View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 183 of 343
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:43 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Not sure I would go that far. At the time of the trade we were up against it with no real options.
We got a decent year out of him and made hay with rhe picks we got back. But people predictably lost their minds over the trade. We'd fleeced the Ravens, he was a future perennial All Pro, it was much better than using the draft pick.Lots of odd responses for a guy excelling in run blocking in a very different offence

We didn't do too bad given how we used the picks we got back, but it looks like another trade whiff at this point
[Reply]
jettio 07:17 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
We got a decent year out of him and made hay with rhe picks we got back. But people predictably lost their minds over the trade. We'd fleeced the Ravens, he was a future perennial All Pro, it was much better than using the draft pick.Lots of odd responses for a guy excelling in run blocking in a very different offence

We didn't do too bad given how we used the picks we got back, but it looks like another trade whiff at this point
Considering that Ronnie Stanley has been slow to recover from the ankle injury he got in 2020, the game after signing his extension, it is nonsense to complain about the trade being a whiff for the Chiefs.

Orlando Brown made Pro Bowl in 2020 and 2021. Ronnie Stanley's 3rd game of even stepping on the field might be this weekend or next.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:23 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Why is he playing then?
Trey Smith & him should be on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same reason Hardman is playing: it’s a contract year
[Reply]
O.city 07:25 AM 09-29-2022
If no one played when they're dinged up in the NFL, half the the roster would be out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:27 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
If no one played when they're dinged up in the NFL, half the the roster would be out.
Lots of guys play through injuries. Not everybody is hurt bad enough that they just flat out suck.

At this point, OBJ is hurting the team by trying to play through injury. Sit him.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:28 AM 09-29-2022

I wouldn't say it's a whiff, he's just not as good as we hoped. And we dodged the bullet of giving him a longer term contract than he has.

They took a gamble and didn't strike gold, but they also hedged bets appropriately.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:28 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If that's the case, bench him for conduct detrimental to the team.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:06 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

This is the sack. Brown had his guy beat.
I put this on whoever was responsible for not ensuring Buckner was doubled all day.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:22 AM 09-29-2022
I can't think of another player where there is as big of a disconnect between what my eyes tell me and how the rest of the league and experts view the guy.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:03 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Considering that Ronnie Stanley has been slow to recover from the ankle injury he got in 2020, the game after signing his extension, it is nonsense to complain about the trade being a whiff for the Chiefs.

Orlando Brown made Pro Bowl in 2020 and 2021. Ronnie Stanley's 3rd game of even stepping on the field might be this weekend or next.
Well there's two ways to evaluate the trade. One is how well we've done from it, and the other is how well the Ravens have done. But the first is probably more important to us. Probably "whiff" is too strong, we've done OK with the other picks and got one not-too-bad season from Brown. But as a long-term solution at LT, as many assumed, not so sure.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:04 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I wouldn't say it's a whiff, he's just not as good as we hoped. And we dodged the bullet of giving him a longer term contract than he has.

They took a gamble and didn't strike gold, but they also hedged bets appropriately.
Probably fair
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:04 AM 09-29-2022
Well there's two ways to evaluate the trade. One is how well we've done from it, and the other is how well the Ravens have done. But the first is probably more important to us. Probably "whiff" is too strong, we've done OK with the other picks and got one not-too-bad season from Brown. But as a long-term solution at LT, as many assumed, not so sure.
Exactly.

Last year it was about the situation, the draft picks, and the franchise tag. All of that was pretty much worth it for what we got last year.

This year it's about justifying his asking price. Not worth it. At all.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:08 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hardman is not helping himself.

At all.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:09 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If that's the case, bench him for conduct detrimental to the team.
No shit
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:10 AM 09-29-2022
Ok watched the 2nd half and I'm just not seeing him get beat. He has like 3-4 subpar plays and 2 bad reps, but he's blocking his guy pretty damn well. Most of the pressure is coming from guys that he is not responsible for.
[Reply]
Page 183 of 343
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Up