View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 191 of 343
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201241291 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Yep as others have pointed out, not anywhere even close to the money his ass was asking for. Your average should have taken the above average but not record setting money Chiefs offered.

Good luck next year on the market though. Chiefs should 100% be looking for a replacement. IF they can't find it, if not then if he is willing to play for the $'s he is worth then fine he will suffice for now but the franchise needs to be protected.

IMO he greatly miscalculated not signing that deal, as of now he is not getting that kind of cash from anyone.
Yep.

He thought he could bet on himself and win. Not looking good for him right now.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:55 AM 10-04-2022
Also I should add, he asked for the criticism by turning down a fair deal. Of course people are going to be watching him more and he will be critiqued closer. He got beat like a drum in some critical spots Sunday, I don't expect him to be perfect but apparently for the money he was asking for he thinks he should be. That is the standard he set for himself so go do it bud.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:56 AM 10-04-2022
Does he have the same agent as Mathieu, by chance?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 10-04-2022
Also I should add, he asked for the criticism by turning down a fair deal. Of course people are going to be watching him more and he will be critiqued closer. He got beat like a drum in some critical spots Sunday, I don't expect him to be perfect but apparently for the money he was asking for he thinks he should be. That is the standard he set for himself so go do it bud.
Once again, spot on.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:59 AM 10-04-2022
Yeah, OBJ was 'better' Sunday night (than last week), but that's a pretty low bar to clear. He was atrocious against the Colts. Like, not even the equivalent of an average NFL LT.

He's not even worthy right now of the contract they offered him this off-season, and that's saying a lot, considering it wasn't exactly a break the bank contract. Very little gtd. money. And he hasn't even measured up to THAT.

So, yeah, he was 'better' on Sunday, but I'm not sure that's much of a compliment.

It's still a long season and maybe he'll surprise us as the year goes along.

We'll see . . . . . .
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:06 AM 10-04-2022
Next years FA LTs are only 3

Jason Peters - Dallas

Dakota Dozier - Chicago

Kelvin Beachum - Arizona
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:09 AM 10-04-2022
I'm seriously wondering if some of you even know what you're looking at. He wasn't anywhere near atrocious in the Colts game. He was actually pretty damn good. He only had like 2 legit bad reps that game.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:12 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yeah, OBJ was 'better' Sunday night (than last week), but that's a pretty low bar to clear. He was atrocious against the Colts. Like, not even the equivalent of an average NFL LT.
PFF had him graded much higher against the Colts than they did against the Tampa. Pass blocking grades:

Week 1: 53.0
Week 2: 29.1
Week 3: 83.1
Week 4: 55.1

I know people will say "blah blah blah PFF sucks" but they do actually watch the snaps and have some incentive to do things objectively.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:14 AM 10-04-2022
Fair deal? It was a healthy over pay of anything. So happy he turned it down.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:18 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Fair deal? It was a healthy over pay of anything. So happy he turned it down.
Oh i agree, see my post above i called it above average. Me too because he is showing that he is not the answer long term imo. Think the Chiefs are stuck with the hand they are dealt so they offered what they felt was fair and it was more than fair absolutely, then he gets some first time agent clown and turned it down.

Hey he is the biggest loser here imo but i just think it was colossally stupid of him to turn that down. If the Chiefs can find a replacement better than him then absolutely move on. If not and he is willing to play on reasonable money then ok, don't love it but he will work until we find our guy there.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:18 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm seriously wondering if some of you even know what you're looking at. He wasn't anywhere near atrocious in the Colts game. He was actually pretty damn good. He only had like 2 legit bad reps that game.
The problem is he wants to reset the market and he isn’t that good. He struggles with speed rushers. We’ve seen that the last 3 weeks.

And he wants the last years of his contract to be guaranteed? He can fuck off with that shit. Veach isn’t giving this guy a contract like Frank Clark’s where it’s hard to get out of in year 4, 5 and 6 and it kills our cap.

Veach’s offer was more than fair. It looked essentially like a 3 year deal with a team option/cap relief in the last 3 years.

