ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Windows 11
BleedingRed 06:14 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
* You couldn't pay me enough to support end users. I did it for 3 years after college and I'm still surprised to this day I didn't strangle someone or get fired.

* I'm pretty sure it's possible to limit the amount of memory Chrome or pretty much any browser can use with a little tinkering. It might be adding a user flag to the call in properties > Target

Ex: C:\Users\nip\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe --disk-cache-size-35000000

That's obviously not memory but what it would look like.

* I could have sworn I read somewhere that Win 10 would be the last roll out and MS would be updating long time.

Lucky for me I don’t support them, but I do run a MSP. That being said when you go out in the market there are so many legacy systems, I wonder what shit Windows 11 will break.
[Reply]
Otter 07:11 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Lucky for me I don’t support them, but I do run a MSP. That being said when you go out in the market there are so many legacy systems, I wonder what shit Windows 11 will break.
Consider yourself blessed.
[Reply]
eDave 10:34 PM 06-15-2021
...... did the center the

Jesus Christ, working in IT this will be a cluster fuck with end user complaints
Not sure this upgrade is really worth corporate upgrades. As far as I can tell at this point. At least until MS drops support for 10.

Regardless, a good rollout should limit the user complaints.. Those complaint service desk calls go into the trash anyway.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:20 PM 06-16-2021
...... did the center the

Jesus Christ, working in IT this will be a cluster fuck with end user complaints
Ditto! After they finally learn Windows 10 now this! :-)
[Reply]
eDave 07:25 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ditto! After they finally learn Windows 10 now this! :-)
I gotta assume you can move the start button, as you can now in 10.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:39 AM 06-16-2021
Oh god, make it stop...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:18 AM 06-16-2021
https://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-e...ign=socialflow
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:54 AM 06-16-2021
jesus fuck no

windows 10 still has issues sometimes for fuck's sake...constant updates it seems

we do not need windows 11 for at least a couple years
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:22 AM 06-16-2021
Windows Update is the single biggest problem with Windows. If updates were better, supporting Windows would be SO much easier. I'd say 80% of issues are caused by updates.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:29 AM 06-16-2021
WTF? I thought Windows 10 was the "last" windows system. Basically, WIndows would now be called...Windows, no more new versions, just updates.

Oy. Well, we'll be staying with Win10 until the NEXT one (Windows 12?) comes out. It seems Windows sucks every other version. I liked NT, ME was shit, XP was good, Vista sucked, Win7 was good, Win8 sucked, and I actually like Win10.

I have 12 years to retirement...
[Reply]
eDave 10:32 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
WTF? I thought Windows 10 was the "last" windows system. Basically, WIndows would now be called...Windows, no more new versions, just updates.

Oy. Well, we'll be staying with Win10 until the NEXT one (Windows 12?) comes out. It seems Windows sucks every other version. I liked NT, ME was shit, XP was good, Vista sucked, Win7 was good, Win8 sucked, and I actually like Win10.

I have 12 years to retirement...
Yup. N-1 is industry practice.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:32 PM 06-16-2021
I'm so not looking forward to W11, usually every other windows is ok but the in betweens are garbage.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:43 PM 06-16-2021
There are some major differences for sure, but I have trouble getting too worked up about it. Everyone threw a fit when they dumped the start menu in Windows 8, but these days I barely use it. Moving the icons to the middle is definitely very Mac-like, but I'm sure the point is to reduce the amount of mouse movement, and people will get used to that pretty quickly.

Just in general, though, it's hard to care that much anymore. For most people, your web browser has far more to do with your day-to-day computing experience than your OS does.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:59 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There are some major differences for sure, but I have trouble getting too worked up about it. Everyone threw a fit when they dumped the start menu in Windows 8, but these days I barely use it. Moving the icons to the middle is definitely very Mac-like, but I'm sure the point is to reduce the amount of mouse movement, and people will get used to that pretty quickly.

Just in general, though, it's hard to care that much anymore. For most people, your web browser has far more to do with your day-to-day computing experience than your OS does.
I still use my windows like windows 98. I use My Computer which gets more hidden with every version of windows. I definitely use the start menu and windows 10 did a great thing with it allowing the search function.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:05 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Sure, but some of us are on our computers 40+ hours a week for work and not talking a web browser. Changes to the OS can make a difference so we will whine about it thank you very much.

:-)

And I too remember Microsoft's claim about Windows 10 being the last one.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up