View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 192 of 343
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:51 AM 10-04-2022
And as far as the 83 grade from PFF for Orlando Brown against the Colts, they also graded Trey Smith highly and said the Chiefs O-Line had one of their best games against the Colts. They had KC ranked as the #2 O-Line in football going into Week 4 games, which you would have to assume is largely based on Brown and all of the O-Linemen as a whole.

I say all that to say, apparently Andy Reid doesn't agree with PFF's grading because he thought the Chiefs O-Line played their worst game of the season against the Colts and had a 'sit down' with them all this week prior to the Bucs game and challenged them to be better. They took the challenge to heart . . . . . . well, most of them anyway.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:53 AM 10-04-2022
Chargers played a 6th round pick at LT on Sunday.

He got the game ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KC Hawks 10:59 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wow. An 83 vs. Indy?

Look - I watch a LOT of football and I watched the dude play as well. That was as out of sorts as I've ever seen him. And for the most part I count myself among those that are fairly complimentary of Brown 'round these parts.

That was NOT a 'solid B' performance. That was barely a C-. I still think his best game of the season was Arizona. He was tolerable given a brutal assignment vs. SD (and the fact that I think Andy intentionally made things easier on him). The last two games, however, have just been pretty rough. he got a little lucky that the run game was working like it was and we jumped out early because if that ended up a negative game script again, it sure appeared that Barrett was going to eat his lunch out there.

His balance is just wrong. I really feel like there has to be a lower body injury he's trying to compensate for because he NEVER used to jump out of his stance and lung like that. He'd stay back, stay patient and just let his immense size/strength work to his advantage.
Brown was on the injury report for a knee injury prior to the Colts game. So, maybe? :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:01 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Your honor I give you Exhibit A why Brown should get an extension.
Go ahead and poke fun but he sucks and I am sure Veach has realized he made a goof. No stats support him being good at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:28 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
And as far as the 83 grade from PFF for Orlando Brown against the Colts, they also graded Trey Smith highly and said the Chiefs O-Line had one of their best games against the Colts. They had KC ranked as the #2 O-Line in football going into Week 4 games, which you would have to assume is largely based on Brown and all of the O-Linemen as a whole.

I say all that to say, apparently Andy Reid doesn't agree with PFF's grading because he thought the Chiefs O-Line played their worst game of the season against the Colts and had a 'sit down' with them all this week prior to the Bucs game and challenged them to be better. They took the challenge to heart . . . . . . well, most of them anyway.
Yeah - they're just wrong then.

Because that's one of the few, if not ONLY, games where I got done watching and said "Man, Trey Smith really struggled in that one..."

That's a pretty damning indictment of PFF, IMO. That's just a completely inaccurate representation of how that game went. No, OBJ and Smith did NOT play well in that game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 10-04-2022
Well, I will freely admit I think PFF is a bunch of hogwash and that each grader uses their 'opinion' about what they think a player was suppose to do on any given snap (assignment, etc.), so admittedly, I'm going off the eye test when I'm talking about watching Brown in all 4 of our games.

I thought he was solid against the Cards, below average against the Chargers, worse against the Colts, and below average against the Bucs.

Anyway, that's my opinion from watching the games multiple times and what I saw with my eyes.

If someone can persuade me differently with an argument that's not "but PFF graded him . . . . . . ", then I'm all ears.
I think you're being a tad harsh.

He was good against the Cards, okay against a really good Chargers pass rush, bad against the Colts, and okay again against a really good Bucs pass rush.

He's about average right now. And I've watched all 4 games at least 3 times.

That 83 rating is just wrong. He hasn't played at 80% of "best" all season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 10-04-2022
If he's injured, and there seems to be smoke that he is, why are the Chiefs being so dismissive about it? Do they think he's not hurt that bad? Do they think they simply don't have any other options? Are they making him work to earn what he thinks he's worth?

I don't understand why they keep putting them out there if he's truly injured because the affect on his play is NOTICEABLE.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:56 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
PFF had him graded much higher against the Colts than they did against the Tampa. Pass blocking grades:

Week 1: 53.0
Week 2: 29.1
Week 3: 83.1
Week 4: 55.1

I know people will say "blah blah blah PFF sucks" but they do actually watch the snaps and have some incentive to do things objectively.
The week 2 grade is disturbing considering we play that team twice a year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:16 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If he's injured, and there seems to be smoke that he is, why are the Chiefs being so dismissive about it? Do they think he's not hurt that bad? Do they think they simply don't have any other options? Are they making him work to earn what he thinks he's worth?

I don't understand why they keep putting them out there if he's truly injured because the affect on his play is NOTICEABLE.
They don't think Christian at 100% is a more trustworthy option.

My guess is it's a scheme thing. Maybe they believe that on balance Christian would be a better option but if it comes to completely whiffing an assignment that gets Mahomes annihilated, brown is less likely to get beat mentally and thus at least prevent catastrophe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The week 2 grade is disturbing considering we play that team twice a year.
I just noticed that 29. There's no way that's any more right than the 83.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:20 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - they're just wrong then.

Because that's one of the few, if not ONLY, games where I got done watching and said "Man, Trey Smith really struggled in that one..."

That's a pretty damning indictment of PFF, IMO. That's just a completely inaccurate representation of how that game went. No, OBJ and Smith did NOT play well in that game.
No more damning than the grade they gave Mahomes in Week 1 when he played an almost perfect game.

PFF sucks.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:23 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think you're being a tad harsh.

He was good against the Cards, okay against a really good Chargers pass rush, bad against the Colts, and okay again against a really good Bucs pass rush.

He's about average right now. And I've watched all 4 games at least 3 times.

That 83 rating is just wrong. He hasn't played at 80% of "best" all season.
I may be a little harsh, but at best he's been an above average LT in 2 of the games and overall, for the season, he's been an average NFL LT. Nothing more. I can live with the 'average' assessment. I think it's probably a little generous, but like I said, I can live with it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:26 PM 10-04-2022
I may be a little harsh, but at best he's been an above average LT in 2 of the games and overall, for the season, he's been an average NFL LT. Nothing more. I can live with the 'average' assessment. I think it's probably a little generous, but like I said, I can live with it.
Yeah, I don't think we disagree necessarily.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:36 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Chargers played a 6th round pick at LT on Sunday.

He got the game ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think I said at the time I preferred him as a pick to Kinnard at OT, but damn I didn't think he'd be ready this year either. Thank God it makes no difference because he'll have a freak Chargers injury in about 2 weeks. Wonder what odds I can get on the first NFL player to miss a game because his d**k fell off or whatever.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:27 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Think I said at the time I preferred him as a pick to Kinnard at OT, but damn I didn't think he'd be ready this year either. Thank God it makes no difference because he'll have a freak Chargers injury in about 2 weeks. Wonder what odds I can get on the first NFL player to miss a game because his d**k fell off or whatever.
Chargers are always pretty solid in the draft. Chief Fans loved them some Kinnard, though.
[Reply]
Page 192 of 343
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292 > Last »
Up