ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 199 of 319
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Give me a guarantee that he remains healthy and I'd consider it.

Hell, give me a guarantee that Sammy stays healthy and I say bring him back.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Green at the X? Sure. If he’s cheap and you also have a backup plan not named Hardman and Pringle.
Here’s the thing, we’re paying a shitload for our key guys. I’d love to have a high end dude at the x, but we need to allocate funds a certain way. These are the types of moves you can get value out of.

There’s certainly risk due to his injury history, but it just kind of is what it is
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Do not want a 33 yr old washed-up receiver
Wouldn’t be my first choice, but that’s probably the free agent waters they need to swim in at wr.

I don’t wanna pay a lot for a dude to be a decoy like they did with Watkins.

Either go this route or go with a draft pick
[Reply]
kccrow 10:24 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Here’s the thing, we’re paying a shitload for our key guys. I’d love to have a high end dude at the x, but we need to allocate funds a certain way. These are the types of moves you can get value out of.

There’s certainly risk due to his injury history, but it just kind of is what it is
You should be able to get at least the same type of production out of a Rashard Higgins who's 26 and has upside as you would Green at this stage of his career and probably for half the price.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 03-14-2021
You should be able to get at least the same type of production out of a Rashard Higgins who's 26 and has upside as you would Green at this stage of his career and probably for half the price.
Again, I’m not really advocating for it, but wouldn’t hate it depending on cost.

I’d rather have Higgins but no clue what he’ll get money wise
[Reply]
kccrow 10:45 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Again, I’m not really advocating for it, but wouldn’t hate it depending on cost.

I’d rather have Higgins but no clue what he’ll get money wise
Understandable.

If I'm a guessing man, I'd put Higgins in that range of Jakeem Grant, Mike Williams, Willie Sneed, Danny Amendola, Cordarelle Patterson, Marquise Goodwin, and Brashad Perriman which is 5-6.5 per.

I'd be really quite good with a 3 for 18-20 deal for him. If it gets beyond 20, I'm not sure if the value is there but I don't think it will be significantly less.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:46 AM 03-14-2021
OvertheCap has the Chiefs at $12 mil under the CAP. Is this with the presumed Mahomes restructure taken into account?
[Reply]
Coogs 10:54 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
OvertheCap has the Chiefs at $12 mil under the CAP. Is this with the presumed Mahomes restructure taken into account?
Yes. That should be pretty close too, as Mahomes saved us 17 million, and we were close to 5 over before his restructure.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:03 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'd feel like we were settling for him, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Well, we will be "settling" for a few players with the cap situation. It is about what positions those players are at.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:23 AM 03-14-2021
Understandable.

If I'm a guessing man, I'd put Higgins in that range of Jakeem Grant, Mike Williams, Willie Sneed, Danny Amendola, Cordarelle Patterson, Marquise Goodwin, and Brashad Perriman which is 5-6.5 per.

I'd be really quite good with a 3 for 18-20 deal for him. If it gets beyond 20, I'm not sure if the value is there but I don't think it will be significantly less.
Don't forget that the Chiefs signed Antonio Callaway, too. The guy is a legit 4.41 and had 5 TD's and nearly 600 yards his rookie season before his personal life fell apart.

Clearly, there are no guarantees that he'll be 100% focused on football but if so, the Chiefs could really do some damage with Hill, Kelce, CEH, Damien Williams, Hardman and Callaway.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:31 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
With 7 mil allocated to rookies, Veach as he currently stands only has 5 mil to play with and everyone is assuming we will tender Ward so that’s another 4.3 mil gone. Veach will have 700K to play with
[Reply]
BossChief 11:33 AM 03-14-2021
This is an amazing WR draft. Tons of talent will be available early snd often.

I won’t be shocked if they don’t sign a WR except from the vet bargain bin.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:38 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
With 7 mil allocated to rookies, Veach as he currently stands only has 5 mil to play with and everyone is assuming we will tender Ward so that’s another 4.3 mil gone. Veach will have 700K to play with
Yeah sure, but that doesn’t matter until the draft and we have a ton of other moves that can be made to add cap space if necessary.

Y’all should have figured this out after last year...
[Reply]
BossChief 11:39 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe Veach wants to see what it would take for Trent Williams and Dillard is his backup plan if it’s too much.
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This has been explained -in detail- to you from every possible angle.

Just do us all a favor and stay a virgin your whole life so there’s no chance...
[Reply]
RunKC 11:39 AM 03-14-2021
Still thinking that spending some coin on DE this month would be a very good move. The draft is not very good at pass rusher this year but FA is a loaded market there.

Buyers market boys.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:44 AM 03-14-2021
Trent Williams probably has a 50% at best shot of being available if this is true

#49ers are closing in this evening on OT Trent Williams per @NBCSports https://t.co/GTnfVs7bh2

— NFL Rumors (@nflrums) March 13, 2021

[Reply]
Page 199 of 319
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249299 > Last »
Up