ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 184 of 469
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188194234284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:17 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

So the pitching coach seems to have lost some of the players...
Can't imagine why . . . . . . . .

It's been such a productive relationship up until this point. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:31 AM 06-29-2022
This is a quote from Royals insider Josh Vernier

"I understand that you don't want a clubhouse all jovial when you're one of the four worst teams in Major League Baseball, but I've never really been in a professional clubhouse as quiet, as tense, from Day 1 until here, game number 71," Vernier said. "I've never really been in a clubhouse likes this 2022 Kansas City Royals clubhouse ... There's quite a bit of tension inside that clubhouse."

This is extremely damning of this entire coaching staff and the front office. These clowns shouldn't be anywhere near ML baseball players. If John Sherman is just going to let the team be run like this then the whole organization can just fuck right off and move to a different state. They don't deserve a fucking dime from the tax players.

Now we have a pitcher basically telling the pitching coach to fuck off and is using a Twitter account for help pitching. There are some quotes from some of the younger pitchers this year that make it seem like they don't trust Cal. I don't think a single pitcher likes the guy.

There isn't a single starter with an ERA below 4.5. The fact that this coaching staff hasnt been able to improve this team is sickening and Dayton is fine with it because they are raising them the right and Godly way!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:52 AM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Looking at some potential Beni trade locations:

Yankees - Trey Sweeny looks like a potential target according to all the Yankees sites. SS who could slide to 3rd. Yankees first round pick last year
Padres - most of their top 10 list is in rookie ball it seems but a good system
Rays - top 5 system

Kansas City Royals: Andrew Benintendi

Andrew Benintendi will become a free agent at the end of the season, so the Royals would be best served to move 2021’s Gold Glove-award-winning left fielder. Benintendi’s production at the plate has returned to the type of levels that made him a first-round pick. He’s only 27 years old and he’s currently batting .299 with a .367 on-base percentage. He also has the lowest strikeout rate of his career (14.2 percent). A team needing an impact bat will come calling, and considering the Royals’ lost season, a deal is imminent. — Alec Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:57 AM 06-29-2022
MLB Trade Deadline: Top 12 candidates to be traded
Jim Bowden

5. Andrew Benintendi, LF, Royals

Slash line: .295/.360/.390 HR: 3 RBI: 25
WAR: 1.4 OPS+: 114

Benintendi won the American League Gold Glove for left fielders last year and should challenge for the award again this year. He ranks in the 65th percentile in Outs Above Average for all outfielders. His batting average dipped below .300 this week, but he’s reaching base at a 36 percent clip. He has figured out his best role: to create traffic at the top of the lineup and prevent runs with his leather. Benintendi is eligible for free agency after the season, and if the Royals aren’t going to be able to re-sign him, they should trade him before the deadline.

Best team fits: Padres, Marlins, Yankees, Rays, Brewers, Braves

9. Whit Merrifield, 2B/OF, Royals

Slash line: .232/.277/.318 R: 33 SB: 9 2B: 15
WAR: -0.7 OPS+: 69

Merrifield has led the AL in hits twice, stolen bases three times, doubles once (last season) and triples once. But, at age 33, he’s having the worst year of his career. Merrifield can play second base, right field and left field, versatility that helps his trade value. He is making $7 million this year, and if he spends fewer than 110 days on the injured list in 2022, he’ll make $6.75 million next year plus another $500,000 when the Royals buy out his $18 million mutual option for 2024. He has to play better leading up to the deadline for the Royals to get anything significant back in a trade. If he doesn’t, they’ll have to wonder if they waited a year too long to trade him.

Best team fits: Padres, Brewers, White Sox

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:11 PM 06-29-2022
I guarantee Whit isn't traded. Fuck I could see them holding onto Beni too.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:21 PM 06-29-2022
Beni will get traded, it's a foregone conclusion.

Whit, meh. I could see them holding onto him. Although, they need to trade him at this point. It's not just about trade value (whats left) or him getting older or Royals not being competitive this year (all good reasons to trade him), but he's blocking second base.

Either for Nicky Lopez (who, admittedly, is struggling right now) or Massey, who will probably get a call up at some point (and needs to) assuming Whit is not still here.

But, hey, we'll just keep him. Along with MAT (whose trade value will never be higher than it is right now), O'Hearn, our wonderful pitching coach and our inspiring manager. Let's just keep everyone! I'm sure that will work out for the best . . . . . .
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:36 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
9. Whit Merrifield, 2B/OF, Royals

Slash line: .232/.277/.318 R: 33 SB: 9 2B: 15
WAR: -0.7 OPS+: 69

He has to play better leading up to the deadline for the Royals to get anything significant back in a trade. If he doesn’t, they’ll have to wonder if they waited a year too long to trade him.
You think?:-)

There was absolutely no reason, IMO, not to dump him last year at the trade deadline. How much more blood did they think they were going to be able to squeeze from the Whit turnip?
[Reply]
myselff77 01:09 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
There isn't a single starter with an ERA below 4.5. The fact that this coaching staff hasnt been able to improve this team is sickening and Dayton is fine with it because they are raising them the right and Godly way!
What's James Shields doing these days? Fire Eldred, bring in Shields to work with these young arms, and have him bring back his neon light in the clubhouse to award the king of the game and bring some levity back to the team.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:10 PM 06-29-2022
great job by Greinke today
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:45 PM 06-29-2022
Greinke might bring back a haul if he keeps pitching like this.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:03 PM 06-29-2022
Jack Nicholson (as the Joker): "This team needs an enema!"
[Reply]
BWillie 03:26 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

"I understand that you don't want a clubhouse all jovial when you're one of the four worst teams in Major League Baseball, but I've never really been in a professional clubhouse as quiet, as tense, from Day 1 until here, game number 71," Vernier said. "I've never really been in a clubhouse likes this 2022 Kansas City Royals clubhouse ... There's quite a bit of tension inside that clubhouse."

This is extremely damning of this entire coaching staff and the front office. These clowns shouldn't be anywhere near ML baseball players. If John Sherman is just going to let the team be run like this then the whole organization can just **** right off and move to a different state. They don't deserve a ****ing dime from the tax players.

Now we have a pitcher basically telling the pitching coach to **** off and is using a Twitter account for help pitching. There are some quotes from some of the younger pitchers this year that make it seem like they don't trust Cal. I don't think a single pitcher likes the guy.

Meh. Quiet guys are also good at baseball. See Alex Gordon, Lo Cain, Mike Trout and others.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:38 PM 06-29-2022
going to twitter for pitching tips? twitter is a shitshow so no
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:29 PM 06-29-2022
JP Morosi just mentioned on MLBN that the Phillies have interest in Benintendi.

Kansas City Royals outfielder Andrew Benintendi is reportedly a potential target if the Philadelphia Phillies dip in to the trade market to help replace Bryce Harper, who's out indefinitely after suffering a broken left thumb on Saturday.

Jon Morosi of MLB Network reported Wednesday that Benintendi is a "name to watch" given the limited financial impact of his expiring contract and his connection to Phillies president Dave Dombrowski after four years together with the Boston Red Sox.

A single trade isn't going to fill the massive void left by Harper. The reigning National League MVP was putting together another terrific season with a .318/.385/.599 slash line, 15 home runs and nine stolen bases through 64 games before the injury.

Would clear the way for Nick Pratto.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:47 PM 06-29-2022
Ehh
[Reply]
Page 184 of 469
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188194234284 > Last »
Up