ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark = Neil Smith? [Clark signs with Broncos]
Third Eye 01:01 PM 06-08-2023

Breaking: Free agent pass rusher Frank Clark is signing with the #Broncos, sources tell @theScore.

The 3x Pro Bowler and 2x Super Bowl champ with the #Chiefs finds a new home in Denver.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) June 8, 2023

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:54 AM 06-12-2023
Have we this sign of he shit a piece yet?
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:55 AM 06-12-2023
Broncos wont make the playoffs, so he wont be a threat.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:02 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
In our two championship seasons Clark played in 6 playoff games. In those games he had 7.5 sacks, and 11 QB hits. That's a pretty ****ing massive contribution when it mattered most.
Yeah people just hate to hate. Frank provided real results when it mattered. For a franchise that never did this for 50 years, you’d think people would appreciate that
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:03 AM 06-12-2023
In our two championship seasons Clark played in 6 playoff games. In those games he had 7.5 sacks, and 11 QB hits. That's a pretty fucking massive contribution when it mattered most.
"When it mattered most"

That's my problem. Clark's play is being excused because he had streaks of sacks in the postseason. Hell, it's being more than excused. It's being PRAISED.

We pissed away a 1st rounder and all that fucking money for him to be good more often than "when it mattered most."
[Reply]
TEX 11:09 AM 06-12-2023
In our two championship seasons Clark played in 6 playoff games. In those games he had 7.5 sacks, and 11 QB hits. That's a pretty ****ing massive contribution when it mattered most.
Yep. And I appreciated ALL of it. But now I don't give a shit about him because he's a Bronco.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:13 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah people just hate to hate. Frank provided real results when it mattered. For a franchise that never did this for 50 years, you’d think people would appreciate that
A FRANCHISE didn't do this for 50 years.

That franchise is made up of the elite coaching staff we have, plus the greatest QB and TE the league has ever seen. We had excellent OL play, some awesome underpaid playmakers like Damien Williams, McKinnon, and Pacheco. Jones got paid to get sacks and he produced. Bolton was awesome. Guys like Watson and Williams got INTs in the playoffs. When I think back to both playoff runs and what Clark gave us, I think of his shit talking to Derrick Henry and the defense backing it up. I don't suck his dick for his sacks.

You know when shit REALLY mattered the most? Chris Jones getting a bat down on the penultimate 49ers drive. And Chris Jones delivering the final sack of Joe Burrow to end it by telling Dunlap to move the fuck over because his ass was gonna play end and get the play done.

Those are the guys who cracked the 50 year drought. Frank Clark didn't.
[Reply]
wazu 11:51 AM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
"When it mattered most"

That's my problem. Clark's play is being excused because he had streaks of sacks in the postseason. Hell, it's being more than excused. It's being PRAISED.

We pissed away a 1st rounder and all that fucking money for him to be good more often than "when it mattered most."
We played all our playoff games at home. Would've loved more from Frank during the regular season but we just didn't need it. You can make a strong case that we DID need him in the postseason. I also believe he was a strong force for positive culture. If he wasn't I don't think we'd see Chris Jones lobbying for him on Twitter.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:07 PM 06-12-2023
We played all our playoff games at home. Would've loved more from Frank during the regular season but we just didn't need it. You can make a strong case that we DID need him in the postseason. I also believe he was a strong force for positive culture. If he wasn't I don't think we'd see Chris Jones lobbying for him on Twitter.
Good for Frank that we just didn't need it. I'm glad. He got to fuck around and drink and have pooping problems while everybody else put in the grind of getting enough wins to secure those playoff byes and home field advantages. Hell, they put in the work just to get into the playoffs every year. We paid what we did for him so he could take on some of that responsibility for the whole season, and we just didn't get it from him.

And I just don't see why I should be remembering him that fondly when there are so many other heroes to honor from this chapter of the Golden Age of Chiefs Football. Or how I should view this move to Denver as something painful, like seeing the good guy turn bad. It doesn't matter. Clark was overpaid. And just because we succeeded with him doesn't mean I'm going to tell my grandkids about getting to watch Frank fucking Clark play for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:50 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
"When it mattered most"

They're also hand-waiving the absolute layup set up for him against Cincy in 2022 when he flat out no-showed the game (and entire post-season). Or how 'bout 2021 when he got 2 sacks in a game we won by 14 and another in a game we lost by like 24. Did ANY of those matter? Because in the Browns game when we needed Chad Henne to save our asses, he was nowhere to be found - seems like he had 3 sacks in that postseason and NONE of them came 'when it mattered most'. It was just another example of his erratic effort being covered by Reid/Mahomes and an opportunity for him to continue playing to accumulate meaningless stats.

And for all the talk of his greatness in our championship runs - I seem to recall him doing nothing but absolutely shitting the bed vs. the Eagles. And against the Bengals, lets not act like that was anything but the "Chris Jones Destroys All Creation" game. He was solid vs. the Jags - I'll give him that one, but the rest of that post-season happened around or through him. Not because of him.

But I've had all these conversations before.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Funny how the PM changes the fortunes of a franchise. It's a good thing he and Reid were around to get them past a couple of Clark's no-shows or you'd be calling him overrated like Justin Houston...

eh - probably not. You'd just find different excuses for him.

We simply "Hate just to Hate" a guy who's been paid more money than anyone in franchise history, cost a 1st and 2nd round pick and routinely took entire seasons off while drinking himself out of playing shape.

Yeah - no reason to 'hate' at all there...
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:11 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Funny how the PM changes the fortunes of a franchise. It's a good thing he and Reid were around to get them past a couple of Clark's no-shows or you'd be calling him overrated like Justin Houston...

eh - probably not. You'd just find different excuses for him.

We simply "Hate just to Hate" a guy who's been paid more money than anyone in franchise history, cost a 1st and 2nd round pick and routinely took entire seasons off while drinking himself out of playing shape.

Yeah - no reason to 'hate' at all there...
Hater
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:48 PM 06-12-2023
Franks comes out to Denver. Frank needs Oxygen. Frank plays 12 plays a game. Not much different than his time in KC during the reg season- he is just breathing harder
[Reply]
In58men 03:45 PM 06-13-2023
Don’t like this :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
New World Order 04:06 PM 06-13-2023
They have a picture of him in his Chiefs uniform :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:06 PM 06-13-2023
I'm now excited to see a Chiefs OG pull and squirt 55 into a tube sock as Pacheco farts on him as he steps over his corpse.

Again....Frank Clark only shows up on the playoffs, which Means 55 will finally show up just in time to go to a Sandals to kick off the offseason in Denver.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up