ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 183 of 295
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:44 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
I remember Kareem Hunts first game vs the Patriots. He fumbled and lost the fumble. He was seen on the sidelines shaking his head and had a look on his face like "**** that, I'm gonna prove to everyone that I'm way better than that" and then had like 150 yards and dominated.

If CEH doesn't do that next week vs the Chargers, Stop Giving Him Carries.
Kareem Hunt came back and did this:

When CEH does something like this, everyone will get off his case.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:59 AM 09-20-2021
The problem with being optimistic about CEH is that it’s pretty clear at this point he only gets what is readily available, sometimes even less, due to blocking and scheme and that’s basically it. So even with a good game here and there he is still going to have left more out there so a good game isn’t going to be a sign of improvement at all for me.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:03 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Kareem Hunt came back and did this:

When CEH does something like this, everyone will get off his case.
He will never be anywhere near Kareem Hunt. He is what we are seeing.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:05 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
CEH or Hellen Keller?
Keller would be less likely to run straight into a the only group of people in the way.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:07 AM 09-20-2021
Didn’t CEH fumble late in the Bills regular season game last year, but thankfully his knee was down just a split second before the ball popped out?
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 06:10 AM 09-20-2021
Getting rid of Hunt was a ****ing HUGE mistake. One that will continually haunt us for ages. With him our offence was the perfect machine.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:11 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Didn’t CEH fumble late in the Bills regular season game last year, but thankfully his knee was down just a split second before the ball popped out?

That’s correct.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:17 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The problem with being optimistic about CEH is that it’s pretty clear at this point he only gets what is readily available, sometimes even less, due to blocking and scheme and that’s basically it. So even with a good game here and there he is still going to have left more out there so a good game isn’t going to be a sign of improvement at all for me.
In any case, whether he's capable of improving or not, while it is important to create a culture where you trust your players, there needs to be a message sent.

Andy needs to drastically reduce Clyde's carries. Let him figure out and find those holes while on the bench.

Inexcusable shit like this needs to be met head on and dealt with. We're on a mission. Don't fuck up that mission for everybody else.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 06:36 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Even on that last run it sure looked like he could have bounced it outside to the right, avoiding the pile and the defender who caused him to fumble.

But nope, he was just running straight up the wall of people instead.
He's too slow and his strides are too short to bounce it outside. This a huge limitation in his game. His lack of speed really becomes apparent when you see him running diagonally towards the sideline.

Gotta move on from him, it's not going to get better.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:11 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Blame the call that put him in position to fumble instead of letting 15 slice and dice to a chip shot. But yeah another unimpressive game...
Players play.

I don't love the call but Mahomes carving them up was probably precisely why Reid went to the run there. He'd seen our defense. He knew we needed to bleed the clock.

IIRC, it was 1st & 10 right around midfield with a little under 2 minutes left. Knowing we absolutely have to run clock, the whole playbook is open there.

That one was on CEH.

If I blame Reid for anything, it'd be continuing to trot CEH out there as the starter. He's completely ineffective.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:16 AM 09-20-2021
Need to promote Gore, If anything hopefully it lights a fire under his ass.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:18 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Getting rid of Hunt was a ****ing HUGE mistake. One that will continually haunt us for ages. With him our offence was the perfect machine.
Yup.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:20 AM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
He's too slow and his strides are too short to bounce it outside. This a huge limitation in his game. His lack of speed really becomes apparent when you see him running diagonally towards the sideline.

Gotta move on from him, it's not going to get better.
Yeah, at first I thought he was just missing the read to the outside. Now I'm wondering if he's just not capable of bursting to the outside. Because defenses are giving that to him many many times.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:21 AM 09-20-2021
Letting D. Williams go was a mistake..... No clue why we did
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:25 AM 09-20-2021
I think Andy needs to bench CEH and claim injury. Call up Gore and lead with Darrel Williams. It gives CEH an excuse, gives him time to figure shit out, and it's possible he isn't playing at 100% which isn't helping. Hopefully gore shines and CEH has to fight his way into playing time.
[Reply]
Page 183 of 295
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193233283 > Last »
Up