Page 191 of 4905
« First < 91141181187188189190191 1921931941952012412916911191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:55 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by TEX:
If I were to bet, I'd say they go 3-4 the rest of the way and finish 10-6. That will be enough to get in. But they've been exposed as frauds. They got to 7-0 with smoke and mirrors.
Depends on what they decide to do, personally... I think they have to roll with Brock for at least the next month. Again, he can't be worse than the 9TD/17INT that has them sitting at 7-2.

The defense is the foundation of the success, so they need to rally and do what they've been doing.

Brock will be easier to fit within Kubiak's system, he's not as cemented into a style as Peyton.

Roll with Brock @ CHI, vs NE, @ SD and OAK... see what happens in the next 4. Worst case 2-2 is what they should achieve, best case is they go 3-1. They have the talent to get them to 2-2 with Brock.

Let Manning have a month off, heal the foot, the ribs, etc.

Final 3 are @ PIT, CIN and SD. Going into the final road game, depending on how they've played under Brock, then you determine what makes sense.

Best case scenario, you put Manning on the shelf until the playoffs.

It would take a monumental fail, similar to a few years ago when Josh had them at 6-0 and then missed for them to repeat that now. I don't see it happening, but anything could.

They have all the built-in injury excuses now to put in Brock and the lead is significant as I mentioned earlier, they are pretty well locked into that #3 seed at this point with 7 games remaining and both OAK and KC sitting at 4-5. One of those teams has to go on a HUGE roll and Denver needs to fall in likely 5 of the next 7.

So, enjoy the cushion that comes with 7-2 and let's see what Brock can do, then re-evaluate it in 4 weeks.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:59 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Depends on what they decide to do, personally... I think they have to roll with Brock for at least the next month. Again, he can't be worse than the 9TD/17INT that has them sitting at 7-2.

The defense is the foundation of the success, so they need to rally and do what they've been doing.

Brock will be easier to fit within Kubiak's system, he's not as cemented into a style as Peyton.

Roll with Brock @ CHI, vs NE, @ SD and OAK... see what happens in the next 4. Worst case 2-2 is what they should achieve, best case is they go 3-1. They have the talent to get them to 2-2 with Brock.

Let Manning have a month off, heal the foot, the ribs, etc.

Final 3 are @ PIT, CIN and SD. Going into the final road game, depending on how they've played under Brock, then you determine what makes sense.

Best case scenario, you put Manning on the shelf until the playoffs.

It would take a monumental fail, similar to a few years ago when Josh had them at 6-0 and then missed for them to repeat that now. I don't see it happening, but anything could.

They have all the built-in injury excuses now to put in Brock and the lead is significant as I mentioned earlier, they are pretty well locked into that #3 seed at this point with 7 games remaining and both OAK and KC sitting at 4-5. One of those teams has to go on a HUGE roll and Denver needs to fall in likely 5 of the next 7.

So, enjoy the cushion that comes with 7-2 and let's see what Brock can do, then re-evaluate it in 4 weeks.

I would absolutely LOVE it if they sat Peyton till the playoffs then brought him in to throw 4 picks and a QBR of 1
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:03 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I would absolutely LOVE it if they sat Peyton till the playoffs then brought him in to throw 4 picks and a QBR of 1
Yeah, who knows what happens. Lots of games left and if you wanted drama and excitement to close things out, you've got it.

Next week...

Broncos @ Bears
Raiders @ Lions
Chiefs @ Chargers

Should be interesting, the story line building up the Fox and Cutler playing Denver will be a fun one. Good luck, Brock.

Raiders should topple the Lions, but as we saw this week - any given Sunday.

Chiefs @ Chargers - San Diego sucks, but they're crafty. Can KC carry the momentum from this week into California?
[Reply]
TEX 09:40 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Yep. Dude is DONE. He has been for awhile. He's just been hanging around chasing records. Well he got another one yesterday... :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:40 AM 11-16-2015
Yeah that was fun... Manning has a torn plantar something... they knew on Tuesday. Brock, it's your team at this point. Buckle up.
You dont find it...umm..a "coincidence" that he now has an injury after getting benched? That's pretty convenient timing from a PR perspective. It was always about getting the record and his legacy....on that front, Elway did him a solid. Kubiak played ball in his first season but always wanted to start Brock.

Wade is getting figured out...it was a new defense at the start of the season but now teams have tape.

Like I said well over a month ago....getting "lucky" has a way of evening out. I predicted that Denver was a 9-7 team with the ball bouncing their way. I also said Manning wouldn't make it through the season... Now they have real teams coming up...a benched QB, two game skid and a season-low confidence level.

That o-line and run game is non-existent...and winter is coming. Good luck with Assmeller.
[Reply]
TEX 09:47 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You dont find it...umm..a "coincidence" that he now has an injury after getting benched? That's pretty convenient timing from a PR perspective. It was always about getting the record and his legacy....on that front, Elway did him a solid. Kubiak played ball in his first season but always wanted to start Brock.

Wade is getting figured out...it was a new defense at the start of the season but now teams have tape.

Like I said well over a month ago....getting "lucky" has a way of evening out. I predicted that Denver was a 9-7 team with the ball bouncing their way. Now they have real teams coming up...a benched QB, two game skid and a season-low confidence level.
I agree for the most part. I had them at 10-6 going into the season. Just be careful not to dismiss Wade's defense. It is very good. It was without two of the league's best at their respective positions - Not saying Denver wins with them yesterday, because it was clearly the Chiefs day - I am saying that missing talent like that makes a difference. Look back to week 2, had KC had Smith, I'm betting things would have been different.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:53 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Like I said well over a month ago....getting "lucky" has a way of evening out. I predicted that Denver was a 9-7 team with the ball bouncing their way. Now they have real teams coming up...a benched QB, two game skid and a season-low confidence level.
Could be, I suppose, but I doubt it. If you want me to believe that the franchise put getting Manning the records over winning and doing what's best for the club, I think you're nuts. Everything doesn't have to involve a conspiracy theory.

