ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 54
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
HemiEd 09-03-2017, 04:52 PM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
HemiEd 05:12 PM 09-03-2017
Been a strange summer. All tomato plants got blight, hardly any leaves, sick ass looking plants. Made Salsa twice though.

Bell peppers and Jalepenos have been awesome.

Fig trees are amazing. We will have at least a couple hundred juicy figs.

Lettuce and kale made us grow tired of them.

How about yours? Did you let it go to weeds once it warmed up?:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:13 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Been a strange summer. All tomato plants got blight, hardly any leaves, sick ass looking plants. Made Salsa twice though.

Bell peppers and Jalepenos have been awesome.

Fig trees are amazing. We will have at least a couple hundred juicy figs.

Lettuce and kale made us grow tired of them.

How about yours? Did you let it go to weeds once it warmed up?:-)
I've been what seems like epic busy in the big, revenue generating garden.

We did put up corn last weekend. About 1/3 as much as last year, which was good. We got a little big for our britches last year and didn't get all of last years eaten.

I finally got the hideous assed flowerbeds in front of the house fixed......ish.

When we bought the house in Nov 14 it had these flowerbeds with these goddamned evergreen shitbushes. Dug all that shit out and put rocks in.

Initially, there were 3 trees out front. Each planted in a raised bed. Well, some fucknut that lived here before cut one of the trees down. They went ahead and left the bed. OK whatever. So then they thought, WOW that was a good place for a tree. Let's plant one. So they moved over 5 feet and planted one. Not in a raised bed. Just fucking there. :-)

So we dug all the shit out of the old bed and moved it around the new one. We took a chance and put some dirt in there. There was a pretty good chance it would suffocate the trunk and it would die. Dug all the compost and bullshit out of there beds and put some different rocks in.

Well shit. I thought I had some pictures. I'll try to grab one in the light. It's not great, but the wife and I are strictly interested in minimal maintenance.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:17 PM 09-03-2017
I just picked up a new AreoGarden at an auction for half of list. I've been wanting one forever but was hoping the price would come don before I pulled the trigger. I can't wait for the fresh herbs
[Reply]
lewdog 05:26 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
I just picked up a new AreoGarden at an auction for half of list. I've been wanting one forever but was hoping the price would come don before I pulled the trigger. I can't wait for the fresh herbs
Let me know how that goes. Very interesting but I've never pulled the trigger based on price.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:28 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Let me know how that goes. Very interesting but I've never pulled the trigger based on price.
A buddy of mine has had one for about 3 years now. the only thing he's had trouble with are the chives. Basil and cilantro grow like weeds though
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:35 PM 09-03-2017

I've had one for more than a decade now. Got one of the originals for Christmas.

Parsley, thyme, and basil grow crazy good. The rosemary didn't do well at all. I've also had really good yield from their little pepper plants.

I just bought one of their seed starter kits to use for next year's outdoor garden.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:26 PM 09-03-2017
That's interesting. Limited space? Curious, don't know much about them except what comes up on a search.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:33 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
That's interesting. Limited space? Curious, don't know much about them except what comes up on a search.
It's basically a mini hydroponics system tha sits on your counter. You can order the pods and food online. It has a built in timer and tells you when to add water and food.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:45 PM 09-03-2017
It's basically a mini hydroponics system tha sits on your counter. You can order the pods and food online. It has a built in timer and tells you when to add water and food.
I also think it's a no go for me based on our cat.

She eats ANY plant that's alive in our house. Bring in a rose from the yard.....leaves ripped off and barf found around the house.

Nice green house plant for the bathroom. Bark used as a scratching post and cat bite marks across all the leaves. Barf left around the house.

FUCKING WORTHLESS!!!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:49 PM 09-03-2017
I also think it's a no go for me based on our cat.

She eats ANY plant that's alive in our house. Bring in a rose from the yard.....leaves ripped off and barf found around the house.

Nice green house plant for the bathroom. Bark used as a scratching post and cat bite marks across all the leaves. Barf left around the house.

FUCKING WORTHLESS!!!
Grow some Thai basil, let the cat eat it then stirfry the little bastard. Problem solved :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:09 PM 09-03-2017
I had one for a few years before the pump failed. It was fun to watch the stuff grow. You'll have a good time.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:35 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I had one for a few years before the pump failed. It was fun to watch the stuff grow. You'll have a good time.

Pump replacements are like $12.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:45 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Pump replacements are like $12.
I'm not knocking it in anyway. It was fun. We replaced what it was sitting on with a holy liquor cabinet and we were done messing with it. It's sitting on a shelf in the shop and I might fix it up again someday. I thought enough of it to not pitch.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'm not knocking it in anyway. It was fun. We replaced what it was sitting on with a holy liquor cabinet and we were done messing with it. It's sitting on a shelf in the shop and I might fix it up again someday. I thought enough of it to not pitch.

:-)

Same thing here. Put it away for a couple years, just brought it back out 3-4 years ago.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 54
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up