ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1809 of 3903
« First < 809130917091759179918051806180718081809 181018111812181318191859190923092809 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 08:23 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
we should have went the Sweden route.
Based on what numbers?
[Reply]
limested 08:25 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Based on what numbers?
They have almost twice as many deaths as recovered. Sounds like the perfect model to follow.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:28 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Some of you sound like virus cheerleaders.

You don't have one damn clue about a future spike, etc.

It's like you WANT it to keep going.

Millions starved during the depression. MILLIONS. Millions killed themselves..

We got through that.

You want to "lay down and die" for this virus, you're already dead and won't have a country as you know it to come back to.

:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
:-)
Everytime someone posts something like that, all I can think of is, you know the virus isn't like say a military opponent, standing up and saying stuff like that doesn't make you noble or patriotic.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:32 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
They have almost twice as many deaths as recovered. Sounds like the perfect model to follow.
Well he also cut off the start of the sentence with a rather important detail which is his MO.

Originally Posted by :
if the numbers aren't dropping we should have went the Sweden route
The point is if the numbers aren't declining what was the point? Sweden is likely to get through this faster and at this rate we are going to hit the same number of deaths per million we are just taking longer to get there. Sweden has 274 deaths per million we are at 208.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:32 AM 05-04-2020
You really have no clue to what you are talking about.
Read the post before yours.

We are in unchartered territory. I get being cautious.

But not to the point of paralyzing the country.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:33 AM 05-04-2020
Well he also cut off the start of the sentence with a rather important detail which is his MO.

The point is if the numbers aren't declining what was the point? Sweden is likely to get through this faster and at this rate we are going to hit the same number of deaths per million we are just taking longer to get there. Sweden has 274 deaths per million we are at 208.
And Finland and Norway are at 40.
[Reply]
Donger 08:34 AM 05-04-2020

Because if we hadn't enacted the mitigation efforts, we'd have more deaths. Probably many more.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:37 AM 05-04-2020
Because if we hadn't enacted the mitigation efforts, we'd have more deaths. Probably many more.
We are still going to have many more deaths according to everyone.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:41 AM 05-04-2020
Gotta open up the economy and make billions for those who will still be at home isolating.
:-) wonder what the spin from those people will be when the economy doesnt magically bounce back and theres a relapse with the virus
[Reply]
Donger 08:41 AM 05-04-2020
We are still going to have many more deaths according to everyone.
And we would have had more than that if we hadn't mitigated. I think that's incontrovertible.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:42 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
There have been thousands of essential businesses running for weeks now and I haven’t seen any indication that there is some trend of those causing infections at an abnormal rate or of thousands of grocery store, hardware, or Costco workers being infected. I believe people are getting infected but it’s not the most high risk groups so we just aren’t hearing about because they aren’t leading to high hospitalizations.
The problem is that this thing is at its deadliest not due to slow, gradual spread, but when sudden outbreaks occur in specific situations (e.g., nursing homes). So as one example of what you're talking about, they had to close a Walmart in Aurora, CO after three people died.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ected-to-store

Is that common? I'm not sure. But it is happening here and there.
[Reply]
limested 08:43 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Read the post before yours.

We are in unchartered territory. I get being cautious.

But not to the point of paralyzing the country.
Again. You are fucking clueless. You spout shit off you have no clue about.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:44 AM 05-04-2020
And we would have had more than that if we hadn't mitigated. I think that's incontrovertible.
Who is advocating for no mitigation? Here you are arguing a point nobody has made again. Sweden did mitigation.
[Reply]
Donger 08:44 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The problem is that this thing is at its deadliest not due to slow, gradual spread, but when sudden outbreaks occur in specific situations (e.g., nursing homes). So as one example of what you're talking about, they had to close a Walmart in Aurora, CO after three people died.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ected-to-store

Is that common? I'm not sure. But it is happening here and there.
Employees violated the stay at home order, as in they were symptomatic and went to work anyway?
[Reply]
Page 1809 of 3903
« First < 809130917091759179918051806180718081809 181018111812181318191859190923092809 > Last »
Up