He hasn’t earned what he’s asking for at all.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:22 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The problem is he wants to reset the market and he isn’t that good. He struggles with speed rushers. We’ve seen that the last 3 weeks.

And he wants the last years of his contract to be guaranteed? He can fuck off with that shit. Veach isn’t giving this guy a contract like Frank Clark’s where it’s hard to get out of in year 4, 5 and 6 and it kills our cap.

Veach’s offer was more than fair. It looked essentially like a 3 year deal with a team option/cap relief in the last 3 years.

He hasn’t earned what he’s asking for at all.
Yep exactly and this is why he catches shit, as you should when you demand top, THE top of the market money and your play is no where near it. Especially after we let a HOF go because he wanted too much money, a guy who more than proved himself to be worth the top.

Again he and his agent made a stupid mistake, who knows though maybe he will get paid from some dip shit franchise out there but likely will be offered what the Chiefs offered or less.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:23 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
PFF had him graded much higher against the Colts than they did against the Tampa. Pass blocking grades:

Week 1: 53.0
Week 2: 29.1
Week 3: 83.1
Week 4: 55.1

I know people will say "blah blah blah PFF sucks" but they do actually watch the snaps and have some incentive to do things objectively.
Well, I will freely admit I think PFF is a bunch of hogwash and that each grader uses their 'opinion' about what they think a player was suppose to do on any given snap (assignment, etc.), so admittedly, I'm going off the eye test when I'm talking about watching Brown in all 4 of our games.

I thought he was solid against the Cards, below average against the Chargers, worse against the Colts, and below average against the Bucs.

Anyway, that's my opinion from watching the games multiple times and what I saw with my eyes.

If someone can persuade me differently with an argument that's not "but PFF graded him . . . . . . ", then I'm all ears.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 10-04-2022
Wow. An 83 vs. Indy?

Look - I watch a LOT of football and I watched the dude play as well. That was as out of sorts as I've ever seen him. And for the most part I count myself among those that are fairly complimentary of Brown 'round these parts.

That was NOT a 'solid B' performance. That was barely a C-. I still think his best game of the season was Arizona. He was tolerable given a brutal assignment vs. SD (and the fact that I think Andy intentionally made things easier on him). The last two games, however, have just been pretty rough. he got a little lucky that the run game was working like it was and we jumped out early because if that ended up a negative game script again, it sure appeared that Barrett was going to eat his lunch out there.

His balance is just wrong. I really feel like there has to be a lower body injury he's trying to compensate for because he NEVER used to jump out of his stance and lung like that. He'd stay back, stay patient and just let his immense size/strength work to his advantage.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:36 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wow. An 83 vs. Indy?

Look - I watch a LOT of football and I watched the dude play as well. That was as out of sorts as I've ever seen him. And for the most part I count myself among those that are fairly complimentary of Brown 'round these parts.

That was NOT a 'solid B' performance. That was barely a C-. I still think his best game of the season was Arizona. He was tolerable given a brutal assignment vs. SD (and the fact that I think Andy intentionally made things easier on him). The last two games, however, have just been pretty rough. he got a little lucky that the run game was working like it was and we jumped out early because if that ended up a negative game script again, it sure appeared that Barrett was going to eat his lunch out there.

His balance is just wrong. I really feel like there has to be a lower body injury he's trying to compensate for because he NEVER used to jump out of his stance and lung like that. He'd stay back, stay patient and just let his immense size/strength work to his advantage.

He could be hurt, and that certainly is a factor but that is why it was a major gamble to play on the tag when you had a more than fair deal on the table for your play so far. So if he is forced to play injured and he is below average for x amount of games it is going to get him back to where he was before or worse. Had to have known that going in, and not sure if his agent talked him into it or what but just pretty stupid.

Also he waited until the 11th hour to select an agent which didn't allow for a lot of negotiation time with said agent. This guy also hadn't repped anyone before. It is all a bad look for him imo.
[Reply]
Page 191 of 343
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201241291 > Last »
Up