View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 186 of 343
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196236286 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:31 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Is it possible that Brown already knows KC won't pay him what he wants so he is just trying to make it through the season and doesn't give a shit?
For a guy planning on being the highest paid LT, presumably by some NFL team:

That's a bold strategy Cotton...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:44 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Is it possible that Brown already knows KC won't pay him what he wants so he is just trying to make it through the season and doesn't give a shit?

For a guy planning on being the highest paid LT, presumably by some NFL team:

That's a bold strategy Cotton...
[Reply]
O.city 07:06 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We signed the guy for peanuts to be a backup, and even then, we made him "compete" for that job with Roderick Johnson in training camp.

I get it... we're all sour on OBJ right now. So am I. Nobody watched the Texans last year, and there wasn't enough in preseason for any of us to make an accurate read on this guy. I'm just saying... it's pretty rare that great LTs can just hide like that in plain sight. You can do that shit with RBs, Gs, CBs... hell, even WRs sometimes slip through the cracks and play on shitty free agent contracts before breaking out. The LT position is really hard to pull a fast one like that.
True.

But the thing with that would be, say Christian can play an adequately solid LT. Not Willie Roaf or whatever, but be a good player there. Above league average etc.

He's such a cheap player, you'd get such value there you could spring and spend elsewhere.
[Reply]
TEX 09:03 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We signed the guy for peanuts to be a backup, and even then, we made him "compete" for that job with Roderick Johnson in training camp.

I get it... we're all sour on OBJ right now. So am I. Nobody watched the Texans last year, and there wasn't enough in preseason for any of us to make an accurate read on this guy. I'm just saying... it's pretty rare that great LTs can just hide like that in plain sight. You can do that shit with RBs, Gs, CBs... hell, even WRs sometimes slip through the cracks and play on shitty free agent contracts before breaking out. The LT position is really hard to pull a fast one like that.
I saw Christian play last year and he was terrible. So much so that the Texans were not going to keep him. But as a whole, they're terrible also, so not sure what to make of the fact they did not want him back. I don't have the confidence that Heck can coach him up enough to be effective. Fir anything more than spot duty.

Speaking of the Texans, they'll deal Tunsil for the right price. He does not want to be there and they've soured on his attitude. They also know they won't get anything near what they traded in order to get him.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:47 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I saw Christian play last year and he was terrible. So much so that the Texans were not going to keep him. But as a whole, they're terrible also, so not sure what to make of the fact they did not want him back. I don't have the confidence that Heck can coach him up enough to be effective. Fir anything more than spot duty.

Speaking of the Texans, they'll deal Tunsil for the right price. He does not want to be there and they've soured on his attitude. They also know they won't get anything near what they traded in order to get him.
I'd give them OBJ straight up right now.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 09-30-2022
Is Tunsil still good?
[Reply]
TEX 09:50 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'd give them OBJ straight up right now.
Oh hell yes, but not even the Texans are that dumb..Too bad BOB is gone.
[Reply]
TEX 10:43 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is Tunsil still good?
He is. But not like he was in Miami. I think that has everything to do with the Texans.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:05 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:

I don't think I agree on Christian but...

Tunsil would be a hell of a get if at all possible. I just don't see the Texans dealing him and have OBJ be part of the package. It would be a RARE type of trade, especially in-season.
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:10 PM 09-30-2022
Tunsil would be a huge get. Guy is still young. Can play at a high level for the next 3-5 years. I would trade Orlando and a second for him and not blink.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:13 PM 09-30-2022
Probably better trading for Tunsil and then moving Brown in a separate deal to a team he fits well rather than including Brown in the deal to Houston.

IMO.

I wouldn’t hate that approach but you’d need to be prepared to pay Tunsil at the top of the market pretty much immediately. His extensions runs through 2023.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:17 PM 09-30-2022
I thought if the a player was playing under the tag then they could not be traded? Did they change that?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:20 PM 09-30-2022
I'm out on Tunsil. He's a good player but between OBJ and Frank Clark, we just can't be trading for guys like this anymore.

Get some guys in the draft and coach them up.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:27 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm out on Tunsil. He's a good player but between OBJ and Frank Clark, we just can't be trading for guys like this anymore.

Get some guys in the draft and coach them up.
This.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:47 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
True.

But the thing with that would be, say Christian can play an adequately solid LT. Not Willie Roaf or whatever, but be a good player there. Above league average etc.

He's such a cheap player, you'd get such value there you could spring and spend elsewhere.
Then we're running into an Andrew Wylie problem.

Wylie isn't horrible, he's just not very good. Still, he's been known to be competent for long stretches of games and even hold his own okay against some top pass rushers. He'll never shut guys down, and he doesn't do any one thing all that well, but he's doing an important job at a dirt cheap price.

He has insane "value" to this roster in terms of production for the money.

Is that what we're okay with as our starting LT? I thought the entire issue was that we should be aiming to get the best OL possible for Mahomes. Yet here we are again cutting corners to spend elsewhere.
[Reply]
Page 186 of 343
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196236286 > Last »
Up