ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 244
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Bills take the AFC this seasom
JustDíqLix 05:53 PM 08-21-2023
Are you ready for some football!?

I know I am!

With that, I am here to make a proclamation!

The mighty Bills from Buffalo will take the AFC this year.

For two decades I watched people say the Patriots window was closed, that their time was dwindling, that it was all over… seemingly every time those predictions happened, the Patriots went and won another Super Bowl.

A lot of doom talk simply because we lost to the Bengals in the playoffs. Let us not forget that the Bills watched their brother DIE on the field just a few weeks prior. Their heart was simply not in it. If it had been, the Bills would have captured the AFC last year.

The Bills have won 2 of their last 3 in Arrowhead and they’re ready to make it 3 of the last 4.

Let’s go mighty Buffalo Bills! 🦬 🦬 🦬
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:09 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Stroud had a historically good rookie season in statistical categories such as TD/INT ratio and Houston has a lot of salary cap room to upgrade their roster this offseason.

Of course the Chiefs shouldn’t feel threatened by the Texans, but teams in the category below should be concerned.
Patrick didn't play in his first year and then won MVP in his second. He also very nearly led the Chiefs to the Super Bowl in that second year. When Patriots fans were dismissive of Patrick it offended us and I'm sure it offended Patrick. We should take Stroud seriously until he shows us he's not up to the challenge.
[Reply]
Calcountry 06:10 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by JustDíqLix:

I know I am!

For two decades I watched people say the Patriots window was closed, that their time was dwindling, that it was all over… seemingly every time those predictions happened, the Patriots went and won another Super Bowl.

A lot of doom talk simply because we lost to the Bengals in the playoffs. Let us not forget that the Bills watched their brother DIE on the field just a few weeks prior. Their heart was simply not in it. If it had been, the Bills would have captured the AFC last year.

The Bills have won 2 of their last 3 in Arrowhead and they’re ready to make it 3 of the last 4.

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:11 PM 02-15-2024
We have to unban DiqLix so we can do this all over again.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:14 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Patrick didn't play in his first year and then won MVP in his second. He also very nearly led the Chiefs to the Super Bowl in that second year. When Patriots fans were dismissive of Patrick it offended us and I'm sure it offended Patrick. We should take Stroud seriously until he shows us he's not up to the challenge.
Mahomes took Belichick & Brady to the brink. They were damn lucky to win that game thanks to Dee Ford and the previous overtime rules. CJ Stroud got blown out by a known Playoff choker team in Baltimore.

But I think Houston’s future is very bright with Stroud. The dude will only be 23 years old at the end of the 2024 season. When you think about everything Mahomes did from age 23 to age 28, there’s a lot of potential for Stroud to accomplish similar things.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:14 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Can somebody PLEASE explain to me why folks are so ****ing scared of CJ Stroud and the Texans?
Because rookie QBs don’t look like that very often. Stroud is gonna be a challenge in the long term.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:17 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Bengals are done. Their defense took a big step back and there's no replacements coming.
Riiiiiight.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...f72ef7c3&ei=25

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:20 PM 02-16-2024
Mahomes has better 2024 MVP odds than Josh. IT'S AN OUTRAGE!!!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:22 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Riiiiiight.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...f72ef7c3&ei=25

Will the team be addressing left tackle or will you allow defenders to pressure Joe willy nilly all year again?
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:51 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Will the team be addressing left tackle or will you allow defenders to pressure Joe willy nilly all year again?
Based on his contract, i'd say they're going willy nilly this year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:57 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Based on his contract, i'd say they're going willy nilly this year.
i was just thinking i'd like the south park scene with george lucas and steven spielberg pinning down harrison ford and molesting him to be recreated with joe montana, patrick mahomes and a bengal tiger
[Reply]
Lzen 02:18 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by JustDíqLix:

I know I am!

:-) Talk about delusional. Comparing the current Bills with those Patriots teams that won multiple SBs? GTFO!
[Reply]
Lzen 02:20 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Because rookie QBs don’t look like that very often. Stroud is gonna be a challenge in the long term.
I think Stroud is amazing. But let's not act like an up and comer has never fallen flat on his face once NFL defensive coordinators got a handle on his tendencies.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:38 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
:-) Talk about delusional. Comparing the current Bills with those Patriots teams that won multiple SBs? GTFO!
He thought the Bills were "historically great".

:-)

The only history we saw this year was another Buffalo season ending with "Wide Right".
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:26 PM 02-16-2024
Yeah, I think their ceiling is Peyton Manning Colts teams that struggled so mightily to get past the Patriots. At least they better hope that is their ceiling. They might be the Dan Marino Dolphins without even getting the early Super Bowl.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:34 PM 02-16-2024
I think Stroud is amazing. But let's not act like an up and comer has never fallen flat on his face once NFL defensive coordinators got a handle on his tendencies.
This plus they have a gap they need to close to be a contender.

Having cap space helps, but they’ll need to continue to draft well and hit in free agency. They were completely outclassed by the Ravens.

I think we sometimes forget how fortunate we were with Mahomes.

Not only was he ready to play, but he had a HOF Head Coach and plenty of talent around him. Year 2 as a starter just needed an improved defense, and we had Veach/Spags to fix that.

We’ll see if Stroud continues to be big time AND if he gets the organizational support needed to contend.
[Reply]
Page 196 of 244
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206 > Last »
Up