« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
PHOG 08:05 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
It'll be interesting to find out the extent of Kevin's injury. Judging by his reaction when he tried to throw the ball on the sideline, it looked much worse than a sprain. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a holiday inn express one time.
Yes, it WILL be very interesting. I would imagine this will be a major topic going into the weekend, and possibly beyond.
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 08:17 AM 11-17-2023
How many draft picks are we gonna take away for not reporting this on the injury report?
[Reply]
notorious 08:24 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
I feel like this was me in like 2012. Diehard for Chiefs, Royals, and Mizzou. Pioli was dreadful and SAVE OUR CHIEFS was in full force. The Royals always had a 'future', but it never materialized and seemed to always be investing in the farm. And Mizzou, well Pinkel was always seemingly right at the line of getting us a Big 12 Championship, but alas it was never in the cards.

Genuinely, be proud of yourself that you are a real fan. I'd tell you to join us for the Red and Gold, but I know your heart wouldn't be in it.

I think most of us here can say genuinely with the Chiefs' 2 rings, and the Royals winning it all in 15 (and a run in 14 I'll never forget), I like to think that it means so much more when you've been through the ringer.

I always used to compare KC sports fans like myself akin to the biblical Israelites, wandering through the Desert for 40 years, denied and delayed entry to the promised land.

But we're in the promised land now, and let me tell you man, it was DEFINITELY worth wandering the desert.

:-)

This is spot-on.
[Reply]
wazu 08:24 AM 11-17-2023

The NFL is investigating why the Bengals did not list QB Joe Burrow on their injury report when the team posted a picture of him wearing a device on his wrist Wednesday night and he appeared to be hampered by the injury early in the Thursday night game that he later left, the… pic.twitter.com/xba8URiWri

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 17, 2023

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:28 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Once again i find myself sitting here wondering why i continue to be a Cincinnati are sports fan. A baseball team that hasn't won a playoff series since '95. A football team that shows a spark of success every few years then loses every single SB they've been in and a college basketball team with a coach that has wasted more talent that any 3 other coaches combined, who only won 1 championship because he had so much talent that he couldn't fuck it up but then he did proceeded to fuck that up a couple years later when he took an undefeated team to the final 4 and shit all over himself. Meanwhile, all the "rivals" of said area sports team are able to have extended periods of success with multiple championships.

So i'm gonna open up the floor. Please give me some ideas on what the FUCK is wrong with my brain that i continue to support the teams in this area when they do nothing but shit all over themselves and proceed to fall all over each other due to the massive amount of runny, smelly shit they've just produced.

Ready.
Aim.
Fire!
too much skyline chili, it's rotted your brain
[Reply]
PHOG 08:35 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Originally Posted by :
After the game Bengals coach Zac Taylor told the media afterward that it "looked like" Burrow sprained his wrist. Taylor said he was unaware of any previous injury. He did not comment or speculate on if it's a long-term injury.
https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-qb-...022630601.html

tsk tsk :-)
[Reply]
notorious 08:38 AM 11-17-2023
Unaware about the most important wrist on the most important player of his team.

Suuuuuure.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:53 AM 11-17-2023
they lost their QB, they're gonna lose their season and they're gonna lose draft picks :-)

bengals gonna bengal
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:54 AM 11-17-2023
I would like to call them cheaters.....but Dumbasses keep coming to mind.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:55 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Once again i find myself sitting here wondering why i continue to be a Cincinnati are sports fan. A baseball team that hasn't won a playoff series since '95. A football team that shows a spark of success every few years then loses every single SB they've been in and a college basketball team with a coach that has wasted more talent that any 3 other coaches combined, who only won 1 championship because he had so much talent that he couldn't fuck it up but then he did proceeded to fuck that up a couple years later when he took an undefeated team to the final 4 and shit all over himself. Meanwhile, all the "rivals" of said area sports team are able to have extended periods of success with multiple championships.

So i'm gonna open up the floor. Please give me some ideas on what the FUCK is wrong with my brain that i continue to support the teams in this area when they do nothing but shit all over themselves and proceed to fall all over each other due to the massive amount of runny, smelly shit they've just produced.

Ready.
Aim.
Fire!
Hey man, been there done that.

I was born in 83, so I don't remember the Royals WS and barely remember the KU 88 Ship.

After Roy shitting the bed and Self getting punked in 05,06,07, I was thinking KU was cursed. 08 legitimately changed my life. Basketball became fun again.

I knew the Chiefs were cursed FFS they were bad save 2 seasons of disappointement with a mercinary SF castoff. Then we were really good under Vermiel and won *checks notes* 0.00 playoff games...FUCK.

Then the decade of darkness. I should have checked out far more than I did while the franchise was finding new and creative ways to be the worst fucking fan experience possible.

Then we got Reid and and got respectable again. After the Andrew Luck (the concussion game) dogfuck implosion I had to check out for a bit. I was barely paying attention to the Triplett game (fuck that motherfucker with a D9 Cat).

Then Mahomes happened and changed my fandom.

Just read some threads here from 2014, and we've all been there. Just check out for a bit if need be. Fandom is weird. I'm a pretty normal well adjusted dude. Run a business, have a good family, I'm pretty damned happy in life. But the Bowl win in 20 (and the KU win in 08) legitimately changed my life. I can't explain why it means what it means to my life. But it does.

Just hang tight, everybody on the board has been there. At least you won playoff games in the last 25 years, and UK isn't a post season dud.
[Reply]
wazu 09:16 AM 11-17-2023
I'm guessing everybody is joking, but pretty sure there is no history of the NFL taking away draft picks because of injury reports. Just fines of the team and coach that I can remember.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:22 AM 11-17-2023
I'm guessing everybody is joking, but pretty sure there is no history of the NFL taking away draft picks because of injury reports. Just fines of the team and coach that I can remember.
This comes from Schefter's X post:

Originally Posted by :
The NFL routinely looks into matters of compliance with the Injury Report policy, and will do so in this instance as well. Teams can be fined or even potentially lose a draft pick.
I don't know if it's ever been done though.
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:43 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
:-)

This is spot-on.
I'm not gonna lie, It feels great not having to use that analogy anymore. Welcome to the Land of Milk and Honey! :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:01 AM 11-17-2023
Just saw this on facebook. giggle

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:02 AM 11-17-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
This comes from Schefter's X post:

I don't know if it's ever been done though.
I'm guessing it's like the rule where a ref can just award points to a team, it's in the books but never used.
[Reply]
Page 181 of 269
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231 > Last »
Up