ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Zay Jones scheduled to visit the Chiefs on Thursday [signed with Arizona]
wazu 07:56 PM 05-08-2024

Former Jaguars WR Zay Jones is scheduled to visit Thursday with the Kansas City Chiefs, per league sources.

After Jacksonville released him last week, Jones has visited the Titans, Cardinals and Cowboys - with the Chiefs on deck. pic.twitter.com/thxVqQOvL8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 9, 2024

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:21 PM 05-08-2024
"Jones had 158 receptions for 1,746 yards and eight touchdowns in the 2016 season. In this NFL Draft class there is no better receiver in terms of yards after the catch. As a freshman he caught 63 passes. As a sophomore he had 81 receptions and as a junior he hauled in 98 receptions.

The Pirates QB position has been a revolving door over the past 3 seasons, with 6 QB’s logging starts at one point or another. Zay Jones didn’t let it affect his play, as he produces with all of them. His ability to get open on short and intermediate routes make him a reliable safety net for anyone behind center.

The most important thing to note about his game is that he doesn’t drop balls. I counted one single clean drop out of all the games I watched. He also has experience running a variety of routes well. Screens, reverses and slants made up the majority of his route tree, making him a good fit for a West Coast offense."

Ok, sounds like a perfect Rice replacement until he returns.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:22 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Jones had 158 receptions for 1,746 yards and eight touchdowns in the 2016 season. In this NFL Draft class there is no better receiver in terms of yards after the catch. As a freshman he caught 63 passes. As a sophomore he had 81 receptions and as a junior he hauled in 98 receptions.

The Pirates QB position has been a revolving door over the past 3 seasons, with 6 QB’s logging starts at one point or another. Zay Jones didn’t let it affect his play, as he produces with all of them. His ability to get open on short and intermediate routes make him a reliable safety net for anyone behind center.

The most important thing to note about his game is that he doesn’t drop balls. I counted one single clean drop out of all the games I watched. He also has experience running a variety of routes well. Screens, reverses and slants made up the majority of his route tree, making him a good fit for a West Coast offense.

Ok, sounds like a perfect Rice replacement until he returns.

Pirates? Is this guy a pitcher or a catcher? err, receiver, I mean . . .
[Reply]
Dark Horse 08:23 PM 05-08-2024
I picture Veach as a Wild West gunslinger strutting up and kicking in the saloon door and shouting I’m looking for the dead son of a bitch that shot my brother.

Of course since his powder got wet in a downpour the night before he stopped at the local general store and bought some new ammo
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:29 PM 05-08-2024
He got a pretty big contract a couple of years back, I believe.

I think he caught that corner touchdown deepball from Nick Foles on the play where Foles got injured against us. It was a nice throw. We kicked the Jags ass pretty good that game
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:32 PM 05-08-2024
We need to raise the floor of the room without Rice. Zay Jones gives us that. End of story.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:33 PM 05-08-2024
So... why hasn't he produced more in the league so far?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 PM 05-08-2024
Zay is a no brainer. He needs a rehab year if he wants a big deal. Doesn’t come without risk, but Andy knows how to keep a team on track.

Need to sign him tomorrow.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:36 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
He got a pretty big contract a couple of years back, I believe.

I think he caught that corner touchdown deepball from Nick Foles on the play where Foles got injured against us. It was a nice throw. We kicked the Jags ass pretty good that game

His NFL.com scouting report says that while he struggles to create sep at the top of his routes, he catches with his hands, snatches the ball out of the air, and plays very physically at the catchpoint. All traits that could be very useful to our offense, especially if Rice doesn't play for more than a couple games.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 08:39 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Zay is a no brainer. He needs a rehab year if he wants a big deal. Doesn’t come without risk, but Andy knows how to keep a team on track.

Need to sign him tomorrow.
A no brainer to replace our "no brainer."
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:39 PM 05-08-2024
Trevor was night and day better with Zay than without him. It would be a solid move with or without rice.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:40 PM 05-08-2024
Not that it's saying much but Jones Brown Worthy is better than Rice and whatever trash we started last year
[Reply]
staylor26 08:43 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not that it's saying much but Jones Brown Worthy is better than Rice and whatever trash we started last year
The room is already much better without Zay, so that would just be the cherry on top.
[Reply]
Dark Horse 08:53 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The room is already much better without Zay, so that would just be the cherry on top.
And when Rice returns quite possibly the best group Mahomes has had
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
A no brainer to replace our "no brainer."
Exactly!:-)
[Reply]
Fishels 08:55 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We need to raise the floor of the room without Rice. Zay Jones gives us that. End of story.
100% agreed
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up