Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Grizzly Bear vs. Gorilla
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:55 PM 06-18-2024
Who wins?
[Reply]
loochy 03:25 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is the gorilla trained to use a gun? That's the only way the gorilla can pull this off. The grizzly has a massive size advantage and a massive claw advantage.

only in urban Chicago
[Reply]
Otter 03:26 PM 06-18-2024
I'm going gorilla here but it's a close one.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:27 PM 06-18-2024
There are going to be banana flavored bear turds cluttering the valley for a couple of days in that event.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:31 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Please explain this logic. The bear is bigger, heavier, sharp claws, a better set of teeth for killing, and the bear is naturally more ferocious. I don't see any way the gorilla is not absolutely destroyed by the bear in pretty short order.
Keep in mind it's only an opinion, I'm not a zoologist.

Everything you said about the bear is true, although I'm not sure about the "ferocious" part.

The gorilla (I'm assuming a 500 lb. Silverback) will be more agile and more intelligent, with physical strength like a comic book superhero with the dexterity and limbs/hands/fingers to apply that strength in many ways. I'm sure if there were a hundred bear/gorilla fights, the bear would win a fair amount, primarily with those front claws.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Keep in mind it's only an opinion, I'm not a zoologist.

Everything you said about the bear is true, although I'm not sure about the "ferocious" part.

The gorilla (I'm assuming a 500 lb. Silverback) will be more agile and more intelligent, with physical strength like a comic book superhero with the dexterity and limbs/hands/fingers to apply that strength in many ways. I'm sure if there were a hundred bear/gorilla fights, the bear would win a fair amount, primarily with those front claws.
Gorillas are actually pretty damn stupid.

As for agility - man, I don't think it matters here. This is a savage fight between wild animals; they ain't dancing around the ring here. They're gonna come out swinging.

If this fight lasts more than a couple minutes, I'd be surprised. I think the Grizzly wins this one without really breaking a sweat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:37 PM 06-18-2024
I'm gonna guess the Gorilla voters also think Bruce Lee would win in a fight vs. Mike Tyson...
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:47 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Grizzly would make quick work of the gorilla, their claws would slice through a gorilla like a hot knife through butter...

asked and answered here:

https://www.onthegofitnesspro.com/go...%20the%20bites.

and here:

Pretty much. The largest claws of any beast. Huge size advantage. More violent as well. Gorillas have freakish strength but this would be a mismatch.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:49 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm gonna guess the Gorilla voters also think Bruce Lee would win in a fight vs. Mike Tyson...
I'm pretty sure Tyson couldn't rip Bruce Lee's limbs off. I'm not so sure the same can be said about the gorilla.

The bear is heavier and has those claws. The gorilla is substantially stronger and has a higher bite force. I'd watch the pay-per-view.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 06-18-2024
I'm pretty sure Tyson couldn't rip Bruce Lee's limbs off. I'm not so sure the same can be said about the gorilla.

The bear is heavier and has those claws. The gorilla is substantially stronger and has a higher bite force. I'd watch the pay-per-view.
A gorilla is substantially stronger than a grizzly bear? Uh...nah.

And no, there's no way a gorilla is ripping a Grizzly's arm off. Damn thing could be sleeping and a gorilla couldn't pull that off.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:59 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A gorilla is substantially stronger than a grizzly bear? Uh...nah.

And no, there's no way a gorilla is ripping a Grizzly's arm off. Damn thing could be sleeping and a gorilla couldn't pull that off.
Yeah, there are many sources that say a gorilla is quite a bit stronger than a grizzly. I'm not sure how they quantify that.

Even if a gorilla couldn't rip it completely off, it could definitely break it and render it useless. I'd also bet that a gorilla could grab a handful of hide and tear it clean off. And yes, the bear could also go Freddy Krueger with those claws.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:31 PM 06-18-2024
Yeah, there are many sources that say a gorilla is quite a bit stronger than a grizzly. I'm not sure how they quantify that.

Even if a gorilla couldn't rip it completely off, it could definitely break it and render it useless. I'd also bet that a gorilla could grab a handful of hide and tear it clean off. And yes, the bear could also go Freddy Krueger with those claws.
I'm still taking the grizzly, but the BBC does indeed say that the gorilla is stronger, and by quite a bit:

https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/...s-in-the-world
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:37 PM 06-18-2024
Let's do Pit Bull vs Wolf next!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:41 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Let's do Pit Bull vs Wolf next!
Brooke Pryor vs Orca
[Reply]
RunKC 04:53 PM 06-18-2024
I think that the Gorilla is being a bit underrated here. Would still take the Grizzly but Gorilla’s are pure muscle machines that are more agile. I don’t think it would be easy for the Grizzly
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:56 PM 06-18-2024
Legit question here. What would the gorilla's kill move be? Punch the grizzly in the head? It ain't King Kong. Choke it out? Good luck with that. Bite through it's neck? No shot. Just don't see a scenario where the gorilla could win.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up