ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 163
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Womble 02:44 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So....is USA actually good?

I keep seeing people say "Hey, show FIFA what's up and win this thing!"

Is that even a remotely legit possibility? Because this team seems about like every other USMNT.
Got more chance of CEH winning the MVP.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:45 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I have always despised Zimmerman... Dude plays in the MLS and isn't even good.
Careless challenge. Just stand your ground there. Bale wasn't even a threat; he had his back to the net.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 02:45 PM 11-21-2022
So....is USA actually good?

I keep seeing people say "Hey, show FIFA what's up and win this thing!"

Is that even a remotely legit possibility? Because this team seems about like every other USMNT.
As a foreign soccer fan, no they aren't great.

It is the most talented team the US has had but they would do well to get out of the group. Quarter Finals is about the best you could hope for.

It is a really young team so they should be in a good position by the next world cup.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:45 PM 11-21-2022
That was my guess.

And I'm guessing a tie here would still give them a punchers chance after England boat-races them if they can hang it on Iran?
Draw today and we will have to win vs Iran.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:46 PM 11-21-2022
That was my guess.

And I'm guessing a tie here would still give them a punchers chance after England boat-races them if they can hang it on Iran?
if we tie Wales here, we will be needing to Tie England and beat Iran to advance for certainty assuming things go the way they should with Wales vs England.

If we lose vs England it may come down to GD vs wales assuming both Wales and USA beat Iran.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:48 PM 11-21-2022
if we tie Wales here, we will be needing to Tie England and beat Iran to advance for certainty assuming things go the way they should with Wales vs England.

If we lose vs England it may come down to GD vs wales assuming both Wales and USA beat Iran.
Yes. This was by FAR the most important game of the group stage. A win vs. Wales was necessary to guarantee advancing. They'll be lucky to tie England and they should beat Iran. Then it's all about goal differential.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 02:48 PM 11-21-2022

Yes the problem is that Wales vs England is a big rivalry so England are more likely to slip up against them.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:53 PM 11-21-2022
These guys never beat European teams
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:54 PM 11-21-2022
Honestly this ref sucks. There's no PK if he was handing out yellows and calls correctly prior to that play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Draw today and we will have to win vs Iran.
Yeah - I was just thinking they'd probably have to kick Iran's ass ("hang it on them") to advance on goal diff. Wanted to make sure I remembered the rules.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:02 PM 11-21-2022
Disappointed with the passing in the final third after the Wales goal
[Reply]
bdj23 03:02 PM 11-21-2022
That's a legit disappointment
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:02 PM 11-21-2022
Honestly this ref sucks. There's no PK if he was handing out yellows and calls correctly prior to that play.
Yea. He got the PK right but every other thing was uneven and tough for the US.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 03:03 PM 11-21-2022
I was thinking this mid game and Donovan just reminded me via TV.

Where the fuck was Reyna in a game where we need to secure the win?
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:03 PM 11-21-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
****ing annoying we dominated the game and that's how we give the goal up. Sick man
Yep
[Reply]
Page 19 of 163
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up