View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 190 of 343
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200240290 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:09 PM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Bullshit he was beat quite a bit tonight, hell of a lot more than one rep lol
One rep in the first three drives. Not the whole game. Yeah, he gets beat several times, but he takes on just about every rusher solo and wins most of the night.

Hell, look at the INT rep; he takes on 58 solo and not only beats him, he throws him to the ground. For that matter, Wyile (and I hate saying this) beat his man in that rep as well. The pressure came from the LG spot, I think. But really I think Mahomes just made a deeply poor decision throwing that ball there. He should've checked it down or tossed it away.

I haven't been a big fan of OBJ, but giving credit where it's due. He played pretty well tonight. I hope he continues to improve.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:51 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
One rep in the first three drives. Not the whole game. Yeah, he gets beat several times, but he takes on just about every rusher solo and wins most of the night.

Hell, look at the INT rep; he takes on 58 solo and not only beats him, he throws him to the ground. For that matter, Wyile (and I hate saying this) beat his man in that rep as well. The pressure came from the LG spot, I think. But really I think Mahomes just made a deeply poor decision throwing that ball there. He should've checked it down or tossed it away.

I haven't been a big fan of OBJ, but giving credit where it's due. He played pretty well tonight. I hope he continues to improve.
nah, he's pretty mediocre at best. Pretty good run blocker. Pretty shit pass blocker.
[Reply]
FringeNC 06:28 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
nah, he's pretty mediocre at best. Pretty good run blocker. Pretty shit pass blocker.
Yeah, he's pass protected for Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes. Put most QBs back there, and I can't care how good he is at run blocking, he couldn't play LT.
[Reply]
srvy 06:38 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fuck.

No.

That deal should be off the table now.
Yes, that deal has to be off now unless he snaps out of it which I doubt. Reids O lines usually get to rolling by the 5 or 6th game. Our line is ahead of the gelling schedule except for the LT which is regressing game by game. Andy has a lot of patience with players but whiffing and completes letting a guy around the corner to maul the QB Andy looked pissed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:45 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yes, that deal has to be off now unless he snaps out of it which I doubt. Reids O lines usually get to rolling by the 5 or 6th game. Our line is ahead of the gelling schedule except for the LT which is regressing game by game. Andy has a lot of patience with players but whiffing and completes letting a guy around the corner to maul the QB Andy looked pissed.
I wouldn't say he's regressing game by game. He was better last night than he was against Indy but that's not saying much.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:51 AM 10-03-2022
OBJ is a good player but he has not earned a premier left tackle contract.
[Reply]
O.city 06:52 AM 10-03-2022
I thought he played well last night???

I could be blind.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:53 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I thought he played well last night???

I could be blind.
He had a few bad plays last night. Overall, he improved from last week.

He's still not worth anywhere near what he's asking for.
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 AM 10-03-2022
He had a few bad plays last night. Overall, he improved from last week.

He's still not worth anywhere near what he's asking for.
Maybe not.

It's the situation we find ourselves in. I would imagine he'll either sign for something the CHiefs are comfy paying, or he won't be here.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:38 AM 10-04-2022
Pressures allowed by the OL:

Orlando Brown Jr-13
The rest of the OL combined-23
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pressures allowed by the OL:

Orlando Brown Jr-13
The rest of the OL combined-23
Not good.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:49 AM 10-04-2022
He effing stinks. He stunk last year and stinks now. Any thought that he should stay past this season is insane.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:49 AM 10-04-2022
Not good.
Yep as others have pointed out, not anywhere even close to the money his ass was asking for. Your average should have taken the above average but not record setting money Chiefs offered.

Good luck next year on the market though. Chiefs should 100% be looking for a replacement. IF they can't find it, if not then if he is willing to play for the $'s he is worth then fine he will suffice for now but the franchise needs to be protected.

IMO he greatly miscalculated not signing that deal, as of now he is not getting that kind of cash from anyone.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:51 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He effing stinks. He stunk last year and stinks now. Any thought that he should stay past this season is insane.
Your honor I give you Exhibit A why Brown should get an extension.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Your honor I give you Exhibit A why Brown should get an extension.
If he wants to take an AAV of around $15M, sure.

If he wants $25M like he apparently was asking this past offseason, GTFO.
[Reply]
Page 190 of 343
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200240290 > Last »
Up