ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
Easy 6 03:35 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
or dive like that crazy old man who dug the other tunnel did...
Man... to HELL with that diving business, that old man was NUTS.

It seems like if they just did another big dye release and had divers stationed at the various places offshore, they could find the inlets and plug them up.
[Reply]
BourbonMan 03:40 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by BourbonMan:
They had mentioned that other hunters used RED dye down in the hole and it came out into the coves, seems to me, that if you did that again and had some divers in the water, they could easily find where the water is coming in.
Originally Posted by scott free:

It seems like if they just did another big dye release and had divers stationed at the various places offshore, they could find the inlets and plug them up.
Yep...that's what I said earlier.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:41 PM 01-13-2014

the old man was obsessed, :-). even admitted it himself.

and admitting it is the first step.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:43 PM 01-13-2014

How do you find the inlets for the water though? This isn't a bucket you can hold up to find the hole.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:49 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
How do you find the inlets for the water though? This isn't a bucket you can hold up to find the hole.
I think what you're asking is how do you pinpoint the openings, if you have divers offshore they should be able to get a pretty good fix on where its coming in based on where the dye is strongest.

I think thats what you're asking...
[Reply]
aturnis 04:21 PM 01-13-2014

I think it'd be very hard to do. To see the whole shore of water turn red, yes, but to see a particular spot? I'd think you'd need to be below water to see it, and as murky as the water is, I don't think you'd be able to catch it before you were immersed in it. Not without assistance anyway.

Maybe a infrared camera could detect something quickly, or backlight with some sort of solvent, or hot water and a thermal camera.

Even then, it'd be hard to stop water from getting in. I guess you could pump hydraulic cement in. But with five box drains, just cut off the main shaft. Which is likely just a trench they dug and filled with gravel covered with coconut fiber and buried.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:24 PM 01-13-2014

I'm not sure why this is so nuts.

Is it more nuts than free diving? Or scuba diving in deep ocean water? What is so nuts about it?

What he did, with that gear that was likely primitive THEN, sure, a bit nuts, but with modern means?
[Reply]
hometeam 03:12 PM 01-13-2014
sounds like a hardy boys book
[Reply]
aturnis 03:32 PM 01-13-2014
Yeah, but suppose you have to dig further. Digging underwater doesn't work so well.

Hell, if all they need is someone crazy sign me up. I'd gladly die for a share of the spoils.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:34 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Yeah, but suppose you have to dig further. Digging underwater doesn't work so well.

Hell, if all they need is someone crazy sign me up. I'd gladly die for a share of the spoils.
yeah that's true...

fuck I don't know then.
[Reply]
aturnis 03:40 PM 01-13-2014
Shut off the water.

My solution is to use the corrugated steel flood walls they used to shore up New Orleans.

They stand them up straight, have a vibrating attachment for a backhoe, or a cool vertical ranking rig, and drive them well into the ground.

Do that close to the shore, where the flood shaft would be at its shallowest depths. Boom. Pump out the shaft. Profit.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:41 PM 01-13-2014
crazy that the whole bay is man made too.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:46 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by BourbonMan:
Yep...that's what I said earlier.
My bad, I seen your post, wasnt trying to steal it as my own idea.

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
crazy that the whole bay is man made too.
Yeah, I mean c'mon... something is weird about the whole damn thing, theres gotta be something down there, something crazy important.
[Reply]
BourbonMan 03:50 PM 01-13-2014
My bad, I seen your post, wasnt trying to steal it as my own idea.
It's cool...I was just agreeing with you.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:57 PM 01-13-2014
http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/whoi.shtml
[Reply]
Page 2 of 25
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up