ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 297
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:28 AM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Naw, it's cool. Text is the way to do things these days.
It's so true.

Originally Posted by :
Mom, I'll b L8 4 dinner. GTG 2 a meeting 4 work. Also, I'm gay. C u in a bit
Originally Posted by :
PLS PICK UP MILK! We R out! & I'm preg fyi.
Originally Posted by :
U have cancer. Call me next week - doc.

[Reply]
Los Pollos Hermanos 10:47 AM 07-28-2010
This is on the front page of yahoo.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-258719

Not that many Tennessee fans were still holding out hope for Bryce Brown's return after the former blue-chip recruiting coup abruptly left the team before the start of spring practice. But for those few still holding out hope that Brown's continued presence on campus would lead to a moment of epiphany with a full choir singing hosannas to ol' Rocky Top inside his confused, 19-year-old head, Tuesday was the day the music died:
Running back Bryce Brown has left the University of Tennessee without leaving any closure behind.
"Bryce left town without a face-to-face request (with UT coach Derek Dooley) for a transfer," a school official told the News Sentinel on Tuesday evening. "There's still no news on where he wants to go."
[...]
"I said (earlier) that I was open to Bryce coming back on the condition that he wanted to unpack his bags and put his heart into this program," Dooley said. "I fully expect Bryce not to be on our team.
"The reason it has continued on is because Bryce has not come to me, looked me in the eye and said I want a release to so-and-so school. At some point, that's got to happen."
It has to be said that skipping town with only a text message in your wake is a very Bryce Brown thing to do. Whatever was playing in his head, it never seemed to be "Rocky Top": Besides the hype that inevitably comes being the No. 1-ranked prospect in the nation, the story of his recruitment last year was always less about where he wanted to go to school than the sheer weirdness of his personal situation. He is the only five-star recruit from Kansas who went on fasts, delayed his decision until months after signing day despite finishing high school early enough to have been a spring enrollee and agreed to be fronted by an obese former rapper who at one point considered sending Brown straight to the CFL without going to college at all. (Turns out the money north of the border wasn't good enough.) His arrival in Knoxville last August was accompanied by a recruiting probe that put his eligibility at risk less than a week into practices. And because he had no personal presence whatsoever in the media (other than a press conference to announce his signing with UT, I'm not aware that Brown has given an interview or made a public statement of any variety in the last two years), there is no solid evidence that he ever really wanted to be at Tennessee or anywhere else.
Without anyone explicitly saying so, it's a good bet that Brown never wanted to leave Kansas in the first place. His older brother, Arthur, followed a similar trajectory, shipping out for two unremarkable seasons in Miami before transferring home to Kansas State in March. Bryce is likely to follow that prodigal path, if he can find the initiative and/or nerve to actually secure his release from Tennessee.
At least there's no mistaking the enthusiasm of Tauren Poole, the Vols' new, unquestioned starter at tailback in Brown's absence:
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:31 PM 07-28-2010
Depending upon how things go, BB might be walking on to KSU (and red-shirting) this year, thus, not needing a release from UTenn. He then would be full eligible for a scholarship at KSU in 2011. Just sayin that could happen..............:-)
[Reply]
Dante84 05:54 PM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Depending upon how things go, BB might be walking on to KSU (and red-shirting) this year, thus, not needing a release from UTenn. He then would be full eligible for a scholarship at KSU in 2011. Just sayin that could happen..............:-)
Why red shirt? Why not split time with DThomas? We would have such a gross rushing attack...

Also, again.... i thought you were given an auto release option with no penalty if your coach leaves???
[Reply]
Coach 04:54 AM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Why red shirt? Why not split time with DThomas? We would have such a gross rushing attack...

Also, again.... i thought you were given an auto release option with no penalty if your coach leaves???
When you transfer or move from a Division I school to another Division I school, the NCAA rules states that a transfer has to sit out one year.

If he were to transfer to a Division II or lower, then sitting out is not required.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:33 AM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
When you transfer or move from a Division I school to another Division I school, the NCAA rules states that a transfer has to sit out one year.

If he were to transfer to a Division II or lower, then sitting out is not required.
Right, however I was under the impression that this rule (D1-D1 transfer) was waived when the player's recruiting head coach, or head coach in general, leaves/quits/gets fired/retires ?

Is that wrong?
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:56 AM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Right, however I was under the impression that this rule (D1-D1 transfer) was waived when the player's recruiting head coach, or head coach in general, leaves/quits/gets fired/retires ?

Is that wrong?
That is generally just with incoming recruits, and there is no "rule" mandating that a new incoming coach grant a release to the recruit.

BB doesn't need to get a release to play at KSU. He can not be a scholarshipped player this year, but he can walk on at the in-state tuition rate - which is no biggie for one year. This is what I expect to happen. We shall see.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:00 AM 07-29-2010
Cool, thank you.
[Reply]
Coach 08:21 AM 07-29-2010
That is generally just with incoming recruits, and there is no "rule" mandating that a new incoming coach grant a release to the recruit.

BB doesn't need to get a release to play at KSU. He can not be a scholarshipped player this year, but he can walk on at the in-state tuition rate - which is no biggie for one year. This is what I expect to happen. We shall see.
Can he not go to a JUCO route just for academics and not waste an year of eligibility in athletics, if the cost may be too high for him to enroll in Kansas State?

Just curious what are the rules if that were to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:37 AM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
Can he not go to a JUCO route just for academics and not waste an year of eligibility in athletics, if the cost may be too high for him to enroll in Kansas State?

Just curious what are the rules if that were to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sure, but his eligibility clock ticks no matter where he is at. He'd essentially be redshirting at a Juco vs KSU. So, it makes more sense to just walk on at KSU, be a part of the team as a redshirt, and play in '11.
[Reply]
Coach 09:16 AM 07-29-2010
Sure, but his eligibility clock ticks no matter where he is at. He'd essentially be redshirting at a Juco vs KSU. So, it makes more sense to just walk on at KSU, be a part of the team as a redshirt, and play in '11.
Valid point.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hawkchief 12:42 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
So Huggs was "Morningstarred" drunk?
Geez, why so sensitive about Thuggs? Dude didn't even finish his cup of coffee before he raced out of Mancrappin after 9 months, to greener pastures in Morgantown, WV.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:44 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
Geez, why so sensitive about Thuggs? Dude didn't even finish his cup of coffee before he raced out of Mancrappin after 9 months, to greener pastures in Morgantown, WV.
UNI.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:08 PM 07-30-2010
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5424622
[Reply]
kstater 07:21 PM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5424622
I really don't see the point in not releasing someone that won't be there. Except if like bad PR.
[Reply]
Page 198 of 297
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248 > Last »
Up