ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 240
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:43 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I would've gone for the 4th and 2. If you were to ask the Titans what they hoped for on that down, 100% they would've wanted us to kick the FG there. Don't do what the opponent wants you to do. Decent rule of thumb.

I feel the same way when a team gets a TD and the extra point puts you up by 8. I'd go for 2 and make it a 9 point game. The reward outweighs the risk. You'd think it would be common sense but I guess for a coach that burns a ****ing timeout on the opponents 2 point conversion after they went ahead.....
1st of all, it was't a 4th and 2, it was a 4th and 6 after the Mahomes slide. 2nd, the above is the stupidest decision a coach can make and definitely not a Decent rule of thumb...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:47 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
1st of all, it was't a 4th and 2, it was a 4th and 6 after the Mahomes slide. 2nd, the above is the stupidest decision a coach can make and definitely not a Decent rule of thumb...
In this scenario, Reid calls something better than a fucking TE screen to Blake Fucking Bell. Which was actually the stupidest decision a coach could make, given the options available.

Pay the fuck attention.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:56 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep, the defense GOT THE STOP THAT SHOULD HAVE ENDED THE GAME. The Chiefs were set up inside the 40 of the Titans. Got the thing to 3RD AND TWO AT THE TITANS 24 YARD LINE with a little over a minute and a half to go and the Titans only having one TO. The rest is history...

The Chiefs likely overcome ALL of it though if they simply RUN THE BALL ON 3rd AND TWO. The biggest problem yesterday was Reid's play call in that situation. It was a season wrecker. It was THAT huge of a **** up. :-)

Oh, and then there's the TO called AFTER the Titans 2 pt. conversion. Would have been nice had the Chiefs had 1 more time out on that ill fated last drive.

Vrabel and Reid were two polar opposites with the game on the line. Vrabel did NOT uses his last TO on the Titans last drive, because he KNEW enough to not leave the Chiefs any extra time. Reid used one after a conversion. Just wow...
Vrabel straight put clown shoes on Reid.

Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I just woke up and dreamt that we called a timeout on a two point conversion play. Could you imagine?
Fuck Andy Reid.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:57 AM 11-11-2019
Just awful play calling 3:30 left in game CHIEFS HAD THE BALL AT TENNESSEE 21 2-8 they throw 3-8 they throw. If they run the ball any of those downs Tennessee has to use a timeout and chiefs most likely win
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:24 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Just awful play calling 3:30 left in game CHIEFS HAD THE BALL AT TENNESSEE 21 2-8 they throw 3-8 they throw. If they run the ball any of those downs Tennessee has to use a timeout and chiefs most likely win
Yeah, he's not even a good play caller, he just designs good plays and knows how to exploit mismatches.

He'd be a great OC that doesn't actually call plays, like Eric Beiniemy.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:27 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So much all of this.

God. That timeout was worth another play, 5 yards closer would have made the possibility of the final FG attempt...nah, what the hell am I saying - we would've lost in OT anyway. I knew we were going to lose at halftime. I felt it. Like, a premonition Z "I've seen this game before. We've dominated a lesser team, and we're tied with them. It's Full ReidTard"

And then that 2nd half happened.
The timeout was so goddamn inexplicable...how on earth were they not prepared for a 2 pt. conversion?

Anyone with even just the basic comprehension of football knows they were going to go for 2....
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
I don’t get it. Andy was humble 2 years ago and gave playcalling duties to Nagy when things weren’t working.

Why can’t he give late game decisions to Bienemy or Kafka or let both do it?

Is he too prideful?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:01 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t get it. Andy was humble 2 years ago and gave playcalling duties to Nagy when things weren’t working.

Is he too prideful?
Why not let Mahomes call the plays? He called the play that iced the game against the Ravens when Andy tried to give that game away.

I literally would trust him more to call plays in the last five minutes then I would Andy.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:01 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Is he too prideful?
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:15 AM 11-11-2019
Andy Reid frustrates the hell out of me. Been saying it for the beginning. But before we go to extremes the reality check is that we have a very tiny % chance of doing any better than Reid with a very big % chance of getting worse. A lot worse.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:16 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Why not let Mahomes call the plays? He called the play that iced the game against the Ravens when Andy tried to give that game away.

I literally would trust him more to call plays in the last five minutes then I would Andy.
This.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:20 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

You don't think Mahomes either advocated or agreed with the play call during the timeout? :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:11 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You don't think Mahomes either advocated or agreed with the play call during the timeout? :-)
You're making assumptions. :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:15 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
You're making assumptions. :-)
and you're not? Which is more reasonable, Reid ask Mahomes what he thinks of the play or what he thinks would work? OR Reid says to Mahomes, this si what we are running and gets no feedback?

One is a much more logical assumption...
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Andy Reid frustrates the hell out of me. Been saying it for the beginning. But before we go to extremes the reality check is that we have a very tiny % chance of doing any better than Reid with a very big % chance of getting worse. A lot worse.
Yea but he's Marty, he's Mike Dantoni, lots of wins, lots of appearances, no championships.
[Reply]
Page 196 of 240
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206 > Last »
Up