ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe "Cool" and being elite? Yeah, no.
mr. tegu 05:54 PM 01-30-2023
I admit I realize I have been overestimating him like many others. He is quite good but elite he is not and he definitely hasn't earned his "cool" moniker. And I have heard multiple pundits now say, even after yesterday he is a better QB than Mahomes, but Mahomes is the better player. Talk about moving the goalposts to fit your narrative.

I will give him credit for the Brady comparison though as he has absolutely been carried by his defense and luck like Brady was in his earlier years in winning playoff games. But Burrow isn't as clutch as Brady was even back then.

And for those who think he is even close to Mahomes:

Burrow 0 times 30 point postseason games to Mahomes 8
300 yard games is 1 to 7
TD drives in fourth quarter is a whopping 0 to 14

Good old Nick Wright has more in the video but here is a picture with the most relevant part of Burrow's fourth quarter stats in the postseason. It's remarkable the Bengals have won any games honestly in the postseason.

Attached: Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.50.28 PM.png (95.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:50 AM 08-02-2023
Lol, are we really so insecure about Burrow that we're going to try and reduce him to Kirk Cousins' level just to protect our egos?

You can't name 5 QBs that are legitimately better than Burrow. Put another way name 5 QBs from last season you'd rather have under center for the Chiefs if Mahomes didn't exist.

Case closed.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:55 AM 08-02-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, are we really so insecure about Burrow that we're going to try and reduce him to Kirk Cousins' level just to protect our egos?

You can't name 5 QBs that are legitimately better than Burrow. Put another way name 5 QBs from last season you'd rather have under center for the Chiefs if Mahomes didn't exist.

Case closed.

If Burrow doesn’t want to be compared to Cousins he should turn into him in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:49 AM 08-02-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
If Burrow doesn’t want to be compared to Cousins he should turn into him in the playoffs.
:-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:49 AM 08-02-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
If he's putting up Cousins-ish numbers in the playoffs with THAT WR corps, it's not a stretch to say he isn't as good as Cousins in the postseason.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:18 PM 09-10-2023
Still not elite despite the new contract.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:25 PM 09-10-2023
Meh. It's Week 1. As I recall, CIN started slowly last year. Finished the season with 8 straight Ws?

Wouldn't close their coffin any time soon.
[Reply]
Molitoth 02:27 PM 09-10-2023
It's week 1.... the Benglas will be fine and in the playoffs.

Anyone over-reacting to this Bengals loss (as nice as it may be) is just the same type of person that says the Chiefs are done.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:33 PM 09-10-2023
Meh. It's Week 1. As I recall, CIN started slowly last year. Finished the season with 8 straight Ws?

You're correct. They also seem to struggle with Cleveland, even when Cleveland sucks. Myles Garrett seems to be the perfect guy to ruin the game for Burrow.
[Reply]
FringeNC 02:41 PM 09-10-2023

It's too early to panic, but their offensive line getting destroyed should raise some red flags. Another game or two like that, I'll be writing them off.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:41 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
You're correct. They also seem to struggle with Cleveland, even when Cleveland sucks. Myles Garrett seems to be the perfect guy to ruin the game for Burrow.

Garrett is a monster. Love watching that guy play.

You know who else they struggled with last season, BAL. Looking forward to BAL kicking their shit in.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:44 PM 09-10-2023
Garrett is a monster. Love watching that guy play.

You know who else they struggled with last season, BAL. Looking forward to BAL kicking their shit in.
Pittsburgh is another one that seems to give Cincy a tough time. If TJ Watt is healthy, it's a similar game-wrecking situation to Myles Garrett.

Sadly in previous matchups, it seems the only time the Chiefs defense can get serious pressure on Burrow is when his entire OL is wiped out with injury.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:45 PM 09-10-2023
Garrett Head here in Marrthetiggerville
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:46 PM 09-10-2023
Got lots of respect for joe, great qb.

But I’d love to see them lose 3 straight so the world can see how quickly those fans will bail on their team at the slightest hint of adversity
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:00 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
It's week 1.... the Benglas will be fine and in the playoffs.

Anyone over-reacting to this Bengals loss (as nice as it may be) is just the same type of person that says the Chiefs are done.
Losing by 1 due to a shitload of flukey drops vs getting destroyed by a mediocre team….
[Reply]
DRM08 03:06 PM 09-10-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Losing by 1 due to a shitload of flukey drops vs getting destroyed by a mediocre team….
And last year Cincy had some really bad losses to both Pittsburgh & Cleveland (bad teams). By the end of the season Cincy was a very tough team for anyone to beat.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up