ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 193 of 335
« First < 93143183189190191192193 194195196197203243293 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:03 AM 06-03-2016
Valyrian steel arrow tips! Make a shit ton of those and pick the Walkers off at a distance.

Would probably be better served as VS swords but I like the idea.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:53 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Valyrian steel arrow tips! Make a shit ton of those and pick the Walkers off at a distance.

Well sure, but the problem is where do you not only find the Valyrian steel, but the forgers who can actually work with it? Both are rather finite at the moment, unless they find a huge stash of it if they want to risk their lives by foraging the Doom.

Dragonglass is the answer here, along of course with the dragons.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:54 PM 06-03-2016
Sam stealing Hearthsbane is going to have huge implications down the road - either it will save him and Gilly from the WW's or it will be the death of his family. Possibly both.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:56 PM 06-03-2016

They have dragon glass arrowheads already. Well....Meera does.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:16 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well sure, but the problem is where do you not only find the Valyrian steel, but the forgers who can actually work with it? Both are rather finite at the moment, unless they find a huge stash of it if they want to risk their lives by foraging the Doom.

Dragonglass is the answer here, along of course with the dragons.

Well I was speaking specifically about Euron's suit of armor. I highly doubt any Westerosi houses will be comfortable with re-working their ancestral swords into arrow tips.

And I think it's been said that there are only two men that know how to re-work Valyrian steel.

Originally Posted by Pestilence:
They have dragon glass arrowheads already. Well....Meera does.

She doesn't have much though, does she? And I think the Night's Watch lost all of Jon's stash at Hardhome.

With the Children gone it seems like it's basically down to the few Valyrian steel weapons left in the world.

It's also important to note that the dragon glass doesn't pierce the Walker's armor. I'd imagine Valyrian steel would.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:18 PM 06-03-2016
What is it about Valyria that keeps men from going, or coming back for that matter?

The stone men? Magic? Something else?
[Reply]
RustShack 01:39 PM 06-03-2016

Like how Meera used a tip to kill a walker?
[Reply]
RustShack 01:40 PM 06-03-2016
What is it about Valyria that keeps men from going, or coming back for that matter?

The stone men? Magic? Something else?
The doom.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:00 PM 06-03-2016
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MagicHef 02:59 PM 06-03-2016
Hell yeah. All of that is plausible.

How about Euron as Azor Ahai?
He could be. There's not a lot to really show that the original Azor Ahai was actually a hero, other than the people of a fairly deprived city (Asshai) and religion (R'hllor) say so.

There's another legend about the Bloodstone Emperor that is vaguely similar to Azor Ahai, only he caused the long night by killing the woman in his story.
[Reply]
RustShack 03:53 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 04:07 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Spoiler!
I'm thinking more along the lines of Dany is riding Dogo and he scorches an area. Perhaps fighting white walkers but it could be any battle, and someone on the ground discovers that the fire has melted rock into what looks like dragon glass. The glass finds its way to that chubby boy with the wildling wife and he does research on it. He finds and old manuscript that confirms the process. It's volcanic glass. It wouldn't require a smithy, they can chip arrowheads out of it like flint. They could also easily make daggers and put dragon glass points on pikes.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:48 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
He could be. There's not a lot to really show that the original Azor Ahai was actually a hero, other than the people of a fairly deprived city (Asshai) and religion (R'hllor) say so.

There's another legend about the Bloodstone Emperor that is vaguely similar to Azor Ahai, only he caused the long night by killing the woman in his story.

Lately I'm under the impression that Daenerys and Jon are red herrings. One of them being TPTWP would be too easy.

Who do you think Azor Ahai is? Or do you even think the prophecy will be fulfilled?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:49 PM 06-03-2016
But at the same time, I think TPTWP was supposed to come from Aerys Targaryen's bloodline so.... Idk.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:26 PM 06-03-2016
It's Jon Snow.
[Reply]
Page 193 of 335
« First < 93143183189190191192193 194195196197203243293 > Last »
Up