ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 180 of 192
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:35 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His Spotrac market value on a 5-year deal is about $116M.

The top tackles are all slotting in about $23M per year.

I don't think 5 for $100M gets it done.
I wonder if Spotrac considers the leverage that would come with the Tag. It probably doesn't (it can't guess who will/will not get one).

I think 5/105 would do it. I honestly think 6/$120 would as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:38 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wonder if Spotrac considers the leverage that would come with the Tag. It probably doesn't (it can't guess who will/will not get one).

Put an extra year on it and yeah, I think he'd probably take a lower per year because they can load more into the bonuses and spread them out further.
[Reply]
mkp785 04:55 PM 01-26-2022

His Spotrac market value on a 5-year deal is about $116M.

The top tackles are all slotting in about $23M per year.

I don't think 5 for $100M gets it done.
I'm fine either way as long as we get him locked. He's so young, perfect for Mahomes to have protecting him the rest of his career.

That said, 20M avg puts him behind only: Williams, Bhaktari (probably the best pass protector if he's 100%) and Tunsil (made an all pro team I thought....)

Can he really say he's better than all of them? Take in mind I'm saying this taking into account Bhaktari being back to normal.

That 5/100 puts him at 4th place and also gives him more than Ronnie Stanley-which I think is important to him. Plus, he's playing for titles every year which should lead itself to all pro nods and endorsements.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:10 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I'm fine either way as long as we get him locked. He's so young, perfect for Mahomes to have protecting him the rest of his career.

That said, 20M avg puts him behind only: Williams, Bhaktari (probably the best pass protector if he's 100%) and Tunsil (made an all pro team I thought....)

Can he really say he's better than all of them? Take in mind I'm saying this taking into account Bhaktari being back to normal.

That 5/100 puts him at 4th place and also gives him more than Ronnie Stanley-which I think is important to him. Plus, he's playing for titles every year which should lead itself to all pro nods and endorsements.
It’s not about being “better” it’s about him being a 26 year old OT that has made 1 pro bowl as strictly a right tackle, one pro bowl as a right tackle switched to left tackle midway through the season snd then a pro bowl as strictly a LT.

He deserves a top of the market LT deal and we should give it to him and move along to fix other positions. Just structure it so it has flexibility throughout the deal and get him for as many years as we possibly can.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:11 PM 01-26-2022

Why would his agent agree to that?
[Reply]
mkp785 05:17 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s not about being “better” it’s about him being a 26 year old OT that has made 1 pro bowl as strictly a right tackle, one pro bowl as a right tackle switched to left tackle midway through the season snd then a pro bowl as strictly a LT.

He deserves a top of the market LT deal and we should give it to him and move along to fix other positions. Just structure it so it has flexibility throughout the deal and get him for as many years as we possibly can.
Trent and Bhaktari are getting 23, so you'd give him 24? Ultimately we can't lose him so you pay what you have to pay, but I think immediately offering the max is unneeded. I agree with DJLT in that he'll probably take less in 20/21M a year deal.

I would've offered that 5/100M deal the second we traded for him too. In reality, we traded a 1st for him so we need to keep him.

Edit: the one thing his agent shouldn't do is take a 6yr deal as at his age you wanna maximize the amount of times you'll be able to sign big deals. At his age he does 1 five yr deal and he can still do another when he's 30/31 for another big number. God knows what LTs will be making in 2027. He wants in on that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:35 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Trent and Bhaktari are getting 23, so you'd give him 24? Ultimately we can't lose him so you pay what you have to pay, but I think immediately offering the max is unneeded. I agree with DJLT in that he'll probably take less in 20/21M a year deal.

I would've offered that 5/100M deal the second we traded for him too. In reality, we traded a 1st for him so we need to keep him.

Edit: the one thing his agent shouldn't do is take a 6yr deal as at his age you wanna maximize the amount of times you'll be able to sign big deals. At his age he does 1 five yr deal and he can still do another when he's 30/31 for another big number. God knows what LTs will be making in 2027. He wants in on that.
He has no reason to sign for $20M per when the market will bear more.

My guess is he ends up signing for something like 5 years and $112M.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:34 PM 01-26-2022
I’d put an educated guess that his agent will come to the table expecting to get the Trent Williams deal plus the % of increase to the cap from last year to this year.

I think Brown ends up getting a deal almost identical to Trent.

If BV signs him for any less, it should be viewed as a huge win for the team as long as he’s inked for 5 or 6 years.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:44 PM 01-26-2022

Any possibility of him signing for less and get more guaranteed money?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:49 PM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Any possibility of him signing for less and get more guaranteed money?
He will get the highest amount of guaranteed money in history, for his position.

And be worth every red cent.

He’s literally got almost everything you’d draw up for a left tackle.

HOF pedigree
Elite size
Elite run blocker
Solid pass blocker
Mean streak
Constantly works to improve
Only been in the league 4 years
Doesn’t even turn 26 till May, so the whole contract is for his prime years.
3 time pro bowler

His deal will be a HUGE bargain within 2 years.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:00 PM 01-26-2022
Wait, wasn't Chief Fan (on this very board) suggesting we move Niang to LT and let Brown walk?!?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:33 AM 01-27-2022

He’s not going to be a UFA.

The Chiefs have his rights the next two years at essentially $38 million via the franchise tag.

You think they have the leverage for another 3 yrs/$75 million on top of that?

$22 million times 3 plus the $38 million on the tag the next two years gets you right at 5/$105. That’s more than Staley got and its going to have enough guarantees for generational wealth while also putting him back on the market at 30 with the possibility of another good contract.

It’s also staying with a team he’s grown familiar with, a quarterback he respects, an organization that treats its players well and locks him into the position he wants to play.

It strikes me as checking off every necessary box while being fair to both sides.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:46 AM 01-27-2022

If he wants to block for Patrick fucking Mahomes he can take 15 or hit the damn road.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:49 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He will get the highest amount of guaranteed money in history, for his position.

And be worth every red cent.

He’s literally got almost everything you’d draw up for a left tackle.

HOF pedigree
Elite size
Elite run blocker
Solid pass blocker
Mean streak
Constantly works to improve
Only been in the league 4 years
Doesn’t even turn 26 till May, so the whole contract is for his prime years.
3 time pro bowler

His deal will be a HUGE bargain within 2 years.
Speed rushers run right by his fat ass. Draft a LT at 32
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:19 AM 01-27-2022
He’s not going to be a UFA.

The Chiefs have his rights the next two years at essentially $38 million via the franchise tag.

You think they have the leverage for another 3 yrs/$75 million on top of that?

$22 million times 3 plus the $38 million on the tag the next two years gets you right at 5/$105. That’s more than Staley got and its going to have enough guarantees for generational wealth while also putting him back on the market at 30 with the possibility of another good contract.

It’s also staying with a team he’s grown familiar with, a quarterback he respects, an organization that treats its players well and locks him into the position he wants to play.

It strikes me as checking off every necessary box while being fair to both sides.

I don't think he signs for less than $22M per.
[Reply]
Page 180 of 192
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190 > Last »
Up