I do think it's incredibly tough to bench a guy like Peyton when you are 7-1, and at home vs a 3 win team.

Wade is getting figured out? Is that why KC had an average starting field position of midfield and they kicked all those FGs? Please.

Great play on that 80 yard TD, but the defense (even without a couple of stars) held the Chiefs to a whole lot of FGs. The offense did them no favors with keeping them on the field.

I hope they suck it up and put Manning on the shelf for a month. Let's see what Brock can do, hell it's a perfect time to do it considering the cushion they have and the fact that he's a FA after this season. Let's see what the freakish QB can do, then re-evaluate it before the final 3-4 games.

No harm there at all.

Yesterday was a great win for KC and you guys have certainly suffered through some beatings with Denver and Manning, so I can only imagine the sense of relief and positive feelings.

Bottom line is this... there's a dog fight going on right now for the 5th/6th seeds. KC and OAK are sitting there at 4-5 with lots of key games.

All the momentum you guys have right now can be lost in an instant if they trip @ San Diego this week. As I said last week, your playoffs started yesterday and the Chiefs passed the first test... seven more on deck. No rest for the weary.

Denver has some soul searching to do here, but the performance from the last two weeks and the injuries should finally allow them to accept the notion of letting Brock take the reigns for the next 3-4 games. There's no real downside quite honestly.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:01 AM 11-16-2015
Could be, I suppose, but I doubt it. If you want me to believe that the franchise put getting Manning the records over winning and doing what's best for the club, I think you're nuts. Everything doesn't have to involve a conspiracy theory.

I do think it's incredibly tough to bench a guy like Peyton when you are 7-1, and at home vs a 3 win team.

Wade is getting figured out? Is that why KC had an average starting field position of midfield and they kicked all those FGs? Please.

Great play on that 80 yard TD, but the defense (even without a couple of stars) held the Chiefs to a whole lot of FGs. The offense did them no favors with keeping them on the field.

I hope they suck it up and put Manning on the shelf for a month. Let's see what Brock can do, hell it's a perfect time to do it considering the cushion they have and the fact that he's a FA after this season. Let's see what the freakish QB can do, then re-evaluate it before the final 3-4 games.

No harm there at all.

Yesterday was a great win for KC and you guys have certainly suffered through some beatings with Denver and Manning, so I can only imagine the sense of relief and positive feelings.

Bottom line is this... there's a dog fight going on right now for the 5th/6th seeds. KC and OAK are sitting there at 4-5 with lots of key games.

All the momentum you guys have right now can be lost in an instant if they trip @ San Diego this week. As I said last week, your playoffs started yesterday and the Chiefs passed the first test... seven more on deck. No rest for the weary.

Denver has some soul searching to do here, but the performance from the last two weeks and the injuries should finally allow them to accept the notion of letting Brock take the reigns for the next 3-4 games. There's no real downside quite honestly.
You better hope the D continues to allow only 4.2 yards per play or whatever. If not, you guys will have an outside chance of giving up the division. I don't like your chances this week in Chicago, btw.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:20 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
You better hope the D continues to allow only 4.2 yards per play or whatever. If not, you guys will have an outside chance of giving up the division. I don't like your chances this week in Chicago, btw.
They should be an underdog considering the change at QB
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:36 AM 11-16-2015
Denver isn't running away now. We'll see if they can hold on for dear life. Only up 3 games. Interesting remaining weeks at least
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:48 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Denver isn't running away now. We'll see if they can hold on for dear life. Only up 3 games. Interesting remaining weeks at least
True, but there's a lot of things that have to fall the right way for them to miss out on the #3 seed, quite honestly.

Denver is no more assured to lose 5 of the next 7 as KC or OAK is assured to win 5 of their next 7, which is kind of what need to happen. The poor state of affairs in the AFC South really helps here. The Wildcard teams are going to come from the North and East.

Steelers (6-4), Bills (5-4), Jets (5-4) ... Chiefs, Raiders and Dolphins knotted up at 4-5.

Bengals and Patriots are near locks to win those divisions. Chiefs and Raiders have to hope that Denver craters and one takes the West, or a combination of things have to happen to fall the right way with those 5 teams that are in pursuit of the 5th-6th seeds.

Room for error is minimal for Chiefs, Raiders and Dolphins. I'm excited to see how it all plays out, but again I think Denver can get 3-4 wins out of this final 7 and secure their spot as the #3.

I just hope they do the smart thing and put Peyton the shelf for a month.
[Reply]
TEX 10:53 AM 11-16-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
It's really a good opportunity for them and Brock. They have a 3-game cushion which will allow them to lose some games if that's what's in store as Brock develops. They also get to see exactly what they have in him. If he sucks, they can part ways with him after the season and go from there... (Drew Brees and draft a QB)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 11-16-2015
Oh yea btw Broncos fans, Justin Houston is officially better than Von Miller.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:00 AM 11-16-2015
We might see these guys again in January.

I don't think the Colts will get the 3 seed from Denver and we could get the 6th seed.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:05 AM 11-16-2015
Knowmo I told you before the season he was done you homer fuck
[Reply]
Page 191 of 4905
« First < 91141181187188189190191 1921931941952012412916911191 > Last »
Up