« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
htismaqe 09:58 PM 04-07-2021

No https://t.co/9I7n5DO3hn

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) April 5, 2021

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:10 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think people are really way too caught up on this RIGHT TACKLE vs. LEFT TACKLE thing.

Some kids may be right tackles only, but if so they wouldn't really be a good option for us in KC even to play right tackle.

Just because someone played right tackle in college doesn't mean they couldn't play left tackle, it just means that another player was already there and doing a decent job so they left it alone. It doesn't mean they couldn't have done it.

If a guy has the measurables and the agility, then it's really just technique.

Now, some of the right tackles in certain offenses won't work in KC because they can't hang with the Von Millers and Bosa's and what have you in pass protection in this offense. But the Left vs. right thing I think is looking at it all wrong.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:23 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think people are really way too caught up on this RIGHT TACKLE vs. LEFT TACKLE thing.

Some kids may be right tackles only, but if so they wouldn't really be a good option for us in KC even to play right tackle.

Just because someone played right tackle in college doesn't mean they couldn't play left tackle, it just means that another player was already there and doing a decent job so they left it alone. It doesn't mean they couldn't have done it.

If a guy has the measurables and the agility, then it's really just technique.

Now, some of the right tackles in certain offenses won't work in KC because they can't hang with the Von Millers and Bosa's and what have you in pass protection in this offense. But the Left vs. right thing I think is looking at it all wrong.
I知 so weary of this. Watch the movie the blind side. Maybe that will help.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:26 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Yeah, you're clearly an idiot.

Go get your football knowledge from Sandra Bullock.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:49 PM 04-07-2021
See, your problem is an assumption that is incorrect.

In your mind, people play RIGHT tackle because they're not good enough to play LEFT tackle.

That may be true in some cases, but not necessarily. There are any number of factors that led to kids playing one side or the other in college. There are lots of kids that played LEFT tackle in college that don't have the physical attributes to handle that spot in the NFL. Short arms, poor agility, any of those issues will mean they aren't going to be able to play LEFT TACKLE in the NFL. They may be GUARDS, or in some offenses may be able to play RIGHT tackle. In SOME OFFENSES.

Take Orlando Brown Jr. 3rd round pick, played RIGHT tackle at a high level. Due to injury, moved over and played well at LEFT tackle last season. Now he wants to remain at LEFT tackle because they get paid more.

He's not a good fit for LEFT tackle in KC's offense in my and many others' opinion as he's not particularly agile. In a balanced or run-first team, he's fine.
He'd be good in Tennessee, for example.

In KC, because of the deep drops and downfield routes, we need superior pass protectors at both spots, which reguires length, and long arms, and good lateral agility.

The era in which Lawrence Taylor changed the way people thought about the offensive line is way, way in the past. Many if not most teams now have multiple dangerous pass rushers, coming from both edges and sometimes even inside (see Chris Jones). So the 'blind side' is important yes, but so is the right side.

Now take Lucas Niang (who I doubt is the penciled in starter at Left tackle, but I expect is in a competition with Remmers for the Right tackle job). Niang played RIGHT tackle in college, because there was another player at LEFT tackle already, and then they chose to leave him there for continuity's sake. He was in the conversation to be the first lineman taken in that draft and might've been had he not injured his hip. Not because he wasn't GOOD ENOUGH to play left tackle. He shut down Chase Young and Nick Bosa.

This is a perception problem that is in your head, but is not the reality.

If you can give me ONE intelligent reason why Niang can't play Left Tackle, I'm all ears.

'he played RT in college' is not an intelligent reason.

Give me ONE reason that he would be unable to play left tackle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:36 AM 04-08-2021
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:31 PM 04-07-2021
Because he has skinny calves, duh.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:37 AM 04-08-2021
When Mahomes rolls out to his left, looking downfield, the RIGHT side of the line is his "blind" side.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:03 AM 04-08-2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:25 AM 04-08-2021

Two guys I was way too low on...

Notre Dame OG Aaron Banks
Florida OT Stone Forsythe

Think both are Round 2 players.

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) April 8, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hilarious how fast Forsythe is climbing up boards.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:07 AM 04-09-2021
It would be nice if Veach could trade down from 31 and grab Forsythe in the second. Unlikely, though. Veach has never traded down in a draft.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:36 AM 04-08-2021
I’m really starting to get the feeling that Veach is going to take a position other than OT in the first. Then he’ll either trade up or get his guy at #63.

The amount of wailing and crying after he doesn’t go OT at 31 is going to be hilarious.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 04-08-2021
I知 really starting to get the feeling that Veach is going to take a position other than OT in the first. Then he値l either trade up or get his guy at #63.

The amount of wailing and crying after he doesn稚 go OT at 31 is going to be hilarious.
I'm really convinced we're going to take a CB in the first. Just my gut.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm really convinced we're going to take a CB in the first. Just my gut.
I think it痴 going to be WR, DE, CB or LB. I saw a mock this morning with Jamin Davis at #31 and I wasn稚 hating it.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up