ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 23
« First < 91516171819 20212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Thoughts the day after
TwistedChief 04:32 AM 09-20-2021
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:46 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Good god they get to play the fucking Lions next week? Ugh. Seems like everyone gets to play someone shitty in their first 3 games except the Chiefs. Shoot we don't get to play anyone shitty this year besides the Giants. The Eagles and Redskins aren't that good but they're not that bad either. The Bengals at Arrowhead should be a win but they aren't that terrible either. The schedule is brutal as hell this year. Then I look at the Buccaneers schedule and it's a frickin joke. Mainly because they play the AFC East and their own division is trash.

Oh well. Fuck em. Let's go 15-2 anyway.
Can't wait for the "Surprise 3-0 Broncos!" if they win next week and will have beaten the Giants, Jags, and Jets, before realistically maybe losing their next 7 of 8.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:54 PM 09-20-2021
Chiefs should have won this game. Unusually, they are a 2nd half team and shit the bed in the 2nd half. Andy should have been full throttle in the 2nd half but decided to go in run the clock out mode - wrong decision. Keep pushing the limits of this offense and score, then score again. Defense did not show up in the 2nd half and LJ came out looking like an all pro. Moving on, lets lift up and move forward, it is only week 2. Not giving up on my beloved but just live and learn and move forward with many future victories! Hang in there, I believe!
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:58 PM 09-20-2021

Per PFF, the #Chiefs have 21 missed tackles through two games….

Dirty Dan has 9 of them; no other #Chiefs player has more than 2 — and no other NFL player has more than 6.

I know him playing nearly ever snap helps him accumulate them, but wheeeew

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) September 20, 2021

[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:14 PM 09-20-2021
I thought "The Day After", (starring Jason Robards) was a highly accurate depiction of the destruction of Kansas City using nuclear weapons. It's feel and pacing match the way our defense gets blown to oblivion.
https://youtu.be/Iyy9n8r16hs
[Reply]
New World Order 11:56 PM 09-20-2021
Move Jones inside and play Thornhill over Sorensen.

There’s a start.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:16 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If only we could trade 4 or 5 of CEH's names for an extra yard or two on his per carry average.

Or at this point I'd also take holding onto the damn ****ing ball on a mother****ing handoff and getting tackled at the LOS. Literally if he just pulls a Mike Cloud we ****ing win.

Worthless piece of shit ****face running back

[Reply]
Molitoth 06:52 AM 09-21-2021
I wanted to avoid mainstream sports media completely, but I suckered into watching a few clips.

If CEH didn't fumble and the Chiefs win... is Lamar being called the "Real MVP".

We are living the Patriots lifestyle people, the world now hates us.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:00 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Sorensen has always been shitty. He's made a handful of big plays, but in my opinion, that does not negate the dozen or so bad plays per game.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:06 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I wanted to avoid mainstream sports media completely, but I suckered into watching a few clips.

If CEH didn't fumble and the Chiefs win... is Lamar being called the "Real MVP".

It’s rough watching all the other RBs giddy up and the Chiefs giddying down.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:15 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

You did it to yourself, dude.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:19 AM 09-21-2021
The Chiefs are spending 25% of their cap on the DL - the highest in the NFL - and have the 5th highest-paid LB in Hitchens. And we're the absolute worst run defense in the history of this planet.

That just seems hard to do.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:28 AM 09-21-2021
Daly isn't who we thought he was. Spent plenty of second day picks on the DL and the only one worth a shit was already a monster by the time he got here and he's somehow found a way to neuter even him.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:46 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The Chiefs are spending 25% of their cap on the DL - the highest in the NFL - and have the 5th highest-paid LB in Hitchens. And we're the absolute worst run defense in the history of this planet.

That just seems hard to do.
That is some seriously shitty math:-)
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:49 AM 09-21-2021
Who is calling the plays? Predictable as hell whoever the moron is.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:52 AM 09-21-2021
Did the defense just have a shit camp or something?
[Reply]
Page 19 of 23
« First < 91516171819 20212223 >
Up