ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 34
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Wanya Morris was drafted with pick 92 of round 3 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.35 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 215 out of 1294 OT from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/KnzoH8NdfS pic.twitter.com/KZgxtMNcfb

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

Pick 95: Wanya Morris OT OU

The competition at RT isn't eye popping but it may be enough to feel comfortable to not reach. Adding another hat to the ring may be the move.

Morris has the length and natural movement the Chiefs often look for at OT. Clean up his hands & thrive pic.twitter.com/tDDr7f22NC

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) April 24, 2023

[Reply]
Palangi 05:43 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He got absolutely destroyed on his first play out there. After that I couldn't tell u
Just not true at all.
[Reply]
Palangi 05:46 PM 11-27-2023
I thought Wanya looked good. He is very physical in the run game. And hold up way better against the bull rush than Smith. He did a good job pushing his guy around the pocket when the defender was trying to run the hoop.
He has good movement skills and plenty of power. I’d like to see him get more reps. D smith gets pushed back on the picket way too often. Probably because he plays so tall. Bring PTW and Niang back as the backups next year
[Reply]
staylor26 05:51 PM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He got absolutely destroyed on his first play out there. After that I couldn't tell u
Are you ever right about anything?
[Reply]
Bump 06:06 PM 11-27-2023
if this guy can play and our 1st round pick can play, it's gonna seem like 2 bonus players next season!

FAE I would imagine will get a chance to start next season since Danna will probably be gone. And they put Wayna in at LT when Smith had to come out. Wouldn't that be something if these guys started rocking the shit next season.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:09 PM 11-27-2023
He GoT aBsOluTeLy DeStRoYeD!!!
[Reply]
Palangi 12:33 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
He GoT aBsOluTeLy DeStRoYeD!!!
Wanting it to be true and having it be true are not the same
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:46 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
They need a R2 OT pick unless there's really nothing left. Taylor's contract is the issue. If you could get that at LT and be comfortable Mahomes won't get blown up you could pick these developmental guys for RT every year until one sticks. But I suppose you don't know what you got until you play them.
Taylor is playing RT next year. They aren’t going to draft another OT that high.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:50 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Taylor is playing RT next year. They aren’t going to draft another OT that high.
Yeah, I felt like Taylor was going to transition to LT next season but damn man, the penalties are just so rough.

I don't know that they'll put him on an island like that.

Feels like he's good for 2 every week even AFTER you get past the Jax debacle. I suspect that's not the case and a lot of it seems to have ironed out after the Jets game, but still - last couple weeks have shown some habits re-surfacing.

I think he's played pretty well, but those penalties are tough and at LT without much help from the TE (and oftentimes dealing with a Will that may/may not blitz) things are going to be harder still.

He's gotta clean stuff up before I think we could even consider that transition.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:58 PM 11-28-2023
IF he can line up correctly on the LOS, not commit two false starts and one hold per game I might declare it an UPGRADE!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:01 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Palangi:
Just not true at all.
They ran right behind him for four yards equals destroyed.
[Reply]
O.city 01:05 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I felt like Taylor was going to transition to LT next season but damn man, the penalties are just so rough.

I don't know that they'll put him on an island like that.

Feels like he's good for 2 every week even AFTER you get past the Jax debacle. I suspect that's not the case and a lot of it seems to have ironed out after the Jets game, but still - last couple weeks have shown some habits re-surfacing.

I think he's played pretty well, but those penalties are tough and at LT without much help from the TE (and oftentimes dealing with a Will that may/may not blitz) things are going to be harder still.

He's gotta clean stuff up before I think we could even consider that transition.
I just don't think it's worth the transition.

Leave him at RT, put Morris at LT after giving him the entire offsesason, give him help, and go from there.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:24 PM 11-28-2023
I confused this guy with Wanogho Forever.
[Reply]
Palangi 02:23 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
They ran right behind him for four yards equals destroyed.
Watch the end of the play. He buries the guy. And yes as a defensive lineman if you get driven back 4 yards I would say that’s getting blown up
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:25 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Palangi:
Watch the end of the play. He buries the guy. And yes as a defensive lineman if you get driven back 4 yards I would say that’s getting blown up
No, he said Morris got destroyed.
[Reply]
Palangi 02:27 PM 11-28-2023
My bad. Got you
[Reply]
Page 18 of 34
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up