ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 195 of 333
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:05 AM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Maikel Garcia was as recently as last year listed at 6'0'' and 145 lbs. His MLB ESPN player card says 6'0'' 180.
Minor league weights are notoriously unreliable. And a lot of kids from Latin America don't start to fill out until AA or above due to (1) age and (2) better nutrition/per diem/etc.

I'd guess it's more likely 145 was his initial debut weight at 17 or whatever in complex ball, and he has been steadily adding as he matured.

Still, if he can continue to get bigger and stronger without losing his speed or flexibility (ie hampering his defensive and baserunning abilities), he can be a first-division regular with his other skills.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:44 AM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Minor league weights are notoriously unreliable. And a lot of kids from Latin America don't start to fill out until AA or above due to (1) age and (2) better nutrition/per diem/etc.

I'd guess it's more likely 145 was his initial debut weight at 17 or whatever in complex ball, and he has been steadily adding as he matured.

Still, if he can continue to get bigger and stronger without losing his speed or flexibility (ie hampering his defensive and baserunning abilities), he can be a first-division regular with his other skills.
I know they won't do it now but they might as well just move him to SS and move Witt to CF that kills 2 birds with 1 stone and then find out if Nick Loftin can play 3B everyday.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:28 AM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Has anyone had success tailgating and then people just giving them their tickets? That is what we used to do when I was 18 to 21. We wouldn't even get tickets (cuz we were broke AF) and we would just go down to the parking lot and people would just give them away because they were so bad in the mid 2000's. People would rather get drunk in their van than watch that shit.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:40 AM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Has anyone had success tailgating and then people just giving them their tickets? That is what we used to do when I was 18 to 21. We wouldn't even get tickets (cuz we were broke AF) and we would just go down to the parking lot and people would just give them away because they were so bad in the mid 2000's. People would rather get drunk in their van than watch that shit.
Back before the championship runs my crew and I would make the 3 hour drive JUST to tailgate. We would have tickets ahead of time, and come with $100 in food/beer/supplies. I wouldn’t spend a dime once inside the stadium. Usually we would pair up with another group and split the goods.
Good times.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:12 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I know they won't do it now but they might as well just move him to SS and move Witt to CF that kills 2 birds with 1 stone and then find out if Nick Loftin can play 3B everyday.
I'm down with that.

Or sign Matt Chapman in FA and move Loftin to 2B.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:10 PM 07-06-2023
That's what's great about Loftin, he's played all over. 2nd, 3rd, SS, OF... you could probably stick him at Catcher and he'd be successful. The guy may end up only being an average hitter at the ML Level, but his versatility is second to none.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:37 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
That's what's great about Loftin, he's played all over. 2nd, 3rd, SS, OF... you could probably stick him at Catcher and he'd be successful. The guy may end up only being an average hitter at the ML Level, but his versatility is second to none.
Probably need to find out if he's a starter or a super sub reserve.

Also I think it's time to send MJ Melendez back to AAA and figure out if he's a catcher cause if he's not his value is way down.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:24 PM 07-06-2023
Garrett is taking Lyles role of BP pitcher tonight
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:26 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Garrett is taking Lyles role of BP pitcher tonight
Didn't he puke in his mouth and spit it out?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:33 PM 07-06-2023
Nicky Lopez literally has no value if he's not playing elite defense.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:55 AM 07-07-2023

"My parents...they just wanted to give their kids an opportunity to achieve everything they want and to be successful in life."

Arjun Nimmala has a chance to become the first player of Indian descent to play in Major League Baseball. pic.twitter.com/YfjNwt9loz

— MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) July 6, 2023

Good spot about the guy that should be the Royals pick at 8.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:47 AM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

Good spot about the guy that should be the Royals pick at 8.
My favorite, too, unless Max Clark or Walker Jenkins is there.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:08 AM 07-07-2023
I think it will be between Teel, Meyer, Houck or Mitchell. Royals seem to have had a hard on for Virginia lately in the draft so that leads to believe Teel will be the pick.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:27 AM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I think it will be between Teel, Meyer, Houck or Mitchell. Royals seem to have had a hard on for Virginia lately in the draft so that leads to believe Teel will be the pick.
Meyer is one of a few players I would flip my lid about. High school RHP from a non-baseball hotbed? No fucking thanks.

Enrique Bradfield is the other.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:56 AM 07-07-2023
There's some smoke out there that the Royals want to cut a deal at 8 which means under slot..says they really like Kyle Teel but if they go for the cut a deal option or he's gone the most likely options are then..

Enrique Bradfield
Colin Houck

Says they also like Brayden Taylor.
[Reply]
Page 195 of 333
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245295 > Last »
Up