ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 195
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2017 NFL Draft Thread**** (NO Spoilers)
Dante84 11:29 PM 04-26-2017
Let's fucking do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:07 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The other guys look depressed, but Kelly looks pathetic

GMs are thinking "how will he react when the chips are down?"
He's on the phone. He can't hold it with his injury.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:08 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Are the Raiders SB contenders on NFLN
They didn't fill many needs either (which they had more of), but nobody will talk about that

Interior DL and LB's are still trash
[Reply]
O.city 04:10 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They didn't fill many needs either (which they had more of), but nobody will talk about that

Interior DL and LB's are still trash
True.

I really hope Mahomes pans out. The next 10 years of duels with Carr would be awesome.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:11 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
True.

I really hope Mahomes pans out. The next 10 years of duels with Carr would be awesome.
That should be fun

Especially when Carr no longer has a top OL in front of him

:-)
[Reply]
Dylan 04:14 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
At a Hammock Party

You're all invited
:-) is it sunny outside?

Better bring the SP30 sun cream
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:15 PM 04-29-2017
Obviously the main take away this week is Mahomes and the long term picture of having our guy but I still think we're the best team in the West right now for 2017 :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:22 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Can you really be super bowl caliber without a stud RB?

Not to mention that Maclin quit
You don't need stud RB in my book. You need good blocking. Many studs never sniffed a SB title. Stud QB is the key in today's game, not RB. That's why I would never take one in the first round. You can get good RB in round 2 or later that can do the same thing with good blocking.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 04:26 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I love you
I went out for the draft so I wouldn't be so focused on it. Got to the draft party and then waited til pick 10. Then I heard KC moved up and went uh oh!! I said please give me my gunslinger. When Goodell said Patrick Mahomes, I just clapped so loudly and enjoyed some bourbon
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:30 PM 04-29-2017
I wouldn't take a RB in the top 5 for sure, likely not in the top 15. Even if they are studs for 5-8 years, the shelf life just isn't there compared to if you get a stud player elsewhere.

But, I get it somewhat because they are typically safer picks.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:31 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Can you really be super bowl caliber without a stud RB?
Let's see...leading rushers of the last 11 Super Bowl winners...

LeGarrette Blount
Ronnie Hillman
Shane Vereen
Marshawn Lynch
Ray Rice
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Jackson
Pierre Thomas
Willie Parker
Brandon Jacobs
Joe Addai
Willie Parker

I don't see a lot of elite studs in that group. Lynch for sure. MAYBE Ray Rice.

Otherwise, I see a lot of flash in the pans that were quickly run through the meat grinder and replaced.
[Reply]
Dylan 04:31 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
It was a reference to the British gal who announced the Jags' pick from London earlier
I understand the girl was British - However, the car is pronounced 'Jag-u-are' in countries outside of the U.K., including the U.S.

Watching the NFLN today featuring the orangutan show, the sideline wedding on the balcony, the Giants ridiculous draft picks, etcetera, has made me prissy. :-)
[Reply]
Dylan 04:39 PM 04-29-2017
Wow, the NFLN patting themselves on the back for turning the NFL Draft into a three-day clown show...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:40 PM 04-29-2017
Denver takes Chad Kelly :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:40 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Let's see...leading rushers of the last 11 Super Bowl winners...

LeGarrette Blount
Ronnie Hillman
Shane Vereen
Marshawn Lynch
Ray Rice
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Jackson
Pierre Thomas
Willie Parker
Brandon Jacobs
Joe Addai
Willie Parker

I don't see a lot of elite studs in that group. Lynch for sure. MAYBE Ray Rice.

Otherwise, I see a lot of flash in the pans that were quickly run through the meat grinder and replaced.
Proves my point. No RB is worth a first round pick. Blocking, QB play, Defense and tackling well are far more important.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:45 PM 04-29-2017

ESPN no longer at Kelly's home. Fam ordered cam man to stop transmitting after photo sent out. Don't blame em. Moment brief, shown as a joke

— Tim Graham (@ByTimGraham) April 29, 2017

[Reply]
Page 182 of 195
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192 > Last »
Up