ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 188 of 297
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192198238288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:31 PM 04-20-2010
Cats win 7-4, sweep WSU.
[Reply]
Coach 06:38 PM 04-24-2010
Watching spring ball at The Bill, and Coffman actually looks like a solid QB.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Coach 06:45 PM 04-24-2010
And they also got some nice receivers so far. Brodrick Smith can ball.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Dante84 07:16 PM 04-24-2010
Does Harper get to play this year or next?

... and any word on Bryce Brown?
[Reply]
Coach 07:22 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Does Harper get to play this year or next?

... and any word on Bryce Brown?
Oh he'll get to play this year, no doubt.

And as for Brown, nothing on my end.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:57 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
Watching spring ball at The Bill, and Coffman actually looks like a solid QB.
Posted via Mobile Device
Gag me with a knife.
[Reply]
Coach 08:19 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Gag me with a knife.
I know its hard to believe it, and granted, it is just spring football, but it is very obvious that Lamur and Cosh are not quite ready, and I didn't see Klien much to give a report on.

I understand the concerns about Coffman, and I still would have them, but at the same time, he showed control and command of the offense, which he lacked last season.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Coach 08:22 PM 04-24-2010
I'll tell u what though, you're gonna love the freshman TE K-State got. That guy is gonna be good.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:33 PM 04-24-2010
I know its hard to believe it, and granted, it is just spring football, but it is very obvious that Lamur and Cosh are not quite ready, and I didn't see Klien much to give a report on.

I understand the concerns about Coffman, and I still would have them, but at the same time, he showed control and command of the offense, which he lacked last season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Want Klein. Was he injured or what?
[Reply]
58kcfan89 09:48 PM 04-24-2010
I'll tell u what though, you're gonna love the freshman TE K-State got. That guy is gonna be good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tannahill? Cause he's a Soph... I don't see any Freshmen TEs on the roster...

Posted via Mobile Device
I won't be extatic if Coffman's the starter, but if he's improved & Coach Snyder thinks he's the guy for the job, then so be it. No matter who's under center, the offense goes as DT8 goes. I'd love to see a QB be able to hit CH4 and BS5 but if DT8 isn't playing well, it won't matter.

Gawd, I can't wait for football.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Want Klein. Was he injured or what?
Pretty sure he got hurt earlier this week and they wanted to keep him out as a precaution.
[Reply]
Coach 09:57 PM 04-24-2010
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89:
Tannahill? Cause he's a Soph... I don't see any Freshmen TEs on the roster....
18 Andre McDonald. FR-RS. 6'8", 282.

Dude is massive.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Coach 10:24 PM 04-24-2010
Finally on a computer. Coffman had a good game all around. I only recall him throwing two bad passes, one of them was underthrown and the other was too far from the receiver to have a chance of catching it on the out of bounds. Other than that, I couldn't really complain about his play. He made some nice throws. He'll need to work on the spiral though, just seems like he doesn't have the big hands to grip the ball well, as sometimes the football would rotate like a helicopter.

But Coffman threw a very nice beautiful pass to Braden Wilson in the middle of the field without breaking Braden's stride for a TD. In all, Coffman completed 38 of 51 passes for 440 yards and seven touchdowns. Granted, the big outing came against a defense filled with second-team players who weren’t allowed to blitz, so that'll be something to watch as the season kicks off.

Lamur and Cosh are not just ready. Lamur has the dual-threat ability, but the problem with him is that he has a tendency to lock in one receiver. That was also Cosh's problem as well as he got picked off twice, one was brought back for a TD.

D-Train is D-Train, and Powell is a serviceable back-up RB to give D-Train a rest for a snap or two. John Hubert is the one I'd be watching, as he had a nice play (5 yards) in the endzone. It was a handoff to him, going to the right side, and he cut back in, going in the middle of the field, and was met by 3 defenders, and somehow, he spun lose, shaking off those three defenders to get in the endzone.

But I think (outside of D-Train) of the running game success was the returning 4 offensive linemen. Powell was somewhat struggling to get yards as a 2nd stringer going against a 1st string defense, but when he switched to the first stringer, it was obvious that he was getting holes to run into. Not sure if it's more of the offensive line or the 2nd string defensive line getting hammered.

The receivers are incredible. Very much vastly improved. They had made some great catches, outside of one drop. Brodrick Smith is very solid. Aubrey Quarles was also solid. Harper didn't do much, other than a few returns and probably a catch or two, so I couldn't get a feel for him. The one I really thought will do some serious damage in the middle will be the TE. Andre McDonald is a hulking 6'8", 282 pound RS Freshman, and he runs well for a guy his size, and made some decent catches as well.

The negative that I seen was the punting. It just seemed the punter just lacks the leg strength in order to have booming punts, and kickoffs was inconsistent at best, although the ball was placed around the 5-10 yard line, I'd like to see more of kickoffs being kicked into the endzone to reduce the chance of the other team returning it.

Another negative is that we didn't quite get a good field for special teams, other than kickoff returns. Whenever the ball was punted, there were no returns, as it was immediately dead on the spot. Although, I can see part of the reasoning for it was to minimize injuries.

In all, no major injuries that I know of occured, other than Prizel Brown getting knocked down once, but he walked it off under his own power, so I don't think there'd be too much of a concern there.
[Reply]
Coach 04:16 AM 04-26-2010
Not sure if it's a comfirm or a rumor, but

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=342109.0

Originally Posted by :
Sam Harvill committed to Kansas State
http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansasvars...ollege_choices

Originally Posted by :
DT
Ht:6'0"
Wt:255 lbs
40:4.9 secs