ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 193 of 333
« First < 93143183189190191192193 194195196197203243293 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:28 AM 07-04-2023

We have made the following roster moves: pic.twitter.com/QX8zKLpKec

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) July 4, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:15 AM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
No need for Cox since he pitched last night. Got another arm to use.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:06 PM 07-04-2023
Let's go BWJ!
[Reply]
BWillie 01:11 PM 07-04-2023
Big dick Witt!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:15 PM 07-04-2023

Bobby Witt Jr. - Kansas City Royals (13) pic.twitter.com/hWjlgdVQjm

— MLB HR Videos (@MLBHRVideos) July 4, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:45 PM 07-04-2023
It's sad seeing Greinke and Wainwright washed. Older I get the more I think Barry Sanders did it right.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:35 PM 07-04-2023
BWJ getting good enough to where the Royals can trade him and get a haul.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:07 PM 07-04-2023
Starting some draft prep. Royals are 8th.

Some in the Royals prospect hound community think Vandy CF Enrique Bradfield may be the royals choice at 8 to save some slot money for their pick… hang on a second…

That was just me taking a vomit break.

Bradfield is like Nicky Lopez, but in CF. He’s super fast and a great defender but has no power present and no power projection.

Not a bad player but not one I’d be taking 8th.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:19 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Some in the Royals prospect hound community think Vandy CF Enrique Bradfield may be the royals choice at 8 to save some slot money for their pick… hang on a second…

Bradfield is like Nicky Lopez, but in CF. He’s super fast and a great defender but has no power present and no power projection.

Kyle Teel is being pretty heavily linked to them from what I've seen.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:24 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Just sign some Blue Valley kids. Wont make a difference
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:30 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Kyle Teel (College C) and Blake Mitchell (high school C) have the most current buzz.

There's also a lot of linkage to Noble Meyer. Who is a RH high school pitcher from a non-baseball hotbed.

So of course it will probably be him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:38 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

The idea of drafting a guy in the top 10, so that you can save some slot money is so incredibly stupid. You should be going for the absolute best possible player you can get. Saving some money so you can maybe pay a little extra later on a player that's not gonna be near as good doesn't make any sense to me at all. This draft will tell me alot about JJ and if I believe he should stick around. If he goes with a DM approach, then shut can that motherfucker.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:04 AM 07-05-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The idea of drafting a guy in the top 10, so that you can save some slot money is so incredibly stupid. You should be going for the absolute best possible player you can get. Saving some money so you can maybe pay a little extra later on a player that's not gonna be near as good doesn't make any sense to me at all. This draft will tell me alot about JJ and if I believe he should stick around. If he goes with a DM approach, then shut can that motherfucker.

I don’t think it’s an awful strategy. It’s like trading down with your first pick and trading up with your second pick.

If you execute it well, it can be really effective.

I would not do it to select a no-power speed merchant CF type, though.
[Reply]
myselff77 07:59 AM 07-05-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The idea of drafting a guy in the top 10, so that you can save some slot money is so incredibly stupid. You should be going for the absolute best possible player you can get. Saving some money so you can maybe pay a little extra later on a player that's not gonna be near as good doesn't make any sense to me at all. This draft will tell me alot about JJ and if I believe he should stick around. If he goes with a DM approach, then shut can that mother****er.
Seems like it's an ok strategy on occasion if there is some High School kid you like, who is not a high pick, so you can toss some extra money at to convince them to forgo college. However, I absolutely agree with you. JJ needs to show he is different from DM in this draft or it is time to completely clean house in the front office.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:33 AM 07-05-2023
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's similar to Moore's drafts. The front office is the same..the scouts are the same..
[Reply]
Page 193 of 333
« First < 93143183189190191192193 194195196197203243293 > Last »
Up