View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 194 of 343
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204244294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:15 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
I tend to agree (although he may be hurt, he wasn't this bad much of last year). It seems to me much of our offensive game-plan consists of attempting to scheme around the pass blocking weakness we have at OT, and I am not sure Brown isn't every bit the liability that Wylie is. It's not that he isn't elite, I don't even think the guy is good.
Wylie has played better than OBJ. Add in the compensation involved and he's played MUCH better than OBJ.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:32 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wylie has played better than OBJ. Add in the compensation involved and he's played MUCH better than OBJ.
I honestly couldn't be happier with Wylie at this point. I'm utterly shocked he's turned into such a serviceable RT. Having a guy like him only making $3 million a year to play such a premium position is huge.

But yeah, when you've got a LT asking for $25 million a year and you're even comparing the two, that's a very clear sign the LT isn't worth what he wants.
[Reply]
TEX 08:54 AM 10-05-2022
Yep.

His play, combined with his contract demands, pretty much dictates he needs to go, replacement plan be damned. We won't have any trouble replacing him because he's just not that good.
Been my argument all along. No problem at all replacing and upgrading him. He is nowhere near good enough.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:02 AM 10-05-2022
Yep.

His play, combined with his contract demands, pretty much dictates he needs to go, replacement plan be damned. We won't have any trouble replacing him because he's just not that good.

I still think you can get Nijman from Green Bay for a lot less than Brown wants. I think he's slated to be a RFA. He's going to want a chance to be a full time starter.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:04 AM 10-05-2022
If he's indeed hurt, sit his ass until he's healthy. They need to make an accurate evaluation on what to offer him after this year. If he's not hurt, then they shouldn't offer him anything, just tag and trade. What a maroon for not accepting this year's offer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
If he's indeed hurt, sit his ass until he's healthy. They need to make an accurate evaluation on what to offer him after this year. If he's not hurt, then they shouldn't offer him anything, just tag and trade. What a maroon for not accepting this year's offer.
The one thing I disagree with is tagging him again.

He's already tagged at the average of the top 5 salaries at his position. Tagging him again increases that salary, which is fully guaranteed, by 20%.

At the price tag, given his current level of play, he's untradeable.

Our best option is probably letting him walk and taking the comp pick.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 10-05-2022
They'll either tag him to sign him or just let him walk.

You can't have him on the tag again.

I dont' think they'll go under the radar type signing to fix it at LT. They'll either trade for a guy or trade up in the draft I would guess. Veach and Andy being who they are, they don't seem to wanna "bunt" to fill that spot.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:09 AM 10-05-2022
“We can’t do any worse”

Uh yes. Yes we can. We can do A LOT worse. It’s like some of you forgot about the SB in Tampa Bay where Remmers played LT. You also forgot when Erving played LT for awhile and Patrick was constantly getting hit.

Erving was so terrible he got Mitchell Schwartz hurt.

Brown Jr has been below average but he’s not Jordan Black level bad. It can be a lot worse
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
“We can’t do any worse”

Uh yes. Yes we can. We can do A LOT worse. It’s like some of you forgot about the SB in Tampa Bay where Remmers played LT. You also forgot when Erving played LT for awhile and Patrick was constantly getting hit.

Brown Jr has been below average but he’s not Jordan Black level bad. It can be a lot worse
The fact that it COULD be worse is not justification for remaining bad. It just isn't.

A change is necessary. It may or may not end up being better but it's time.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:11 AM 10-05-2022
The one thing I disagree with is tagging him again.

He's already tagged at the average of the top 5 salaries at his position. Tagging him again increases that salary, which is fully guaranteed, by 20%.

At the price tag, given his current level of play, he's untradeable.

Our best option is probably letting him walk and taking the comp pick.
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Good point, that I hadn't considered.
[Reply]
Oxford 09:14 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
He looks injured to me. Hopefully he can get healthy. He has cost himself some money
His videos showed he was in great shape. Didn't want to report to camp. PMII exercised leadership to make him get his b^$$ in here. Was not going to report until the Chiefs gave him the big contract extension (sight unseen).

Hmmmm, was he EVER healthy this year? Off season training injury since he wouldn't work out here? Was this all a false-flag operation?
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 10-05-2022
The fact that it COULD be worse is not justification for remaining bad. It just isn't.

If he's hurt, it's not.

LT isn't a spot they're gonna just "figure out". Like it or not, he's playing LT this year.

I'm still guessing he ends up signing a deal here and staying but at this point, there's not much we can speculate either way.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 AM 10-05-2022

To me he’s been below average but not a “we have to get him off the field bc Patrick is gonna get hurt” kinda bad.

It’s mainly cost. It wouldn’t be anywhere near as bad if he was not costing this much. Regardless of that there aren’t many options.

Olumuyiwa Fashanu-top 10 projection
Peter Skoronski-top 10 projection
Paris Johnson Jr.-top 15 projection
Broderick Jones
Matthew Bergeron

That’s you first look at the draft first rd prospects. Who knows if all of them are LT’s
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:20 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
“We can’t do any worse”

Nobody is talking about throwing a Jordan Black or Cam Erving out there.

You said yourself Brown has been "below average." The point is there are plenty of guys out there who can be below average for a hell of a lot cheaper than $20-25 million a year.

The guy is basically skating by on his name and a ceiling that people think is there because of his pedigree. It's becoming more and more clear though that sometimes the apple *does* fall far from the tree. This guy is nowhere near the player his dad was, I and I doubt he'll ever get anywhere close.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:21 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Nobody is talking about throwing a Jordan Black or Cam Erving out there.

You said yourself Brown has been "below average." The point is there are plenty of guys out there who can be below average for a hell of a lot cheaper than $20-25 million a year.

The guy is basically skating by on his name and a ceiling that people think is there because of his pedigree. It's becoming more and more clear though that sometimes the apple *does* fall far from the tree. This guy is nowhere near the player his dad was, I and I doubt he'll ever get anywhere close.
Exactly.

You can get this level of play from a guy making 1/4 as much.

It's ALL about the compensation and always has been.
[Reply]
Page 194 of 343
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204244294 > Last »
Up