Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
rfaulk34 06:01 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Hot take: Joey Luck is a big part of the protection problems
That's not a hot take. He is, because he's willing to take sacks and he's not as hard to bring down as guys like Mahomes, Hurts and Allen.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:22 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I've never viewed Tee as an elite WR. At the time, and now, i'd prefer the one elite weapon over 1 blocker. At the time, their line was so much further away than it is now, adding one guy, even as talented as Sewell is, wasn't going to help them all that much and certainly not as much as Chase would/did, instantly.
I get it, but a cornerstone LT protecting his blindside is of far more value than an elite WR. If Burrow is as good as believed then he should (and eventually will) be able to succeed with lesser talent at the skill positions. He can’t do anything on IR regardless of who his WRs are. Protecting the Franchise QB should be priority #1. KC learned that in SB 55 as Mahomes ran for his life all game despite having two future HOF pass catchers and a HOF HC.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 07:46 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I get it, but a cornerstone LT protecting his blindside is of far more value than an elite WR. If Burrow is as good as believed then he should (and eventually will) be able to succeed with lesser talent at the skill positions. He can’t do anything on IR regardless of who his WRs are. Protecting the Franchise QB should be priority #1. KC learned that in SB 55 as Mahomes ran for his life all game despite having two future HOF pass catchers and a HOF HC.
I agree with that 100% but their thoughts were that Willliams was only in his 2nd full year and they weren't going to move him to the right side then.

The problem is, they did (and may still) be thinking backwards; that Burrow can cover up the Oline deficiencies, with the the number of recievers they have.

They bank to much on potential and not enough on what's known and the "right way" to do it.

I was on board with taking Chase but i still don't like thier model. It's proven to bite them in the ass the last 3 seasons. One day they need to realize they have to build a wall and go from there. Also, they're way too loyal to some of thier guys *looking at Mixon and Tee*.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 PM 11-28-2023
I agree with that 100% but their thoughts were that Willliams was only in his 2nd full year and they weren't going to move him to the right side then.

The problem is, they did (and may still) be thinking backwards; that Burrow can cover up the Oline deficiencies, especially if they the number of recievers they do.

They bank to much on potential and not enough on what's known and the "right way" to do it.

I was on board with taking Chase but i still don't like thier model. It's proven to bite them in the ass the last 3 seasons. One day they need to realize they have to build a wall and go from there. Also, they're way too loyal to some of thier guys *looking at Mixon and Tee*.
yeah, Burrow is on the Andrew Luck path right now. That's no bueno.

I think he's the clear QB#2, but you've got to keep him upright. You're not going anywhere until you build the wall.
[Reply]
notorious 07:52 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Hot take: Joey Luck is a big part of the protection problems
Higgins, Chase, Boyd.

The Joey Luck Club
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:16 PM 11-28-2023
Said it before. Chase is going to break the bank. Higgins and Boyd are gone. Paying all three would destroy the team and Joe would need to score 50 a game if he can stay upright.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:25 PM 11-28-2023

[Reply]
JPH83 02:25 AM 11-29-2023

The problem is, they did (and may still) be thinking backwards; that Burrow can cover up the Oline deficiencies, with the the number of recievers they have.

Building the wall is definitely the first step, but you'll then likely have to see how Burrows fares without elite WRs he played with in college. I think he's good enough to elevate WR talent, you can see that in the periods Chase has been injured, but it's still an unknown.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:19 AM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I've got two of the Chiefs' limited edition ones. I'll give one to my brother.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:23 AM 11-29-2023
Is that a skyline chili flavored whiskey?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:13 AM 11-29-2023
Whiskey wise, the Evan Williams in the background is better...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:14 AM 11-29-2023
The destruction of Glass Joes Bengals will begin this March.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:12 AM 11-29-2023

dude in the pic has a weird thumb ring... of course.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:13 AM 11-29-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Building the wall is definitely the first step, but you'll then likely have to see how Burrows fares without elite WRs he played with in college. I think he's good enough to elevate WR talent, you can see that in the periods Chase has been injured, but it's still an unknown.
I've seen enough of Burrow to know he'll be ok without elite WRs. He'll use what he's given effectively.
[Reply]
O.city 10:16 AM 11-29-2023
You can get good OL in the late first.

You can't get Jamar Chase's there.

That was an easy choice. The issue is that building the OL just hasn't worked out and he holds the ball.
[Reply]
Page 195 of 270
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245 > Last »
Up