ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 186 of 200
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:08 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
If they can get into the playoffs they will have a pretty good chance to get to the WCF I think. Getting in is going to be the challenge with how stacked the WC is though. They can also trade Russell after Dec 15th
If Curry is this transcendental superstar I've been told about for years, he shouldn't have a problem getting into the playoffs with Draymond Green and Russell.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:09 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Good. No superteams next season and Raptors got a taste of that Kawhi loyalty.

Yeah I don't get that either. I thought George and Westbrook were tight.
How was Kawhi disloyal?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:12 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
How was Kawhi disloyal?
Not sure how anybody could call the guy disloyal after being traded to a place he didn't want to be, doing everything he could to win there, and then leaving it after a year. Seems rather professional to me.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:14 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
When you have the chance to get LeBron James, you get him. I don't understand what's really that funny here. Kawhi did them dirty and used them for leverage, but the Lakers have 2 of the top 7 players in the league.

Depleted roster? That's the only thing funny in all that.

You can make a debate about if you'd rather have LeBron and AD or Kawhi and Paul George.
Lebron also is in his mid 30’s with a crap ton of miles on his body. While he is still elite, how many more years does his body have? With all the playoffs he has been in over the years he has played the equivalent of an extra season minimum. Plus with his playing style it’s going to catch up to him quickly. I expect that his drop off will happen fast and soon (maybe not this year but within the next 2-3 years).

I think right now Kawhi-George at their current ages are a better combo than one of a 35 year old James-Davis combo.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:15 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Not sure how anybody could call the guy disloyal after being traded to a place he didn't want to be, doing everything he could to win there, and then leaving it after a year. Seems rather professional to me.
That’s why I was trying to figure out what he meant by “Kawhi loyalty”.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:15 AM 07-06-2019
Damn Kawhi is ruthless and just played the Lakers hard

Originally Posted by :
Leonard's camp was essentially trying to buy time, asking the Lakers as late as 9 p.m. Pacific Time on Friday night, to delay the consummation of the Anthony Davis trade until "as late as Sunday," according to sources close to the situation. No reason was given for that delay by Leonard's camp, except that they should do it if they still wanted Leonard to consider them.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:21 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
So Paul George has to be public enemy #1 in OKC right now?
Softest star in the league? Maybe on par with Durant. This guy was choking playoff games to the Demar Raptors when he was a Pacer, now he bolts OKC after one season and holds his incoming franchise hostage to do it.
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:33 AM 07-06-2019
Shannon Sharpe is going to call out sick for the next week :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Skip was actually right in that Clippers FO is the best in the association and they can be very persuasive over the circus that is the LA Lakers. Get rekt Bron Bron dick riders.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:37 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
News flash:

Nobody wants to play with Westbrook and it’s obvious why.
because he’s gay?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:56 AM 07-06-2019
Kawhi was never going to sign anywhere else but LA.

That’s where he’s wanted to be all along. He forced the Spurs hand over it and did them dirty. He had to play hard for the Raptors to show he still had ‘it’ after quitting on the Spurs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:03 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

NBA is such a player-driven league, it's crazy. They literally call the shots. Makes things interesting.
Kinda sorta. But it also rewards shitty owners who fall ass backwards into luck. Dan Gilbert and the Busses have no business being rewarded for their mess. But they lucked out that lebron had family reasons to be there. And it hugely favors big markets. It does make games more interesting. I just don't know how long the big 3 sports can keep getting away with this coastal market money grab. God help us when the NFL starts jamming Vegas down our throats.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:14 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Kinda sorta. But it also rewards shitty owners who fall ass backwards into luck. Dan Gilbert and the Busses have no business being rewarded for their mess. But they lucked out that lebron had family reasons to be there. And it hugely favors big markets. It does make games more interesting. I just don't know how long the big 3 sports can keep getting away with this coastal market money grab. God help us when the NFL starts jamming Vegas down our throats.

I think things will change with the next NBA CBA because you are hearing it albeit quietly that the owners don't like what is occurring with certain players having maximum leverage on teams. George had 2 years left on his contract and was able to force his way out and Kawhi basically sat the entire 2018 season so he could leave, that is not good for anybody.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:22 AM 07-06-2019
In any league where there's more player control, the big markets will be favored (Toronto is a big market, yes, but it's not a destination for American players due to being outside of the USA). Same thing happens in baseball too.
[Reply]
TEX 09:28 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Kawhi was never going to sign anywhere else but LA.

That’s where he’s wanted to be all along. He forced the Spurs hand over it and did them dirty. He had to play hard for the Raptors to show he still had ‘it’ after quitting on the Spurs.
Yep. And it all worked out for him.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:29 AM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm the “:-)” was about the quote.

And I’m not saying the Lakers made a mistake, but they’d certainly be better off with Kawhi/PG and a not so depleted roster. I don’t think it’s even a question because Lebron is 35 and AD has never won shit and likely won’t have THAT much better of a supporting cast than he did in NO.
I don't think the roster is depleted. LeBron James and AD are top 7 at worst players. Kuzma is a 3rd year player that can score. They'll get players to come on vet minimum and Danny Green is as good of a 3 and D guy as was available.

You get any superstar when you can so the notion that they should have potentially punted on LeBron is an absolute joke. Paul George didn't spurn LeBron - he stayed in OKC because he wanted to play with Russ. George wasn't coming to LA last year regardless whether LeBron was there or not. He agreed to his deal before LeBron announced where he was going.

The Lakers will be fine and this will create a great drama with the NBA. The Lakers got played in this scenario, but they'll be fine.
[Reply]
Page 186 of 200
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196 > Last »
Up