View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 189 of 343
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 09:54 PM 10-02-2022
Two consecutive weeks in a row getting destroyed at the LOS.... Imagine a mahomes with legitimate pass protection. It sure as hell isn't Brown.
[Reply]
TEX 10:16 PM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
This guys value is dropping each week.
I know. Dude is not good.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:17 PM 10-02-2022
He wasn’t as bad as last week, BUT it was not a good performance.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:20 PM 10-02-2022
I realize this won't play well, but I would like to see a treatment of all Brown's snaps this year. I wonder if he's really that bad, or if a disproportionate number of his negative plays are being highlighted on the TV broadcasts.

Overall, the line's played fairly well and Brown was serviceable last year, at least down the stretch. I think it's fair to ask the question.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:23 PM 10-02-2022
Every time he misses a block I think of Better Call Saul when he’s defending the boys who fucked up that dead guy on camera and got caught.

I picture Veach rolling that big ass tv In front of everybody and playing Brown Jr fucking up and Brown Jr’s agent not being able to say a damn thing :-)

https://youtu.be/4t2qOTKOWlY
[Reply]
BWillie 10:23 PM 10-02-2022
If OBJ played for the Bengals Joe Burrow would have 30 sacks by now.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:30 PM 10-02-2022
I’m sure it’s covered somewhere in this thread, but I’m not going through almost 3000 posts to find it. Who are the projected free agent left tackles next year? I won’t lose any sleep if Brown is tagged and traded. Or if he’s moved to right tackle.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:43 PM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I realize this won't play well, but I would like to see a treatment of all Brown's snaps this year. I wonder if he's really that bad, or if a disproportionate number of his negative plays are being highlighted on the TV broadcasts.

Overall, the line's played fairly well and Brown was serviceable last year, at least down the stretch. I think it's fair to ask the question.
I think this is happening somewhat. He's clearly missing some blocks and those are getting highlighted, as they should. I have no idea what percentage those misses comprise.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:52 PM 10-02-2022
Uh, check the first four drives by the Chiefs. OBJ dominates. His kick step is much quicker, he's really punching the rusher in the chest consistently and he's finishing most of his blocks.

He kicks 9's ass repeatedly in those drives and i think he may have only lost one rep in there.

That may be the best game OBJ has played as a Chief so far.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:54 PM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, check the first four drives by the Chiefs. OBJ dominates. His kick step is much quicker, he's really punching the rusher in the chest consistently and he's finishing most of his blocks.

He kicks 9's ass repeatedly in those drives and i think he may have only lost one rep in there.

That doesn't seem to be the consensus in this thread.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:55 PM 10-02-2022

Rofl
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:59 PM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That doesn't seem to be the consensus in this thread.
Well, no one has to take my word for it. As I said, just check the game highlights. He even keeps Barrett out of the backfield most of the time. And he is definitely getting off the snap a lot quicker. And in a hostile environment. I mean it still obviously needs a lot of work, but he kept his man in front of him the entire first half.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:59 PM 10-02-2022

Shhh let the idiots keep acting like idiots in this thread. Its good entertainment.
[Reply]
R Clark 10:59 PM 10-02-2022

Bullshit he was beat quite a bit tonight, hell of a lot more than one rep lol
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:08 PM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think this is happening somewhat. He's clearly missing some blocks and those are getting highlighted, as they should. I have no idea what percentage those misses comprise.
Yeah, I'm not taking his side, I would just like to see someone who really knows how to analyze o-line play chart everything and tell us where he is at, versus the league, versus last year, considering opposition, etc.
[Reply]
Page 189 of 343
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Up