ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 319
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:49 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
I've grown so damn tired of teams game plans being double Tyreek AND Kelce and dare the Chiefs to run at all costs. Tampa Bay just pinned their ears back on Mahomes and teed off because we couldn't run the ball for shit. Get some BAMF that are 325+ across the board on the offensive line and lets start imposing our will and shoving it down peoples throats. Mahomes with an elite running game would be unstoppable.
My guess is we're about to get what you're asking for, it seems pretty clear that Veach has had enough of half measures and good enoughs... he's swinging for the fence now
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:50 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they really wanted Reiff, I think he'd already be here, at least for a visit.

They've got something else cooking.
THIS.

Reiff would be basically a lateral move, but one that would most likely be less expensive.

The fact that we don't appear to be doing that means Veach is looking UPGRADE.

Who's that? Who's available that's a no question upgrade?

Trent fucking Williams, that's who.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:52 PM 03-12-2021
Veach rebuilt an entire shitty defense in one offseason. Cut Berry, ditched Houston and Ford.

I think he can rebuild an offensive line and find a pass rusher in this offseason.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:56 PM 03-12-2021
I wonder if they’ll hand the starting RG job back over to LDT or if he’ll have to compete with someone.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:00 PM 03-12-2021
I've grown so damn tired of teams game plans being double Tyreek AND Kelce and dare the Chiefs to run at all costs. Tampa Bay just pinned their ears back on Mahomes and teed off because we couldn't run the ball for shit. Get some BAMF that are 325+ across the board on the offensive line and lets start imposing our will and shoving it down peoples throats.
They're going to take steps in the right direction but you're not going to get your wish, at least not completely.

1. That's not what Andy Reid wants in his offensive linemen.

2. Even if we had the horses up front, Andy has to use them. I looked back over the last 5 years and Andy has as many games where RB1 ran the ball 10 times or less as he has games where they ran 25 times or more. He just doesn't commit to the run on a consistent basis.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:01 PM 03-12-2021
DID WE SIGN SOME PIECE OF SHIT YET
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:01 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My guess is we're about to get what you're asking for, it seems pretty clear that Veach has had enough of half measures and good enoughs... he's swinging for the fence now
They're most certainly going to improve in pass blocking.

I wouldn't expect them to completely redo the line into a bunch of maulers though, that's not what Reid wants.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:03 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Veach rebuilt an entire shitty defense in one offseason. Cut Berry, ditched Houston and Ford.

I think he can rebuild an offensive line and find a pass rusher in this offseason.
They're going to start Niang and LDT. Allegretti and Kilgore could also possible start.

I bet they only bring in three or four players, and only two that will be seen as splash plays. A first or second round pick and and a big name FA.

Ain't shit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:04 PM 03-12-2021
They're going to take steps in the right direction but you're not going to get your wish, at least not completely.

1. That's not what Andy Reid wants in his offensive linemen.

2. Even if we had the horses up front, Andy has to use them. I looked back over the last 5 years and Andy has as many games where RB1 ran the ball 10 times or less as he has games where they ran 25 times or more. He just doesn't commit to the run on a consistent basis.
You don't HAVE to run the ball a lot.

You just have to be ABLE to run the ball when you feel like it.

A real and true threat to make a defense pay for light boxes will make all the difference.
[Reply]
Chieftain 04:06 PM 03-12-2021
I've grown so damn tired of teams game plans being double Tyreek AND Kelce and dare the Chiefs to run at all costs. Tampa Bay just pinned their ears back on Mahomes and teed off because we couldn't run the ball for shit. Get some BAMF that are 325+ across the board on the offensive line and lets start imposing our will and shoving it down peoples throats.
Yes. Building a strong OLine would make our offense more potent as opposed to getting that 2nd receiver. You need balance but it starts with the OLine. I would rather us invest on 2 quality linemen in free agency than a guy like Corey Davis.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:06 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They're going to start Niang and LDT. Allegretti and Kilgore could also possible start.

I bet they only bring in three or four players, and only two that will be seen as splash plays. A first or second round pick and and a big name FA.

Ain't shit.
Kilgore is a FA and isn’t coming back.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:11 PM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Yes. Building a strong OLine would make our offense more potent as opposed to getting that 2nd receiver. You need balance but it starts with the OLine. I would rather us invest on 2 quality linemen in free agency than a guy like Corey Davis.
Well, I think they go hand in hand, but having a decent offensive line makes your skill position players better.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:12 PM 03-12-2021
They're most certainly going to improve in pass blocking.

I wouldn't expect them to completely redo the line into a bunch of maulers though, that's not what Reid wants.
Right, I should've been a little more clear

I'm not calling for 5 maulers because we all know thats just not what Reid prefers... but I do think we're going to see somewhat more balance in the new group
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 04:12 PM 03-12-2021
Have we signed Trent Williams, Kenny Golladay, Trey Hendrickson, JuJu, Jonnu Smith and Bud Dupree yet?
[Reply]
Dante84 04:14 PM 03-12-2021
Is our new LT on this chart somewhere? I hope so!

Not so sure I'd want to franchise someone in this position on this chart. pic.twitter.com/usw6TgcEJn

— Seth Walder (@SethWalder) March 12, 2021

[Reply]
Page 189 of 319
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Up