ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 188 of 300
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:04 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I wouldn't draft him yet until he shows he can defend anyone. The worst defender Ive seen under self for years.
I hope they listen to you but that has never bothered a NBA team much before (particularly given he has NBA size) I see his stock shooting up over the next 5 months as teams start to realize his offensive IQ.
[Reply]
farmerchief 04:05 PM 01-27-2024
I wouldn't draft him yet until he shows he can defend anyone. The worst defender Ive seen under self for years.
From what I’ve seen, he’s actually improving. Several times I seen him move his feet and slide his body into good defensive position, and stop the offensive player from advancing. I have not noticed this before. I’m thinking, he’s improving, baby steps, baby steps, butI see some improvement.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:16 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
From what I’ve seen, he’s actually improving. Several times I seen him move his feet and slide his body into good defensive position, and stop the offensive player from advancing. I have not noticed this before. I’m thinking, he’s improving, baby steps, baby steps, butI see some improvement.
Oh Im all for him playing. I think he can definitely get better defensively. Its not like hes a bad athlete so no reason he cant get better. If I was an NBA GM he would need to show me more defensively to make sure he's not a Davis Bertrans out there at the next level
[Reply]
cmh6476 04:39 PM 01-27-2024
Hope we see those bastatds again in kc
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:56 PM 01-27-2024
Furphy will play in the NBA soon. Defense in the NBA? Since when?

What the **** has happened to Harris in his senior year? Is it just me? But, he is just not the same player as the previous seasons.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 05:42 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

What the **** has happened to Harris in his senior year? Is it just me? But, he is just not the same player as the previous seasons.
Nope....spot on....Harris has been very below average. Shots dont fall, he stopped taking open shots.....And his turnovers have been the worse compared to all his other years.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:47 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

There are many players who literally don't play in the league even though they are pretty good offensively.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:54 PM 01-27-2024
Rofl...just looked up Tre King from ISU. Another nobody torches us from 3. 18% three point shooter on the year. Had made 3 all year. Went 4-7 from 3 vs us.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:16 PM 01-27-2024
Baylor tries the rare double synchronous flop at the end of 3 OT, doesn’t work.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:18 PM 01-27-2024
Rofl...just looked up Tre King from ISU. Another nobody torches us from 3. 18% three point shooter on the year. Had made 3 all year. Went 4-7 from 3 vs us.
There’s a reason we were leaving that guy open specifically, yeah. Terrible shooter.
[Reply]
TEX 09:39 PM 01-27-2024
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Some douche hitting more threes in one game against KU than he has all season. A tradition unlike any ****ing other. So annoying.
They beat UH in their gym also that way. Got out to a 14 -0 lead, and held on at the end. Very annoying. UH will roll them when they get them at home.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 08:24 AM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, and at least a few of those were really good looks.

Last year I felt like he wore down a bit, and they've upped his usage, and it appears to be wearing down again.

Hopefully it's an anomaly not a trend.
Looking at his stats, I think it's clear he doesn't have the consistency to be a main guy. This year he has gotten by with some crazy FT numbers which have made some stat lines look much better than they were. He shot 12/40 against Indiana, Mizzou, and Wichita State, but his numbers looked good because he shot 35 FTs, which is an NBA star ft rate. He did the same thing against Cincy, shooting 5/17 but took 12 FTS. He has played well in some big games this year to his credit, but for every nice game he has had, he has another one where he hasn't shot well at all. It's easy to forget he shot 3-11 against UK because we won, so it isn't a late in the season wearing down thing. If he's not getting to the line a ton he's going to have really bad games like this from time to time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:45 AM 01-28-2024
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Looking at his stats, I think it's clear he doesn't have the consistency to be a main guy. This year he has gotten by with some crazy FT numbers which have made some stat lines look much better than they were. He shot 12/40 against Indiana, Mizzou, and Wichita State, but his numbers looked good because he shot 35 FTs, which is an NBA star ft rate. He did the same thing against Cincy, shooting 5/17 but took 12 FTS. He has played well in some big games this year to his credit, but for every nice game he has had, he has another one where he hasn't shot well at all. It's easy to forget he shot 3-11 against UK because we won, so it isn't a late in the season wearing down thing. If he's not getting to the line a ton he's going to have really bad games like this from time to time.
Probably right. Good look.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:44 PM 01-30-2024
Yall give up after last week?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:45 PM 01-30-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Yall give up after last week?
At least I'm not feeling the need to rock pigtails.
[Reply]
Page 188 of 300
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Up