ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 194 of 383
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204244294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
PhillyChiefFan 07:36 AM 06-19-2015
Got my hands on Deschutes/Distelhauser collaboration, Doppel Dinkel Bock Conflux No. 3 last weekend.

Smoothest beer I've ever had with a 10%+ ABV. Highly recommend!
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:29 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:

So, with all the talk about Hill Farmstead around here, I found this in Lafayette this afternoon, and bought it knowing nothing about it. It's a saison collab between Hill Farmstead and The Braugies brewery in Belgium. La Vermontoise is the name. Anybody know anything about it?

Also, how do collabos work? I've seen quite a few of them in the past. Do both breweries brew their own with assistance from the other brewery? Or do they brew together and split batches? I saw a collabo between three breweries last year, and they all three put out their own releases.
Here's how this collaboration worked -- I know because I've been to Brasserie de Blaugies during a brewday for this beer:

Shaun Hill of Hill Farmstead went to Blaugies to brew the first batch with the Carlier family of Blaugies. Essentially it is a buckwheat saison (Blaugies specializes in old-school rustic grainbills in their traditional farmhouse ales). It absolutely tastes like a Blaugies beer, particularly like Saison d'Epeautre (their classic spelt saison which Shaun loves so much), only it uses Amarillo hops. The Amarillo hop schedule was Shaun's major contribution to the beer.

In this sense it tastes like Boulevard Tank 7 if Tank 7 were brewed more traditionally (weird grains, complete dryness). It's an awesome beer. Blaugies brews it once a year now.

It doesn't at all taste like a Hill Farmstead saison, for what its worth. It's a Blaugies beer all the way. So expect a beautifully dry beer with slightly brackish water and not something with lactic sourness and that smooth Hill Farmstead well water.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:33 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:

Also, how do collabos work? I've seen quite a few of them in the past. Do both breweries brew their own with assistance from the other brewery? Or do they brew together and split batches? I saw a collabo between three breweries last year, and they all three put out their own releases.
Most collabos will see the two breweries come up with a recipe together and brew it at one of their brewhouses, packaged & distributed through that brewery's network. Like Boulevard's numbered Collaboration series.

Sometimes brewers will choose to brew the beer in both places and package individually. This has happened with Boulevard & Sierra Nevada's Terra Incognita, for example.

USUALLY it's the former. A collabo where both all breweries package their own batches is much rarer for obvious logistical reasons.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 02:34 PM 06-20-2015
picked up festina peche and victory kirsch gose for a bbq on a hot ass day
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:53 PM 06-20-2015
Had close to 10 3oz samples of a 2014 Proprietor's BCBS keg last night at the Chicago Ale Fest. They pretty much ran me out of their booth.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:20 PM 07-24-2015
Firestone Walker Opal Saison. A little hoppier (bitter) than most saisons, but really enjoyable.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TimBone 04:20 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Firestone Walker Opal Saison. A little hoppier (bitter) than most saisons, but really enjoyable.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I really liked it.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:32 AM 07-25-2015
If anyone is going to the Perennial Beer Fest in St. Louis this weekend, be sure to try our local boys from Ozark Beer Company. They're bringing a saison and a Bourbon Barrel Aged Belgian Golden.

Here's the writeup on the Boll Weevil Saison:
Boll Weevil, a Pesky Farmhouse Ale is a beautiful Brett Beer developed by Jesse Gagnon specifically for the Midwest Belgian Beer Fest. It is a blend of farmhouse ale hopped with the New Zealand hop Wakatu then aged for four months in Bourbon Barrels. Brettanomyces and Lacto Bacillus were added in the barrel. A summer saison was then brewed independently for an even blend with the barrel aged beer. The saison’s fresh and light nose hoists the barrel’s presence and with a slightly peppery finish, the saison smooths out the dryness of the barrel beer.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:48 PM 07-25-2015
Tried 5 Rabbit Cerveceria's 5 Vulture last night. It's an Oaxacan Style dark ale brewed with ancho chili. They have an interesting concept in that they're trying to tap the Chicago Latin American market with craft beers. They chose Chicago over other cities due to our large Latin population and craft scene. Despite my enjoyment of all things Mexican, I've never found a chili beer that I cared for. This was a good beer, not great, and if I were to drink it again I'd most certainly pair it with an appropriate Mexican dish. Very interesting concept though and something I plan to follow.

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:19 PM 08-07-2015
Opened a Boulevard Aztec Chocolate Stout... what did you all think about it?

Disappointed with it, but not bad, I guess.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:38 PM 08-07-2015
Coors Light ... anybody ever tried it ?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:54 PM 08-08-2015
I'm not a big beer aficionado, I usually only drink Red Stripe. But I saw this at the liquor store today and figured I'd share.
Attached: image.jpg (102.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:31 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Coors Light ... anybody ever tried it ?
I've dumped several out onto the ground, does that count?
[Reply]
O.city 04:56 PM 08-08-2015
Don't think less of me, but I'm just going with a Corona and lime this evening sitting around the grill.

I'm slacking
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:38 PM 08-08-2015
Just tried North Coast Old No. 38 Stout - very nice
[Reply]
Page 194 of 383
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204244294 > Last »
Up