ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What type of Fantasy Football League do you Like?
kcgreene 09:10 AM 06-07-2024
I'm just curious of those of us who play fantasy, What is your favorite league setup and why? Also, is there anything different that your league does that typically isn't done?

(This thought was prompted by myself and a buddy talking about SuperFlex when I realized how popular SuperFlex is and how it's never really appealed to me at all, maybe I'm just not seeing the forest through the trees)

Personally, My favorite league is one that I commish with a group of my friends. It's a PPR Dynasty Salary Cap league with player contracts and an independent rookie draft annually.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLX, 1 K and 6 IDPs.
We even have a Restricted Free Agency Period, which I don't see many leagues do but helps keep involvement up in the offseason.

What about you guys?
[Reply]
wazu 10:42 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
I have not, but I can definitely see the appeal, though if you're one of the first teams out, you're literally just stuck with your dick in your hand the whole year LOL
For sure. The good news is if you're competent at all it's really unlikely that you are out week 1. If all teams are equal in skill odds are less than 6%. And with 18 teams, the draft goes REALLY deep so skilled players can take advantage in later rounds.

What's also crazy - every week when a team gets "chopped" all their players go up for auction. So the game is won by being strategic with FAAB. It's a very different game in that respect. Week 1 everybody is starting scrubs. By season's end it's all super rosters.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:46 AM 06-07-2024
I am obsessed with my 10 team Superflex (two QBs) dynasty league.

We have a rookie draft right after the real draft and it's great.

I managed to snag Malik Nabers at 5 because I didn't need a QB like others did and I am giddy still.

I also got Adonai Mitchell in the third round and everyone is already asking how they let that happen. Gonna be a steal.
[Reply]
kcgreene 10:46 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
For sure. The good news is if you're competent at all it's really unlikely that you are out week 1. If all teams are equal in skill odds are less than 6%. And with 18 teams, the draft goes REALLY deep so if skilled players can take advantage in later rounds.

What's also crazy - every week when a team gets "chopped" all their players go up for auction. So the game is won by being strategic with FAAB. It's a very different game in that respect. Week 1 everybody is starting scrubs. By season's end it's all super rosters.
The FAAB weekly is intriguing.

And yeah, I consider myself a skilled player, but God knows I'd end up with the shittiest Week 1 ever LOL.

I do really like the idea though of building your team through the year, maybe I'll have to find one this year and hop in.
[Reply]
wazu 10:49 AM 06-07-2024
The FAAB weekly is intriguing.

And yeah, I consider myself a skilled player, but God knows I'd end up with the shittiest Week 1 ever LOL.

I do really like the idea though of building your team through the year, maybe I'll have to find one this year and hop in.
Yeah, let me know if you're looking. With 18 teams I usually have to replace a couple each year. It's only a $10 league. Lots of casual players who this is the only league they play. I'm very elitist about wanting to outlast them all but so far I haven't personally been very good at this format.
[Reply]
kcgreene 10:52 AM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
I am obsessed with my 10 team Superflex (two QBs) dynasty league.
I wish I could get into Superflex, it seems like there is SO MUCH Superflex content out there on the interwebs and it's so popular, but 2 QBs is just so weird to me (I know that sounds stupid). I assume you like it more than 1 QB?

I managed to snag Malik Nabers at 5 because I didn't need a QB like others did and I am giddy still.

I also got Adonai Mitchell in the third round and everyone is already asking how they let that happen. Gonna be a steal.
Nabers at 5 is nuts, and getting AD Mitchell in the 3rd is insane, I think he'll be going in my league in the early 2nd.

I have 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, and 1.08. (Started the offseason with 1.01 and 1.02, but moved down to 1.04 to shore up some holes on my roster) and looking at people and conversations, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with MHJr, Worthy, Bowers, and Caleb, which will be a great haul.
[Reply]
kcgreene 10:53 AM 06-07-2024
Yeah, let me know if you're looking. With 18 teams I usually have to replace a couple each year. It's only a $10 league. Lots of casual players who this is the only league they play. I'm very elitist about wanting to outlast them all but so far I haven't personally been very good at this format.
Definitely I'd be interested at only $10 (Which seems very fitting for a league like that, considering luck can be a fickle bitch). When do you guys usually draft and what service do you use?
[Reply]
wazu 11:02 AM 06-07-2024
Definitely I'd be interested at only $10 (Which seems very fitting for a league like that, considering luck can be a fickle bitch). When do you guys usually draft and what service do you use?
We usually draft fairly close to the season, and it's a "slow" draft where people get 1 hour to make a pick, and the draft "pauses" at night, restarting the following morning. That part is a lot of fun because as a nerd who loves the draft there is a ton of time between picks. Usually takes I think 4 or 5 days.

