Been there three times and the line was down the street.
Yeah, I don't venture into that part of KC much but for but looking at the menu for Slap's I want to try it now.
[Reply]
neech 01:29 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Jackstack is sooo overrated
How dare you.
[Reply]
TLO 01:30 PM 12-05-2023
I'm sorry I know Q39 is popular but there are much better options.

Gates isn't very good either, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up