ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 38
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:09 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You missed my point.

He isn't going to let them move him to RT. Your only option, right now, is to bench him. And I'd be fine with that.

There's no scenario where OBJ is playing RT for this team, though.
Exactly. Plus would he be an improvement over Wylie in this offense?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:09 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The best examples that people can come up with that disprove this theory/explanation are more than a decade old, and it's 2 WRs that were fringe 1st rounders.
The best examples that people can come up with are the rookies we start every single year.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Dude had 8 snaps and ran 4 routes yesterday. The week before he had 2 snaps 0 routes. Unless he's just awful in practice, that makes no sense. That's way more than just bringing him on slowly. Especially with a bunch of jags in front of him.
It doesn't make sense because you're overreacting to a 3 game sample size to start his career, and ignoring Reid's tendencies over the last decade.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:10 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The best examples that people can come up with are the rookies we start every single year.
Again, this is specifically about skill position in his offense. It's not my fault that you continue not to understand the argument, even though that's what it's always been.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:11 PM 09-26-2022
ignoring Reid's tendencies over the last decade.
Reid starts rookies every single year.

Your position of, "Reid will start a rookie literally everywhere but WR" just doesn't hold water.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 09-26-2022
Reid starts rookies every single year.

Your position of, "Reid will start a rookie literally everywhere but WR" just doesn't hold water.
See the post above.

And it's not just WR, it's RB too. He didn't draft Hunt or CEH with the intention of starting them day 1. Injuries and opt outs led to that.

Just look at Pachecho who they've raved about from day 1, yet haven't given many snaps outside of garbage time. And that's with nobody that good ahead of him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:11 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Exactly. Plus would he be an improvement over Wylie in this offense?
Honestly, I don't think he would be. He's just not built for this offense. Time to move on.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:12 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You just listed 4 teams that either have a QB on a rookie deal or signed their playmaking WR's before their QB got his 2nd contract.

We're not at all in the same place as any of those teams. Especially not after this season.

They won't be able to keep those teams together indefinitely.
Its about windows right, we are in a WINDOW right now for 2-3 years were our defensive stars and o-linemen are cheap.

We HAVE to capitalize
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:13 PM 09-26-2022
Again, this is specifically about skill position in his offense. It's not my fault that you continue not to understand the argument, even though that's what it's always been.
It's not a good argument.

You're shown examples of WR's who started and you claim its old data.

You're shown examples of rookies starting and you say, "well it's not WR".

The most logical answer here, as shown by Reid's tendencies, is that he starts rookies right away if he knows they can play right away.

If you want to argue that Moore needs marinating, ok fine.

And i'll argue that it's time to stop drafting WR's that need a redshirt year.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 09-26-2022
It's not a good argument.

You're shown examples of WR's who started and you claim its old data.

You're shown examples of rookies starting and you say, "well it's not WR".

The most logical answer here, as shown by Reid's tendencies, is that he starts rookies right away if he knows they can play right away.

If you want to argue that Moore needs marinating, ok fine.

And i'll argue that it's time to stop drafting WR's that need a redshirt year.
Don't really care whether you think it's a good argument, because it's clearly the case.

Not my fault that you haven't been paying attention to Reid's tendencies with rookie skill positions in the decade that he's been here.

He's not going to bench JuJu or MVS 3 games into the season, and he's not going to cut their snaps when they're also trying build chemistry and continuity.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I never expected Moore to get a ton of snaps this early on the season.

Again, if this continues for the entire season while our WRs struggle, then you have a point.

I'm only speaking to a clear overreaction after our third game.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:17 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You may not NEED elite WR but it sure as hell helps. Every other top team in the AFC like Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, and LAC all have multiple quality wide receivers.
Remember when NE lost the SB after going 17-0? That was probably the best WR core Brady ever had in NE and yet they lost due to the constant pressure that the Giants put on Brady. He won 6 others with lesser WRs. Elite WRs are nice, but protecting the franchise QB is more important. Mahomes can win a SB with these receivers. Not so sure he can if the OLine continues to struggle, especially at LT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:18 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Remember when NE lost the SB after going 17-0? That was probably the best WR core Brady ever had in NE and yet they lost due to the constant pressure that the Giants put on Brady. He won 6 others with lesser WRs. Elite WRs are nice, but protecting the franchise QB is more important. Mahomes can win a SB with these receivers. Not so sure he can if the OLine continues to struggle, especially at LT.
This.

LT is the biggest weakness on offense.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:18 PM 09-26-2022
See the post above.

And it's not just WR, it's RB too. He didn't draft Hunt or CEH with the intention of starting them day 1. Injuries and opt outs led to that.

Just look at Pachecho who they've raved about from day 1, yet haven't given many snaps outside of garbage time. And that's with nobody that good ahead of him.
Then why didn't he start Chark West instead of Hunt, who had years in his offense already and had already earned significant snaps? Or kept CJ Spiller?

How come Pacheco has already surpassed McKinnon and Ronald Jones?

I'll tell you why. It's because Hunt/Pacheco are/were better than the vets on the roster.

And we don't even have to focus on the starting bit. How about just some damn snaps in general?

There are far more examples of Reid playing capable rookies early than their aren't.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:20 PM 09-26-2022
Don't really care whether you think it's a good argument, because it's clearly the case.

Not my fault that you haven't been paying attention to Reid's tendencies with rookie skill positions in the decade that he's been here.
Lol, no, it's not clearly the case. You're just being stubborn as fuck about it.

It couldn't be further from "clearly the case".
[Reply]
oldman 12:20 PM 09-26-2022
Brown isn't a Top 5 or even Top 15 LT, but we're stuck with him this year. CEH was a whiff, but we got him with pick 32. Hardman was a semi-panic replacement for a possible suspension of Hill. Bottom line is you can't trade up or obtain high priced FAs for all those holes.
Start by giving Brown some help with a TE. Second, if we are going to run the ball up the middle, use pounding backs instead of guys that are better suited for perimeter runs. If that means using Bolton more, groovy. Lastly, admit Hardman is a gadget guy and move both Watson and Moore up the depth chart. They aren't going to get any better sitting on the bench.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 38
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up