Here is the site we use: https://guillotineleagues.com/public/

The site has kind of a fun personality to it, but takes a bit to get used to. Will probably be another couple of months before I send out the call for who is returning. Will hit you up if we have spots and let you know if we somehow miraculously are full. (Which hasn't happened yet.)
[Reply]
kcgreene 11:06 AM 06-07-2024
We usually draft fairly close to the season, and it's a "slow" draft where people get 1 hour to make a pick, and the draft "pauses" at night, restarting the following morning. That part is a lot of fun because as a nerd who loves the draft there is a ton of time between picks. Usually takes I think 4 or 5 days.

Here is the site we use: https://guillotineleagues.com/public/

The site has kind of a fun personality to it, but takes a bit to get used to. Will probably be another couple of months before I send out the call for who is returning. Will hit you up if we have spots and let you know if we somehow miraculously are full. (Which hasn't happened yet.)
Definitely. Thanks! And I personally prefer Slow Auction and Slow Draft (unless you can get everyone in the same room together at the same time obviously) so that's awesome! Thanks for filling me in!
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:07 AM 06-07-2024
I wish I could get into Superflex, it seems like there is SO MUCH Superflex content out there on the interwebs and it's so popular, but 2 QBs is just so weird to me (I know that sounds stupid). I assume you like it more than 1 QB?

Nabers at 5 is nuts, and getting AD Mitchell in the 3rd is insane, I think he'll be going in my league in the early 2nd.

I have 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, and 1.08. (Started the offseason with 1.01 and 1.02, but moved down to 1.04 to shore up some holes on my roster) and looking at people and conversations, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with MHJr, Worthy, Bowers, and Caleb, which will be a great haul.

I didn't understand why 2 QBs would be interesting or fun but then you realize IMMEDIATELY how important two functioning QBs and a third (fourth?) backups are. They are instantly the most valuable position and just about every QB in the league is on our rosters. We have large rosters (and IDPs!) so it allows for it but man they are valuable.

Like it doesn't matter much what kind of weapons you have, the best QBs win. So it's MORE like real football that way.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:13 AM 06-07-2024
Always done superflex. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, and 1 QB/RB/WR/TE. And of course 1 kicker and 1 defense/ST.

It's also important to have a separate win/loss for the top half of scorers
[Reply]
kcgreene 11:14 AM 06-07-2024
I didn't understand why 2 QBs would be interesting or fun but then you realize IMMEDIATELY how important two functioning QBs and a third (fourth?) backups are.
Intriguing. Because yeah, I'm here, having never tried it, who just is wondering 'How is that interesting or fun?' and then you say you didn't understand that before playing LOL

They are instantly the most valuable position and just about every QB in the league is on our rosters. We have large rosters (and IDPs!) so it allows for it but man they are valuable.

Like it doesn't matter much what kind of weapons you have, the best QBs win. So it's MORE like real football that way.
I think the one thing that would worry me is that if QB is so overpowered in Superflex, what's the purpose of the rest of the positions, but perhaps I'm just overanalyzing it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:17 AM 06-07-2024
I am exaggerating for sure. having two quarterbacks and weapons is what all teams are striving for.

but someone offered me Tyreek Hill for Kyler Murray and I TURNED HIM DOWN
[Reply]
lcarus 11:18 AM 06-07-2024
In our superflex league we have always limited teams to 3 active QBs per roster. So nobody can hog up 5 starting QBs.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 11:19 AM 06-07-2024
We have a family league. It started as 6 teams (me, wife, 2 daughters and their husbands). It has now grown to 10 teams with the addition of the four grandkids. It is a blast! It is a PPR league with 1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 2-Flex, 1-K, and 1-D/ST. It is pretty standard scoring with extra points for fg over 50 and no deduction for misses at that distance. We discuss rule changes every off season and vote on them. It is pretty dang awesome to have the grandkids interested enough, and knowledgeable enough, to play.

They are growing up in the Mahomes era and have never tasted the bitterness of no punt games or the kicker who shall not be named. They have never heard of Herm Edwards or Scott Pioli. They dont remember offsides 55. Their first real football memory is Damian Williams running to immortality. And they all KNOW that Patrick Mahomes is the greatest player to ever play the game. I love sharing this time in Chiefs history with them. Fantasy football is a big part of that.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 AM 06-07-2024
I can legit say I've never played Standard Scoring. First league I ever did was 0.5 PPR, and I just went further to 1pt PPR. Do you like Standard because of the emphasis on RB? Or do you think PPR overvalues WRs? Just curious.
Imagine losing a championship and thousands of dollars because the opposing WR/RB caught a ball for no gain.

HPPR/PPR is fun, but I don't think you should get any points for catches in a highly competitive league with a big pot :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up