ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>McDonalds Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel is back in the KC area!
Mephistopheles Janx 08:22 AM 06-21-2024
For YEARS it was a tradition to stop at the McDonalds at the Matfield Green Service Area on the way up to a Chiefs game because they were the only McDonalds left that still served the Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel breakfast sammich.

Then fucking Hardees took over the building. My favorite breakfast sammich was gone. It has been almost a decade since I've had it. I wasn't the only one missing it... and McD's finally responded to the demand. First they re-released it on the coasts and it slowly made its way inward.

People who know my love of this sammich sent me a link to a FB group that kept track of where they were being re-released and news finally hit that it was coming back into KC. This morning I had to drive 30 minutes off the farm to take the barn cat to the vet (peeing blood) and decided to take a look at the McD's app on a whim to see if the Excelsior Springs location happened to have it.

THEY DID.

I would post an image of the breakfast but they were rapidly consumed so instead I will leave you with the knowledge that they are back and money saving tip that the McD's app has a buy one get one free option.

[Reply]
srvy 12:32 PM 06-21-2024
Never knew this ever existed. I will try maybe tomorrow morning.
[Reply]
kcgreene 12:35 PM 06-21-2024
Haven't tried it and probably only get McDs a handful of times a year anymore, but if it's BOGO on the app, I'll give it a shot.
[Reply]
Donger 12:53 PM 06-21-2024
Is it Wagyu?
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 01:07 PM 06-21-2024
what are the macros on that bitch
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:28 PM 06-21-2024
You mean "steak"
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:28 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Donger:
Is it Wagyu?
I'd say a poverty steakum
[Reply]
George Liquor 01:34 PM 06-21-2024
Got one by accident once. The sauce they put on it wasn't very good.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:59 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
Got one by accident once. The sauce they put on it wasn't very good.
Did it taste like cum
[Reply]
George Liquor 03:14 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Did it taste like cum
Ask billay
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:15 PM 06-21-2024
I used to eat them on occasion, and did enjoy them. The last time I had one, right before they took them off the menu, it was a grease bomb, and I couldn't finish it. I haven't been to McDonald's since. Not specifically because of the sandwich, just because I decided to not eat fast food in general anymore.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:24 PM 06-21-2024
The steak bagel is indeed excellent, its right up there with Sonics super burrito IMO... yeah the steak is random pieces glued together with food grade gunk but I just don't care, it still tastes like steak
[Reply]
tarheel23 04:04 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It's well worth it. You will not find a higher quality breakfast sandwich in the fast food market.

I am not a fast food guy by any stretch, I eat it rarely, but the steak, egg and cheese (and bacon, egg and cheese to a lesser extent) bagels at McD's are an anomaly. They are truly top notch.
I would say Wendy's Breakfast Baconator is the top breakfast sandwich.
[Reply]
threebag 04:43 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by tarheel23:
I would say Wendy's Breakfast Baconator is the top breakfast sandwich.
The honey butter chicken biscuit or the Maple Bacon Chicken croissants are the only way. Anything less you’re just cheating yourself.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:54 PM 06-21-2024
Doc says I can't eat bagles any more. Too many carbs. But when these were out before I always thought they were good. Sometimes the "steak" was a little grisly and chewy, but usually a good sandwich. Actually a better one used to be a Steak n Shake. You could get a steakburger, egg and cheese on a bagel, and that sandwich was outstanding too. Now I usually go to a little place called the Connect Cafe at 8th and Armstrong in downtown KCK. Great people, great breakfast, reasonable prices.
[Reply]
4th and Long 05:47 PM 06-21-2024
I make my own McMuffin knockoffs every morning at work. They taste just as good as McDonalds and they are far less expensive. Also, the only disgruntled employee I have to worry about spitting on my food is me.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up