View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 181 of 343
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231281 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:03 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He also had the sack, but that was more because of the interior pressure than because of Brown. Brown pushed his guy up field like he's supposed to, but Mahomes was unable to step up into the pocket because of the interior pass rush.
sack was on mahomes holding the ball
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:12 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dirty little secret is that Thuney and Smith haven't been great the last two weeks. I was reminded of Smith's injury and that makes sense. But Thuney hasn't been sharp either.

That said - B+ for Brown or 'pretty ****ing good' seems like there's some grade inflation in there. Dude looked like he was playing with an inner ear infection. He just kept extending early, losing his leverage and then getting his weight too far forward to maintain the pocket. And because of that lack of leverage/balance, even when he was routing guy back/round (and yeah, that's how he does it typically), he didn't have any power behind it so they were able to flatten out. And so the rushers were allowed to get to Mahomes plant spot.

When he's effective he pushes guys behind Mahomes. This time he pushed them back, but just not with enough force. Mahomes shouldn't HAVE to step up if his LT is playing "Pretty damn good" - the LT is supposed to take guys OVER his drop back point because of the arc. That just wasn't happening last weekend from what I saw.
He may not have looked great fundamentally, but he did his job of keeping Mahomes from feeling pressure.

While I watched the game I thought that he played pretty shitty, but when watching the game and just watching him, he played pretty damn well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:15 PM 09-28-2022
He may not have looked great fundamentally, but he did his job of keeping Mahomes from feeling pressure.

While I watched the game I thought that he played pretty shitty, but when watching the game and just watching him, he played pretty damn well.
Dude, I watched the All 22 like 8 times.

Let's put aside whether or not Mahomes faced actual pressure - you cannot say he kept Mahomes from "feeling" pressure because it was plainly fucking obvious Mahomes was "feeling" pressure on pretty much every play.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:35 PM 09-28-2022

This is the sack. Brown had his guy beat.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:38 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, I watched the All 22 like 8 times.

Let's put aside whether or not Mahomes faced actual pressure - you cannot say he kept Mahomes from "feeling" pressure because it was plainly ****ing obvious Mahomes was "feeling" pressure on pretty much every play.
That wasn't coming from Brown's defender.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:39 PM 09-28-2022
That wasn't coming from Brown's defender.
I'm not talking about one play.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:40 PM 09-28-2022
I'm not talking about one play.
I'm not either, but I also haven't watched the whole All22 yet. I'll finish it here in the next hour or so.
[Reply]
hawkchief 02:45 PM 09-28-2022
I can smell an OBJ "injury" coming so he can not get exposed more than he has and protect his visions of a big pay day.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:08 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I wasn't able to find a stream during the game but I'm watching the NFLN replay and this man just fell.

Didn't even make contact with a defender, he just fell lol

What a bum.
Did you try streams East? That worked so well for me. Maybe the best stream I’ve had.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:15 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
I can smell an OBJ "injury" coming so he can not get exposed more than he has and protect his visions of a big pay day.
If he does that's he's really hurting his chances because one of his selling points is OBJ's relatively healthy availability
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:30 PM 09-28-2022

This is the sack. Brown had his guy beat.
100% on mahomes
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
100% on mahomes
The scramble, I think on the 2nd drive, where Patrick ended up scrambling to the middle-right for like 2 yards...he had a pocket and there were guys open and he just held onto the ball for way too long.

Mahomes did not have a good game.
[Reply]
TEX 03:51 PM 09-28-2022
The scramble, I think on the 2nd drive, where Patrick ended up scrambling to the middle-right for like 2 yards...he had a pocket and there were guys open and he just held onto the ball for way too long.

Mahomes did not have a good game.
Nope. I'm sure the fact that he was in full run for his life mode for most of the day had something to do with it.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:52 PM 09-28-2022
I'm with TEX. I want a DE or WR in the 1st next year but we simply HAVE to address the LT position, probably early.

I'm all for doing whatever it takes to replace Brown at this point. He wants too much money. Let him walk.
If they can’t get a solid LT in FA they absolutely have to go that route in the draft more than WR. What would be best would be Brown improving and justifying the money he wants.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:28 PM 09-28-2022
We have two shit tackles. That really sucks with a stud QB. Veach had better fix that shit for 2023.
[Reply]
Page 181 of 343
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231281 > Last »
Up