ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 183 of 334
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Jerm 06:57 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Do you guys think they should bring back jobbers and get rid of 50-50 booking so that more of the roster looks strong instead of good portions of your main event talent taking weekly losses on Raw?
I harp on NJPW so much cause I'm a mark for them but God I just don't know why WWE doesn't copy them more...

It's no wonder why NXT is the best product they have...limited scripting, they let their really good workers put on awesome matches, and the big matches/moments FEEL big. It's the closest thing they have to NJ/indy wrestling...

WWE is too into mainstream coverage, buzzwords, bullshit campaigns, and acting like they're anything but a professional wrestling company...
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:01 PM 05-07-2018
Just hold on for less than two months:

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:07 PM 05-07-2018
Ruby Riott is fucking grotesque.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:09 PM 05-07-2018
I really do not see what anyone sees in Ember Moon....
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:29 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ruby Riott is fucking grotesque.
She looks like James Ellsworth in drag.
[Reply]
otherstar 07:31 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
It's no wonder why NXT is the best product they have...limited scripting, they let their really good workers put on awesome matches, and the big matches/moments FEEL big. It's the closest thing they have to NJ/indy wrestling...
That is the difference between HHH and Vince, in a nutshell. After watching the Andre movie on HBO and learning that Vince did the scripting on the WM 3 match explains a LOT about why NXT is a better show these days.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:05 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I harp on NJPW so much cause I'm a mark for them but God I just don't know why WWE doesn't copy them more...

WWE is too into mainstream coverage, buzzwords, bullshit campaigns, and acting like they're anything but a professional wrestling company...
Here is another huge difference: WWE has too many hours of tv to fill in a week. Raw and Smackdown combine for 5 hours a week. NXT is 1 hour per week. New Japan does at most a few shows a month (except for G1).

New Japan also, for the most part, protects the important belts (Heavyweight Champ and IC Champ) so you don't see them changing hands every month. Okada has been the champ for a long time. Nak held the IC title for a while. Their belts mean something.

For me, what is missing is slow-burn feuds that take a long time to blow off. When Kevin Steen and El Generico had their blood feud in ROH, it literally lasted an entire year. It started at one Final Battle and blew off at the next Final Battle. ROH could do that because they didn't have a billion hours of tv to fill and could afford to do a slow burn.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:09 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Every single member who's involved with creative, outside of NXT, needs to either be fired or retire. Seems at this point though they know they've got their hardcore audience that's going to watch no matter what and have given up on making a quality television show.
NXT had two 5-star matches on like a 5 match show, and the main shows put out nothing but garbage. Something needs to change, and that is likely Vince croaking. Vince is not going push an Adam Cole or a Johnny Gargano or a Ricochet because they are "too small", yet those are the guys are putting on amazing matches in NXT because they are allowed to.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:17 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Here is another huge difference: WWE has too many hours of tv to fill in a week. Raw and Smackdown combine for 5 hours a week. NXT is 1 hour per week. New Japan does at most a few shows a month (except for G1).

New Japan also, for the most part, protects the important belts (Heavyweight Champ and IC Champ) so you don't see them changing hands every month. Okada has been the champ for a long time. Nak held the IC title for a while. Their belts mean something.

For me, what is missing is slow-burn feuds that take a long time to blow off. When Kevin Steen and El Generico had their blood feud in ROH, it literally lasted an entire year. It started at one Final Battle and blew off at the next Final Battle. ROH could do that because they didn't have a billion hours of tv to fill and could afford to do a slow burn.
Agreed...esp. about the titles. I mean when someone, presumably Kenny, beats Okada its going to be a huge deal.

Another huge difference and I harped on this earlier is the commentary...the Okada/Tana match is a perfect example. I of course knew the result before watching but there were points in that match where if I hadn't known the feeling Kelly/Callis gave off was that Tana was gonna pull it off and do it, it was so awesome. Not to mention the little nuggets and callbacks they throw in...it adds so much.

10 secs. of Michael Cole talking about THE BIG DOGGGGG~!!! or whatever stupid buzzwords they're trying to get over and I want to mute the TV.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 08:29 AM 05-08-2018
The minute Michael cole speaks I want to mute him. When he tried to burry woken Matt before the ultimate deletion was terrible. Thank god Correy was the voice of the fans to tell him to shut up. I hope he’s fazed out. The truth is Vince loves him and will put him into the hall of fame which he doesn’t deserve.
[Reply]
loochy 08:42 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by chiefscafan:
The minute Michael cole speaks I want to mute him. When he tried to burry woken Matt before the ultimate deletion was terrible. Thank god Correy was the voice of the fans to tell him to shut up. I hope he’s fazed out. The truth is Vince loves him and will put him into the hall of fame which he doesn’t deserve.
So was that an angle or was it Cole being a douchebag? Wouldn't Vince just rip him a new one if he was trying to legitimately bury the relatively new and popular Hardy angle?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
chiefscafan 08:52 AM 05-08-2018
Not sure I think he is a douche bag. When he was so smug doing that anonymous GM thing I stopped watching because he was annoying. I like to remember him and coach getting punked by stone cold and DX.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:29 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
So was that an angle or was it Cole being a douchebag? Wouldn't Vince just rip him a new one if he was trying to legitimately bury the relatively new and popular Hardy angle?
Posted via Mobile Device
uhhhh, WWE has gone out of their way to bury new and popular angles/characters that weren't of their own creation for Vince's entire tenure.
[Reply]
Swanman 11:36 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
uhhhh, WWE has gone out of their way to bury new and popular angles/characters that weren't of their own creation for Vince's entire tenure.
There have been a lot of bad cases of that, but the worst I can remember in hindsight was that god-awful WWECW PPV where they jobbed CM Punk out first in an elimination chamber match when he was by far the most popular guy in the match.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:38 AM 05-08-2018
Vince uses Cole as a mouthpiece, so whatever Cole says is what Vince thinks.

Smarks love the final deletion so by default, Vince hates it.
[Reply]
Page 183 of 334
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Up