ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 39
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
JohnnyV13 04:32 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It’s okay so far. I’m guessing maybe it’s more interesting or perhaps more tendency to dislike it for those who know the source material. We are still trying to figure out who is who for the most part. The wife did say that she thinks the Galadria (sp?) isn’t believable and the actress tries too hard to be tough.

Something else really annoying about her character, but maybe I’m missing something. She’s been going to the ends of the earth looking for orcs with no success right? But apparently she really sucks at it because they are basically in broad daylight attacking or preparing to attack well known human settlements. Sort of undermines her as some expert smart leader though that doesn’t seem to be on purpose.
Well, first of all, Galadriel is kinda stupid. She's been rescued from what she admits is "certain death" from the middle of the sea and isn't the least bit grateful, but is instead pissed off that the Numenorians won't give them a few planks and a sail to get back to middle-earth.

Second, Galadriel is, at this point, thousands of years old, but is less diplomatic than a human with the Numernorian Queen.

Oh, and Galadriel, who is supposedly known for her wisdom, decides to jump into "certain death" from the ship to Valinor because she saw a meteor fly overhead.

What, exactly, was her plan? Did she expect to encounter a random raft in the middle of the Sundering Sea and then get picked up by a Numenorian ship?

Yeah, real bright.

And what about the Hobbits? Oh, we're so lovable and loyal that we leave you behind if you can't keep up when we've got tons of carts and lots of extra people walking unencumbered who could help push?

Aren't the hobbits great?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:33 PM 09-04-2022
I tried it.

It was terrible and spit on the original vision.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:00 PM 09-04-2022
My favorite part was when Galadriel, Princess Warrior, drew her light sabre and proclaimed you're a jedi, Harry!

I'm literally crying as I type this.
So stunning. Very brave.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:14 PM 09-04-2022
They could have told this entire story through the character of black elf guy and it probably would have been cool.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:18 PM 09-04-2022
I have zero problem with them casting the whitest looking black dude they could find to pull off the elf look
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I have zero problem with them casting the whitest looking black dude they could find to pull off the elf look
:-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:34 PM 09-05-2022

Tolkien is turning in his grave

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 5, 2022

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:43 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by :
Amazon is reportedly putting a three-day delay on user reviews for all of its content on Prime Video, including the newly-released The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. According to reports from Variety and Deadline, the delay is supposed to help stave off review bombing, or the act of flooding a particular show, movie, game, or book with negative remarks.

An Amazon representative told Variety that it put the policy in place to give the service time to evaluate whether a user review comes from an actual viewer — not a bot or troll looking to hijack the reviews section. Amazon introduced the policy earlier this summer, starting with its reboot of A League of Their Own, which contended with review bombers who opposed the show’s political stance....

Amazon’s putting a three-day pause on reviews for The Rings of Power
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:21 PM 09-05-2022
ready to watch tomorrow night and fucking unload on this POS!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:33 PM 09-05-2022
Funny how genuinely good content doesn't get "review bombed".

I'm not saying review bombing doesn't happen, just that it tends to happen with stuff that isn't really good or just flat out terrible.

Why isn't HOTD getting review bombed like this? They race swapped an entire Westeros family.

But it's actually GOOD.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:54 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh, I can find many examples where that wasn't the case. Watchmen, for example, was a very good show review bombed by a bunch of idiots for allegedly not respecting Rorschach enough or something.

I still maintain that this show isn't good (so far), but that has nothing to do with the number of black elves or hobbits. It's just boring as hell so far and you don't care about anything that's going on.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:41 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Oh, I can find many examples where that wasn't the case.Watchmen, for example, was a very good show review bombed by a bunch of idiots for allegedly not respecting Rorschach enough or something.

I still maintain that this show isn't good (so far), but that has nothing to do with the number of black elves or hobbits. It's just boring as hell so far and you don't care about anything that's going on.
Bullshit. That's a very rare exception, and it's still only partly true.

It has an 8.2 on IMDB.

This show is getting horrible reviews on both IMDB and RT. That doesn't happen with great content. Blaming "review bombing" on that is 100% a cop out.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:19 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I'm not saying review bombing doesn't happen, just that it tends to happen with stuff that isn't really good or just flat out terrible.

Why isn't HOTD getting review bombed like this? They race swapped an entire Westeros family.

But it's actually GOOD.
Are you kidding me... Critics review bomb shit all the time that "Is wrong for society"

Go look at rotten tomatoes for great examples of Critics review bombing shit that regular people love.

[Reply]
staylor26 11:52 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Are you kidding me... Critics review bomb shit all the time that "Is wrong for society"

Go look at rotten tomatoes for great examples of Critics review bombing shit that regular people love.

We were talking about audiences review bombing...
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 PM 09-05-2022
Again, I will go back to the example of HOTD.

Showrunners literally said GOT was too white, and made an entire Westeros family that is critical to this storyline black. And to be honest, in this context, there's plot reasons why that probably wasn't the best choice given how these two families are supposed to look alike.

But the show is great. The main character from that family Corlyn has been great.

And somehow, it still has an 85% user rating on RT and an 8.8 on IMDB.

Where are the angry incels? It's almost like they won't bitch if you actually give them something they want.

If it's actually good, you don't have to worry about review bombing,
[Reply]
Page 19 of 39
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up