ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1864 of 3903
« First < 864136417641814185418601861186218631864 186518661867186818741914196423642864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:27 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well that's the dirty little secret that they shouted at us that we all ignored, right? I mean the whole curve flattening thing was never to reduce cases but to spread then out so hospitals would not be overrun. We were going to get the same cases overall but they chose to spread them out over a longer period of time is all.
And that's why the whole shut down thing has to be pretty much tables for 50 years. Everyone alive today see how they moved the goal post and won't wait a month to push back like they did this time..We gave an inch and they went for the mile.
[Reply]
jaa1025 09:28 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Unless they can prove it changes the mortality rate , i am not sure giving a potentially dangerous drug for some people that helps mild symptoms is good medicine without knowing if they could have recovered equally without the drug in the first place.
People have been taking it for decades without side affects or very few mild side affects. Hell, our soldiers take it when they deploy. All of them. It's sold OTC in a lot of countries where malaria is popular.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:32 PM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
People have been taking it for decades without side affects or very few mild side affects. Hell, our soldiers take it when they deploy. All of them. It's sold OTC in a lot of countries where malaria is popular.
I said for some people it causes Heart issues , my wife is a doctor and she wouldn’t want to take it

Mild side effects for healthy soldiers does not mean it can’t cause a heart attack in 60 year old .
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:11 PM 05-04-2020
There are many things you can get OTC in other countries that are not necessarily safe to take without monitoring.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:24 PM 05-04-2020
It's sold OTC in a lot of countries where malaria is popular.
Holy shit! I never knew that malaria is popular!
[Reply]
Monticore 10:27 PM 05-04-2020
Maybe I’m getting old but people seem to have to no patients and have lost the ability to reason on their own.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:00 PM 05-04-2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thescoo...integrity/amp/
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:02 PM 05-04-2020
Maybe I’m getting old but people seem to have to no patients and have lost the ability to reason on their own.
Is that why they're closing all the hospitals?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:00 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Holy shit! I never knew that malaria is popular!
It is. Covid 19 seems to have a lot of fans also.
[Reply]
R Clark 04:24 AM 05-05-2020
I said for some people it causes Heart issues , my wife is a doctor and she wouldn’t want to take it

Mild side effects for healthy soldiers does not mean it can’t cause a heart attack in 60 year old .
Now that you mentioned it I do recall your wife is a doctor . I’ve all so read taking it early makes a bigger difference than starting on it later, but my wife isn’t a doctor so what do I know?
[Reply]
loochy 05:13 AM 05-05-2020
My wife is seeing very few patients these days. She's only working 2 days a week now because they don't have enough volume. She was, however, exposed to a dirty COVID i Friday - the mother of a newborn patient. They were in the exam room together for 20 minutes, but the dirty COVID was wearing a mask and wife was wearing proper PPE (N95, gloves, and plastic smock). She just has to monitor her temp twice a day for two weeks and be on the lookout for symptoms. Her MA gets a nice 2 week unpaid vacation though because she decided to not wear her N95 like a moron.
[Reply]
loochy 05:15 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Now that you mentioned it I do recall your wife is a doctor . I’ve all so read taking it early makes a bigger difference than starting on it later, but my wife isn’t a doctor so what do I know?
The whole theorized method of action had to do with taking it early with zinc to stop or slow replication. Only being effective super early would make sense, especially if is only moderately effective.

The heart issues occur in the studies when used at a huge dose (much higher than the COVID dosage) for a very long period (I think it was over a year). I'm lazy right now, but if you really want it, I'll go grab the pubmed link.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:32 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
My wife is seeing very few patients these days. She's only working 2 days a week now because they don't have enough volume. She was, however, exposed to a dirty COVID i Friday - the mother of a newborn patient. They were in the ezam room together for 20 minutes, but the dirty COVID was wearing a mask and wife was wearing proper PPE (N95, gloves, and plastic smock). She just has to monitor her temp twice a day for two weeks and be on the lookout for symptoms. Her MA gets a nice 2 week unpaid vacation though because she decided to not wear her N95 like a moron.
That sucks
[Reply]
Monticore 05:35 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Taking it super early doesn’t mean it helped, those patients might have recovered on their own and it might not have an effect on the mortality rates.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:43 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
My wife is seeing very few patients these days. She's only working 2 days a week now because they don't have enough volume. She was, however, exposed to a dirty COVID i Friday - the mother of a newborn patient. They were in the ezam room together for 20 minutes, but the dirty COVID was wearing a mask and wife was wearing proper PPE (N95, gloves, and plastic smock). She just has to monitor her temp twice a day for two weeks and be on the lookout for symptoms. Her MA gets a nice 2 week unpaid vacation though because she decided to not wear her N95 like a moron.
I think it worked Better in combo with zpack but that combo has more side effects.
Was the zpack doing the heavy lifting?
We can’t just pick just the trials we like the results from to make a decision, could it still be used safely to help we might not know yet.

I am just not a skeptic about HCQ I would be the same about any drug proclaimed as a cure this early , I am skeptic in general when it come to people making any proclamation over Twitter , entertainment news shows etc , I assume there are better channels a doctor would use the be taken seRiously

Remdesivir is not even being called a cure by their own company because they know it is a process and it takes time.
[Reply]
Page 1864 of 3903
« First < 864136417641814185418601861186218631864 186518661867186818741914196423642864 > Last »
Up